Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Amp wiring kit, how much extra would I be paying for this?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 01:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amp wiring kit, how much extra would I be paying for this?

SoundStream wiring kit, How much extra am I paying for the Soundstream name if I get it on ebay for $219 + Shipping. I want to install two amps, one for my components and one for the sub.

SK0/4CAP
0/4 guage amp kit for 2 amp systems

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.2 farad capacitor
Power Plant
Battery clamp terminals
RCA cables
Power cables
Ground cables
Speaker cables Remote cables
Fuse holder
ANL fuses
Distribution block
Ring terminals
Complete accessories
Fuse block w/digital amp/DVC meter

Old 06-02-2006, 02:59 AM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
First of all, the capacitor isn't necessary, if you do some research on the car audio forums, you'll discover they don't fix anything, so purchase a kit without a capacitor and save your money. Wire is wire pretty much also, so a name brand is just a waste of money. Many people recommend buying from knukonceptz.com, which make good kits for the money. You can spend half as much on a kit that you would for the soundstream kit, and get at least the same quality of wire.

Old 06-02-2006, 08:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wire is not just wire and they are all no the same! Cheap wires and bad grounds are 2 things that people mess up the most when installing systems! There is debate on capacitors, but a 1.2 farad cap isn't big enough for 3 amps anyways. I would look for another kit.

Originally Posted by redlude97
First of all, the capacitor isn't necessary, if you do some research on the car audio forums, you'll discover they don't fix anything, so purchase a kit without a capacitor and save your money. Wire is wire pretty much also, so a name brand is just a waste of money. Many people recommend buying from knukonceptz.com, which make good kits for the money. You can spend half as much on a kit that you would for the soundstream kit, and get at least the same quality of wire.

Old 06-02-2006, 12:15 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
What I meant is that you won't be able to tell the difference between 2 brands of quality wire, If you have 2 different brands of OFC 0 guage, you won't know the difference. I'd put KnuKonceptz wire up against just about any other brand of wire, its quality stuff