Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

newest G35 install done :) pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 10:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damnnnn that trunk set up look niceeee .... good job

Old 06-26-2006, 11:34 PM
Can't wait till Bing does mine. Bing man give me a shout

Old 06-27-2006, 01:21 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
San Jose huh? Shoot, that would be a long drive for me!! I'm in Fremont! Gosh, that would take about 20min.

We are definately going to be talking soon. I would like to get a set up like this going for my G. I am saving money as we speak. I already have some very high end SPX Alpine components that are about 3 years old, but totally unused. I have an Audiobahn 12" sub, and I think I have a rockford amp sitting around somewhere. I will need some rears, an amp to power the set up, some expert worksmanship, and I would like to include this.

http://www.alpine-usa.com/images/pro...s/iva-w200.jpg

PM me for a possible quote or what you might think.

Old 06-27-2006, 10:59 AM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
alpine spx is fine, so is the iva w200, be a real shame to use audiobahn in the mix of good equipnent like this, and hte RF amp, all depends on whcih model it is

just PM me

b

Old 06-27-2006, 08:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 16psibrick
alpine spx is fine, so is the iva w200, be a real shame to use audiobahn in the mix of good equipnent like this, and hte RF amp, all depends on whcih model it is

just PM me

b

Definately going to PM you later. Ya I know the AB sub is a piece, not to mention the RF amp. If anything, I would like the clean sound that an Alpine amp would provide as well as whatever sub produces clean, deep lows. I used to have a Kenwood amp with a Polk DX sub back in high school and that was plenty for me. Most people thought I had two 12"s, but when they saw the one box, they were surprised.

I was always more interested in playing a song the way it was meant to be played, rather than extorting the highs or the lows to an extreme extent.

I have confidence you will be able to help me.

Talk to you soon.

Old 06-27-2006, 08:26 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by spirogyro
I like what you've done in the trunk, but I'm really not liking the fact that you put the tweets and mids under the dash. IMO, highs don't travel as far as lows do. They can also be blocked easily. I would have mounted them elsewhere where they are directly pointed to the people in the car. That would of been more balanced.
the biggest reason for kick panels are because it equals the difference between the speakers and the ear. the stock locationshas a distance of about 2.5-3 ft to the left ear and closer to 4.5ft to the right ear. with the kick panels it evens the distance to about 4-4.5ft each.

you wouldn't put your home theater speakers (L&R) unequal distances, suck as the left one next to the tv and the right one 5 feet away to the right?

like the others said, fins a car set up like this and you will hear the difference.
(i used to install for circuit city car and home audio)

Old 06-27-2006, 10:20 PM
thanks for that back up

also, hoestly, in no way shape or form does this sound like the sound is coming from your foot area... the stage is nice and high at eye level

drive elite, sure, i will hook you up you are welcome to come down whenever you are free and come take a listen to my car

b

Old 06-28-2006, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by 16psibrick
haha, i love DC, used to go down tehre all the time to chill with my freinds...had my business in pittsburgh PA for a while...

funny thing is, i am being flown to NYC early next month to do a full install on a g35 so yeah, i do travel...PM me if you wanna talk more hehe
b
how bout extending your trip a few days to do another one? (or maybe work on 2 cars concurrently?) would make the trip to NYC 2x worth your while :-)

i love the clean, simple style that you utilize in all of your installs. i'm looking to do an install like this but with only 1 woofer and everything flushed into trim panels with factory match vinyl, and mats to cover it all for daily driving... my goal is to incorporate 2 amps (sub and full range), 1 woofer, and as much useable trunk space as possible and retain use of the spare. tall order i know!

anyways, i doubt you'd be interested in doing a second car while you're out here, but PM me if you are... i would need some gear from you too

Old 06-28-2006, 09:11 PM
i wish i can, the issue is i have cars lined up until late august, meaning i dont have an extra day to spare iw ill PM you though

but i can always make a return trip, got plenty of family and freinds in NYC...the main issue is obviously space, the customer thats flying me down has a place and the right tools to do the job, if you somehow have a garage, table saw, air compressor and space, then its possible

b

Old 06-29-2006, 12:16 AM
Great setup! Good job! How did you setup your NAV for the white background? I didn't see a setting for that and just have the black background. I probably missed something.

Old 06-29-2006, 09:58 AM
Originally Posted by Bryant
Great setup! Good job! How did you setup your NAV for the white background? I didn't see a setting for that and just have the black background. I probably missed something.
on the navigation unit there is a button that says "D/N" which means "Day/Night".... if you hit it to make the screen white, then when you turn your headlights on it should go to black, then back to white when the headlights are off

Old 06-29-2006, 10:59 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
That is hot man, im loving the stealth aspect of it.