Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Where can I buy DLS equipment?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 05:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where can I buy DLS equipment?

I don't have any dealers near me, and I can't seem to get anyone to respond on this board who have helped people in the past. And I"m not comfortable buying them from the internet. Any suggestions?

Old 06-09-2006, 05:35 PM
el_duderino is a dealer who hangs out on this board but he gets pretty busy and hasn't been on as much lately. His website is www.avincar.com. You could try the direct method and call him.

Old 06-09-2006, 05:55 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Dude, I've been buried, but call the store and we can talk. Number's on the website.

Old 06-09-2006, 08:30 PM
avincar.com is where I got my DLS stuff

Old 06-09-2006, 08:51 PM
You can give us a call or e-mail anytime. We exclusively use DLS and Dynaudio Speakers. We have used each of their higher end component sets in clients vehicles in 2-way and 3 -way configuarions

Old 06-10-2006, 12:10 AM
hey jmlaudio and elduderino,
i was wondering if you guys have ever installed a pair of DLS UP6 and some coaxials rear fills using the RA40? i currently have that config but my gain on the amp is turned to the max and the sound in my car isnt unbelievably loud or anything, my gain is at max and so is my volume control on the stock HU... although DLS are more for SQ but the SQ now isnt THAT great either..will check the phase in a bit. (btw, how do u check the phase on the tweeters? is the wire that has a stripe on it generally positive?, i cant distinguish +/- on the tweeter).... Was wondering if this amp is underpowered for this config, i know a lot of ppl just went w/ the R20 to power the UP6's instead. Maybe it just needs a little bit of tuning? Any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks.

Old 06-10-2006, 12:13 AM
shellbmb, sorry for jacking the thread...although i think you got the contacts from elduderino and jmlaudio....

Old 06-10-2006, 11:59 AM
Originally Posted by dukieman23
hey jmlaudio and elduderino,
i was wondering if you guys have ever installed a pair of DLS UP6 and some coaxials rear fills using the RA40? i currently have that config but my gain on the amp is turned to the max and the sound in my car isnt unbelievably loud or anything, my gain is at max and so is my volume control on the stock HU... although DLS are more for SQ but the SQ now isnt THAT great either..will check the phase in a bit. (btw, how do u check the phase on the tweeters? is the wire that has a stripe on it generally positive?, i cant distinguish +/- on the tweeter).... Was wondering if this amp is underpowered for this config, i know a lot of ppl just went w/ the R20 to power the UP6's instead. Maybe it just needs a little bit of tuning? Any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks.
We use the red stripe for positive.

The amp is not underpowered for those speakers...geeman has that exact setup in his G. Is your HU the Bose? Is it tied in directly or with an LOC? Are you using the RCA in or the speaker level plugs?

Old 06-10-2006, 12:48 PM
yeah my HU is the bose, i have the premium....i hked it up w/ no LOC, just used the speaker level plug that came w/ it. hmm maaaaybe my connection isnt that clean? was thinking of using a pair of RCA's instead just to test it out...

Old 06-10-2006, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by dukieman23
yeah my HU is the bose, i have the premium....i hked it up w/ no LOC, just used the speaker level plug that came w/ it. hmm maaaaybe my connection isnt that clean? was thinking of using a pair of RCA's instead just to test it out...
No, here's your goof

You used the speaker level plug that came with it. That is for speaker level outputs and basically has a series resistor network on the other side(sapping signal). It's NOT the same as the RCA inputs.

If you grabbed the preamp connection in between the Bose HU and the Bose amp, that's NOT a speaker wire signal, and that's why you are having this problem.

What you need to do is re-read amthar's posts on how he did this, but a cheap TWISTED-PAIR RCA cable cut in half and stripped on one side and plugged into the RCAs of the RA-40 will solve your problem

Small possibility that you will need a balanced to RCA adapter, but I don't think so.

Old 06-10-2006, 04:19 PM
thanks elduderino, i'll try it this wkend...i just needa find a pair of twisted pair RCA that is easy to splice, i recently cut open a monster cable rca i had laying around, that thing was waaaaaay too thin to do any splicing. anyways hopefully it will work.....thanks!

Old 06-10-2006, 04:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I used inxos... or was is inoxs.... I bought em from el_dude

Old 06-10-2006, 10:34 PM
In order to properly check speaker polarity in the car environment you need a speaker polarity tester. Even if you connect all the + labeled wires to the + speaker labeled terminals and the same for the negative there are a number of things that can invert the signal to the tweeter, midbass, or both. Some of these things include the amplifier internals, and especially in a component set situation the passive crossover modules. Don't ever think that because you matched the labels it's right, many times that is simply not the case. We have had dozens of clients come in from other shops all around the country only to learn that whoever installed there system did not have all the proper instermintation. Some examples including speaker polarity are spoken about in the link below. Thank you for the question.

http://www.jmlaudio.com/jml%20audio%20advantage.htm

Last edited by jmlaudio; 06-10-2006 at 10:37 PM.
Old 06-11-2006, 10:25 PM
Bump for response from eldude!!!

Originally Posted by jmlaudio
In order to properly check speaker polarity in the car environment you need a speaker polarity tester. Even if you connect all the + labeled wires to the + speaker labeled terminals and the same for the negative there are a number of things that can invert the signal to the tweeter, midbass, or both. Some of these things include the amplifier internals, and especially in a component set situation the passive crossover modules. Don't ever think that because you matched the labels it's right, many times that is simply not the case. We have had dozens of clients come in from other shops all around the country only to learn that whoever installed there system did not have all the proper instermintation. Some examples including speaker polarity are spoken about in the link below. Thank you for the question.

http://www.jmlaudio.com/jml%20audio%20advantage.htm

Old 06-11-2006, 10:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by optimystic06
Bump for response from eldude!!!
did you just feel like bumping threads tonight or something? what does he need to reply on? nothing as far as I can tell..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Where can I buy DLS equipment?