Clutch pedal adjustment Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 05:39 AM
ON
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
My original comments on this thread:

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...=163723&page=5

To help out members, I have created a simple DIY to help remedy the clutch issue.

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...09#post2141109

Originally Posted by andy2434

LOL . . . I have been expecting you. What took you so long.
Why have you been expecting him?

It's sad to see a respected moderator like you not help the G35/350Z community save money by posting such a simple DIY, but instead try to promote an item that is overpriced and try to get people to buy it when instead you could have help out the G35/350Z by showing/telling us how this kit works and/or how to make something similar to it.

Originally Posted by RedondoG
I've had mine for over 2 years with no ill effects.
What took you so long to decide to share this with everyone else? You had it for two years and you're only decided to share your secret now by marketing it? Sad...just sad.

There are a lot of mods that i don't mind paying for...yours is not one of them. Why, you wonder? Because your mod is simple one that anyone can easily make. If you marketed coilovers, springs, camber arms, turbos, etc, i would not mind paying for them because those are items that not everyone can make on their own at home. You take a simple idea and market it. An idea so simple that rather than sharing it with your fellow G and Z members, you want to make a profit off of it. This just shows other that you are a selfish person. I don't know you, and you might not be a selfish person off the forum, but what you have been doing thus far only makes people on the forums think you are a selfish person. This is my view of you and I'm sure by now a lot of people on here think the same.

Originally Posted by skaterbasist
You people act as if it hurts to pay $45 dollars for a mod im sure most of you wouldn't really bother to create.

I thought we were in a G35 forum, not a beater civic forum

What's $45 dollars for a G owner? 3/4's of a gas tank?

I just don't like the fact that some members here & over at my350z.com are bringing skepticism or doubt into a product that works.

Taking a "risk" on a $45 dollar product might be the smallest risk you'll ever take on a G35 mod.

Not trying to stir anything up here... my post isn't meant to offend you doubters/skeptics.

We are in a G forum. Where have you been?

$45 is a lot of money. $45 is exactly as you said...3/4 tank of gas. It could be a week's worth of lunch, a video game, 2 dvd's or 3 old dvd's, bill payment, etc... We're not all as rich as you. I'm sure most of us (including yourself) worked our @$$ off so that we could get our G, so spending $45 on something that could've cost $5 is wasting money you could've spent on something else. If $45 is not a big issue for you, how about sending $45 to me for MY 3/4 tank of gas?

Originally Posted by g35brother
Just goes to show the capitalistic nature of people. I always thought the purpose of a forum was to assist and relate to other enthusiats.
I totally agree with you on this one.

Old 07-22-2007, 09:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have to agree with you...except the respected part...makes you wonder sometimes if they are getting freebees

Old 07-22-2007, 11:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Yume
It's sad to see a respected moderator like you not help the G35/350Z community save money by posting such a simple DIY, but instead try to promote an item that is overpriced and try to get people to buy it when instead you could have help out the G35/350Z by showing/telling us how this kit works and/or how to make something similar to it.
You would have busted his chops for interferring, and now you're busting his chops for not interferring. This is a no win situation for Andy no matter how you slice it!

What took you so long to decide to share this with everyone else? You had it for two years and you're only decided to share your secret now by marketing it? Sad...just sad.
And if I had released something without thoroughly testing it (like the DIY for adjusting the threaded rod at the clutch pedal) you would have called the kit untested. Once again a no win situation!

There are a lot of mods that i don't mind paying for...yours is not one of them. Why, you wonder? Because your mod is simple one that anyone can easily make. If you marketed coilovers, springs, camber arms, turbos, etc, i would not mind paying for them because those are items that not everyone can make on their own at home. You take a simple idea and market it. An idea so simple that rather than sharing it with your fellow G and Z members, you want to make a profit off of it. This just shows other that you are a selfish person. I don't know you, and you might not be a selfish person off the forum, but what you have been doing thus far only makes people on the forums think you are a selfish person. This is my view of you and I'm sure by now a lot of people on here think the same.
If you think the mod is simple and anyone can make it then don't buy mine! You must be a manager somewhere, I can just hear you telling an engineer that his idea is worthless because you could have thought of it by yourself - well YOU DIDN'T! You call me selfish and whine that this should be free, maybe you should move to one of those few leftover communist countries where the government will provide for you.

We are in a G forum. Where have you been?

$45 is a lot of money. $45 is exactly as you said...3/4 tank of gas. It could be a week's worth of lunch, a video game, 2 dvd's or 3 old dvd's, bill payment, etc... We're not all as rich as you. I'm sure most of us (including yourself) worked our @$$ off so that we could get our G, so spending $45 on something that could've cost $5 is wasting money you could've spent on something else. If $45 is not a big issue for you, how about sending $45 to me for MY 3/4 tank of gas?
Once again, if you want to save your pennies then do that, but don't whine about it. Make your own kit and give it away because by your line of thought we all deserve a freebee -- we own Gs.

Old 07-22-2007, 11:28 AM
G35driver Addict
i still want to see pics of the actual D-Wolf "kit"

Old 07-22-2007, 02:34 PM
ON
Originally Posted by izmir41500
i still want to see pics of the actual D-Wolf "kit"
well i won't "bust" RedondoG's "chops" by posting picture of his product. If he wants to help out the people on this forum rather than make make from them, he'll post a picture of his product.

Old 07-22-2007, 02:50 PM
ON
You would have busted his chops for interferring, and now you're busting his chops for not interferring. This is a no win situation for Andy no matter how you slice it!
I'm not trying to bust anyone's "chops"...just pointing out that a moderator should be helping out people on the forums. If a product is so simple that anyone can make, why not just tell them to not waste their money and go buy a $2 piece of plastic to resolve the issue. If I was a mod, I would gladly tell people to save their $45 for something else. and don't give me that BS about me not being a mod cuz that's just childish.

And if I had released something without thoroughly testing it (like the DIY for adjusting the threaded rod at the clutch pedal) you would have called the kit untested. Once again a no win situation!
Two year to test it? Damn...If it didn't work in the first few months, don't you think your tranmission would've been fvcked up by now.

If you think the mod is simple and anyone can make it then don't buy mine! You must be a manager somewhere, I can just hear you telling an engineer that his idea is worthless because you could have thought of it by yourself - well YOU DIDN'T! You call me selfish and whine that this should be free, maybe you should move to one of those few leftover communist countries where the government will provide for you.
It is simple. I posted a DIY which I'm sure you read by now. NO...i didn't think of the idea. I give you a +1 prop for that. But trying to market such a simple idea that simply could've been resolved in a DIY is sad. -2 props for that.

I wish I was a manager somewhere, but I'm not quite there yet. I just graduated from school two years ago and am working my way up the food chain.

Let's not assume things...it make an @$$ out of U and ME. It's like me assuming you are some broke @$$ college kid trying to make money off people on this forum...but I know you're not, right?

Old 07-23-2007, 01:29 PM
I'm SOOOO glad I didn't spend $45 on this. In my opinion, it is totally not worth the money if all it does is stop your travel early. That doesn't solve the real problem for me at all.

What I don't like about the pedal is the position that my leg/foot are in when the clutch engages.. too high. The angles and so forth don't feel comfortable. It's not a big deal and I've gotten used to it, but that's what I would like to correct, not excess travel down low.

I think most important with any clutch mod is that the travel of the plunger remains the same. Nissan/Infiniti engineers spent no doubt a lot of time on the design, and I'm sure there are reasons for the pedal to be the way it is (temperature variations, wear, fluid condition, etc) to guarantee full engagement/disengagement of the drivetrain.

The D-Wolf Clutch Kit, turns out, cannot possibly retain the original plunger travel. That makes it something I would never use. What I would like is something that lowers the engagement point for real, because only that can affect the kind of change I want -- to change the physical interaction with my body -- angles, leg position, etc, at the point of engagement. HOWEVER, so far the only way to do that is to lower the pedal using the clevis pin adjustment, which, causes pedal return issues due to helper spring interaction.

So I guess what I've learned from D-Wolf is this:

1. Trust your instincts. If someone doesn't want to tell you what you are paying for, it's probably because you likely wouldn't want to pay for it if you knew what it was. If the work is worth the money, then there's no need for the intense secrecy. I'm glad I didn't fall to temptation and buy this, hoping it solved my problems as described above.

2. Next time someone comes around and says they've solved the clutch issue, the proper question for me to ask them is "does it change the angle of the pedal at the point of engagement while still retaining the OEM travel at the plunger?" .. Terry would have answered no to this (or perhaps given me an ambigious answer, but let's give the benefit of the doubt) and preventing me from being tempted to buy it and then being dis-satisfied.

As for D-Wolf... LOL what a joke. That's an obvious mod ("put a brick under the pedal") that anyone could come up with. I immediately dismissed such an idea in my own mind as not only not a real solution but something that CAN -- despite what THE TECH (or anyone not on the design team for the clutch on our car) says -- cause extra wear and/or damage to the clutch or other transmission parts (synchros). WILL it? I don't know, I've not analyzed the reasons why the OEM travel is how it is sufficiently to tell you. That would require lots of testing in many many conditions, which I am not equipped to do. And I see no reason for myself or any of us to assume that these secretive folks are any more an "expert" in this area than we are.

I'll offer my "expert" opinion though -- whatever the mod -- if the plunger doesn't have the same range of motion as the factory set up or fails to return fully on its own, it's a bad idea.

Thanks to everyone.... And.. I do find it amusing that Andy closed the other D-Wolf thread under heavy negative criticism/pressure.

Old 07-23-2007, 01:35 PM
Lex
Hi Yume, you seem like a very nice person...

You know how to open up the headlight housing and paint the inside black right? Can you do it for me please?? I can bring a heat gun and paint. I'll drive to you also, I'm from socal.
I need to install some pulleys, aftermarket clutch, flywheel, and LSD. I can bring all the tools and fluids. Also have to change my rotors and pads... maybe the line and fluid also.
Oh and I also need to install some sideskirts and completely detail the interior and exterior of my G.

Do you think you can help a fellow member out please??

Last edited by suhochunsah; 07-23-2007 at 01:37 PM.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:16 PM
^

Old 07-23-2007, 02:31 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
well that was...really...random...

Old 07-23-2007, 02:37 PM
I was thinking dumb and irrelevant. It seems you are much more polite than I.

The clutch kit guy's logic is the same as redlude97 saying "Give me $20 and I'll send you a PDF showing you how to aim your headlights" instead of being helpful with something easy and posting his "How to properly aim your 06 lights" .... if he wants to make a custom piece of plastic that is the right height for the G35 and sell it so you don't need to measure or otherwise make it "easier" fine... but telling people how to do something easy is what this community needs more of and it definitely needs less of people trying to rip other's off because they think their idea is so brilliant...

Last edited by mal_TX; 07-23-2007 at 08:26 PM.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:21 PM
ON
Originally Posted by suhochunsah
Hi Yume, you seem like a very nice person...

You know how to open up the headlight housing and paint the inside black right? Can you do it for me please?? I can bring a heat gun and paint. I'll drive to you also, I'm from socal.
I need to install some pulleys, aftermarket clutch, flywheel, and LSD. I can bring all the tools and fluids. Also have to change my rotors and pads... maybe the line and fluid also.
Oh and I also need to install some sideskirts and completely detail the interior and exterior of my G.

Do you think you can help a fellow member out please??
Why do I have the feeling that you’re being sarcastic, Alex? We have met and talked a couple of times at the chino hills meet and the SoCal BBQ. You seem like a nice guy. I found it amusing when you would tell your “cop” stories from Irvine and that they pull you over for every little thing and how you got pulled over three times within 15 minutes or something like that. I know who you are Alex, do you know who I am? Do you know that the person you are being sarcastic to right now is someone you know? I hope you do and I hope you are being serious in your post above.
I do a lot of things I don’t charge people for (including ahero4eternity, Klumzyee, G2Fast, MaidenG35, yolkyolkyolk, fiveseven, and some other members on here) and I don’t charge them a dime (although they do offer to buy my dinner and I don’t mind that)…you can ask them yourself if you want.
If you want your housing to be painted black, I will do them for you. I even am nice enough to let you borrow an extra set of housings I have while I work on yours. All I ask is that you don’t rush me (cuz I like to work at my own pace and it could take a week if I’m busy) and provide all the necessary supplies. I won’t charge you for labor, but I’m not gonna pay for your materials either. I’m a nice guy, but not that nice.
As for the other stuff, clutch, flywheel, LSD, etc. I have no experience with those. But if you really want to save money, I can attempt to do those for you. You can be my “guinea pig” if you will. Although if your car doesn’t work, I won’t hold any responsibility cuz I told you I don’t have any experience with those…yet anyways. I can change your pads and rotors though…that’s a walk in the park. The hard part is to find time when I’m not busy…which is uncommon, cuz I’m a busy guy.

Let me know…PM me.

^
I'd like to see you do things for free, Terry.

Old 07-24-2007, 04:23 PM
ON
Originally Posted by mal_TX
I was thinking dumb and irrelevant. It seems you are much more polite than I.

The clutch kit guy's logic is the same as redlude97 saying "Give me $20 and I'll send you a PDF showing you how to aim your headlights" instead of being helpful with something easy and posting his "How to properly aim your 06 lights" .... if he wants to make a custom piece of plastic that is the right height for the G35 and sell it so you don't need to measure or otherwise make it "easier" fine... but telling people how to do something easy is what this community needs more of and it definitely needs less of people trying to rip other's off because they think their idea is so brilliant...
Thanks mal_TX and those that have supported me.

Old 07-24-2007, 04:23 PM
ON
Oh and Terry...GL with your sale.

Old 07-24-2007, 04:26 PM
G35driver Addict
Yume. i hope to meet you at one of the meets whenever i move out there next month. you sound like a good guy.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Clutch pedal adjustment Kit