Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Another iPod Install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 11:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally in:

Used some sticky-back felt liner to put in the tray:

Hope you enjoyed! The RCA + 12V adapter is really nice. It's great b/c you only connect through the dock connector. I left it loose to take the iPod in and out. Still trying to get the "charging/power" issues ironed out, but the sound is great!!!!

Thanks bradakrez and Real_G!

Old 06-27-2006, 12:25 AM
Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
great job!!!

how do u like the sound???....is it distorted with that adapter you have??? or is it pretty clean.....i havent had any problems with mine....but was just wondering...

Old 06-27-2006, 12:35 AM
Sound is very clean. Sound only comes out when the SAT has signal...same for you?

Old 06-27-2006, 07:42 AM
Ah ha! Noticed when driving to work this morning that I'm getting noise with engine revving. I figure it might be from the ground wire or where the wires are running. When playing music, it's not that noticeable, but it will bother me if I don't fix it. Any thoughts?

Old 06-27-2006, 11:55 AM
yup..the sound only comes out when there is a sat signal....but only in the beginning....once the ipod signal is picked up ...even if you're under a bridge or where no sat is available, the ipod should still go through.....

Old 06-27-2006, 08:08 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by AlphaG35
Ah ha! Noticed when driving to work this morning that I'm getting noise with engine revving. I figure it might be from the ground wire or where the wires are running. When playing music, it's not that noticeable, but it will bother me if I don't fix it. Any thoughts?

I have the same PAC setup, but I have a mini to rca cable instead of the ipod dock cable. I get the same engine noise, so if I was a betting man, I would say the problem is in the PAC. I have tried moving it, but that didn't have any affect. I called the radio shop that installed it, and they tried to tell me it was normal due to the low voltage of our stereos (I don't buy that). If you figure out how to get rid of it, please post it so I can fix mine too. I also noticed that when I used my IPOD the noise was louder than when I use my giagbeat (Toshiba). Don't know why, maybe the IPOD put out more power/noise or something.

Old 06-28-2006, 05:28 PM
The engine noise was just a grounding issue. It's now gone, but I'll explain why.

Over the past 2 days, I have gone through 3 iPods for some strange reason (luckily I bought the 3yr service plan!). I installed everything and couldn't get power. I took it to a car audio shop and they re-grounded it, but then fried the iPod when they hooked it up. I got a new one and came back to the shop. They re-wired everything and fried another iPod. Got another one, had the shop remove everything and re-install it the way they would do it from scratch - fried the 3rd iPod. Finally, I told them to just wire for sound and forget the charging capability. Now, no problems - sounds great without any engine noise. Though I have no power charging through this setup, I don't drive anywhere long enough to worry about it. I will charge at home or use the old car charger when I need to. David Navone can't figure it out either (the guy who sold me the RCA/Power adapter). Oh well...I'm happy now!

Old 06-28-2006, 08:05 PM
dude...sorry to hear that it doesnt charge but.....im happy there's sound!!!....