Work S1's 19x11 +17

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 06:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
might be interested. any updated pics? thanks.

Old 08-24-2008, 12:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So the lips have been painted some color? What size tire are you running out back, any issues with rubbing? Pics would be fantastic.

Old 08-25-2008, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by phisig
So the lips have been painted some color? What size tire are you running out back, any issues with rubbing? Pics would be fantastic.

I am running 285/35/19 out back!! the color painted on edge of lip is AB the color of stock G , No rubbing issue's but thats because I had fendes rolled!! I will see what I can do about getting more pic's

Old 08-25-2008, 08:50 PM
wazzup Andre im looking forward 2 checking them wheels out man i never noticed the blue lip ever the few times i saw your car man

Old 08-27-2008, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by g35cali
wazzup Andre im looking forward 2 checking them wheels out man i never noticed the blue lip ever the few times i saw your car man
yeah man I just had them done not long ago, it's still not all that noticable like people may think..I should be in your neck of the woods soon!!!!

Old 08-27-2008, 11:53 PM
haha man i know im gonna spend some money event tho i really shouldnt when im trying to sell my car fawk it ive been looking at getting some works for a while and now that your selling them it seems like there is no excuse... like its meant to be or something plus there gonna look on my whip...what wheels are you rocking now?

Old 08-28-2008, 12:04 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
i really wanna see how these blue lips look? is there no way you can post pics or what?

Old 08-28-2008, 06:23 AM
work

is there anyway we can get rid off the paint? thats what i would like to know

Old 08-28-2008, 07:51 AM
pics.......................

Old 08-28-2008, 02:21 PM
The wheels are clean i have seen them personally here in Vegas and test fit them on my car to see if my drop would allow for an 11" rear but i would have to run too much neg camber to roll these so its my loss at that point to be as low as i am.

The blue lip situation looks identical to what you would see with a time attack pin stripe except instead of being done with a stick on stripe its been taped off and looks to have ben painted professionally with automotive paint and a gun. The meister's actually have a "Work Meister S1 blah blah sticker in the step lip area that is in blue so this painted edge flows with that nicely. These are priced to sell with such a hot item im surprised they arent gone yet.

As for the question of if the paint can be removed yes it absolutely can. Tape it off the same way they did to spray the paint on and use aircraft paint stripper to take the color off. After you will need to repolish the stripped area which with such a small area would be easy to do with a little Adams metal polish and elbow grease.

Old 08-28-2008, 03:20 PM
^^^thanks for vouching for them..... these puppies are mine once andre comes back to cali

Last edited by g35cali; 08-28-2008 at 11:46 PM.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by Dxplicitone
The wheels are clean i have seen them personally here in Vegas and test fit them on my car to see if my drop would allow for an 11" rear but i would have to run too much neg camber to roll these so its my loss at that point to be as low as i am.

The blue lip situation looks identical to what you would see with a time attack pin stripe except instead of being done with a stick on stripe its been taped off and looks to have ben painted professionally with automotive paint and a gun. The meister's actually have a "Work Meister S1 blah blah sticker in the step lip area that is in blue so this painted edge flows with that nicely. These are priced to sell with such a hot item im surprised they arent gone yet.

As for the question of if the paint can be removed yes it absolutely can. Tape it off the same way they did to spray the paint on and use aircraft paint stripper to take the color off. After you will need to repolish the stripped area which with such a small area would be easy to do with a little Adams metal polish and elbow grease.

Thanks Bro!!!

Old 08-28-2008, 08:52 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
ahhh i wish i had the money, 1900 is such a good price.

Old 08-29-2008, 02:56 AM
Originally Posted by Dxplicitone

The lips are not bare metal, but have a clear protective coat on them. If you sanded the paint off (and the clear coating underneath) you'd have an exposed section that would look different and respond to the elements differently. I wouldn't pass this off as a DIY job IMHO. If you wanted to do it right, you would break the wheels down and have a wheel shop coat them and put them back together properly. Best bet for the DIYer would prob be to sand the entire lip down to bare metal right up to the rivited part of the wheel and hope the contrast isn't too noticeable. Why did you end up painting them and not use vinyl for the color -- I would really like to see what these look like.

Old 08-29-2008, 02:07 PM
Originally Posted by phisig
The lips are not bare metal, but have a clear protective coat on them. If you sanded the paint off (and the clear coating underneath) you'd have an exposed section that would look different and respond to the elements differently. I wouldn't pass this off as a DIY job IMHO. If you wanted to do it right, you would break the wheels down and have a wheel shop coat them and put them back together properly. Best bet for the DIYer would prob be to sand the entire lip down to bare metal right up to the rivited part of the wheel and hope the contrast isn't too noticeable. Why did you end up painting them and not use vinyl for the color -- I would really like to see what these look like.

I have a mobile guy that I use and he's really good. Anyway he knows his stuff, he told me he couuld remove the thin strip of paint for $50 a wheel and that includeds clear coating..I had it painted because I didn't want the vinyl..in my opinion in looks great I will get pic soon...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Work S1's 19x11 +17