Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

random alarm triggering

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 07:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Add another one to the list, my alarm has just recently started to randomly go off too.. I've searched a few times, and I still haven't found any information on how to disable the hood pin sensor. For anyone that has done it or knows how to, can you please help us out?

Old 06-07-2010, 08:16 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
What year is your G? The older ones have a plunger switch on the passenger strut tower. The newer ones have a switch built in to the hood latch.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:19 PM
Me personally, I have a 2007.. I would hate to take away from the OP's tread.. if you could PM me with some details, I would greatly appreciate it (and so would my neighbors at 3am).

Maybe it would be more beneficial to post any help in this thread so it can be easily found through the forum's search function too.

Thanks for any help!

Old 06-07-2010, 08:21 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Is it a coupe or a sedan?

Old 06-07-2010, 08:22 PM
sorry.. forgot that part..

2007 MT Coupe

Old 06-08-2010, 02:31 AM
haha mines doing this too..
it was doing it wen it was parked outside and keys were on counter..
parked it in garage and it did it again..
anyone get it worked out? thanks a ton

Old 06-08-2010, 10:12 PM
yea i had the same thing happen and all i did was

disconnected the battery over night and it stopped

Old 06-14-2010, 03:44 PM
It has been a while, but I wanted to shed some light on my original issue. What had happened was that I was in a collision prior to sensor issues, and the shop that had fixed my car took everything out and put everything back in, after a couple months into the problem i actually ended up leaving the doors unlocked to prevent the cops from being called on me, that had the side effect of getting stuff stolen from my car.

i took the car back to the shop, they looked it over and found nothing wrong, so then i took it to the dealer and had them test all sorts of things, but they found nothing.

finally the shop was able to determine that it was the solenoid or something was inverted and that was causing the issue. so it got fixed.

Old 07-19-2010, 07:53 PM
I have a 2003 sedan and my alarm would go off randomly as well. It would happen anywhere. Learned that it was the hood pin switch for the alarm, like #KPierson pointed out. i simply unplugged it. The pin switch on my car was on the passenger side. it's black. I haven't had my alarm accidentally go off for months now.

Old 03-13-2011, 07:40 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Old thread but maybe some one can help me. I've been having this problem for a week now, and with my hellatones, I've definitely been annoying the neighbors. I disconnect a black plug on the passenger side crash bar thinking it was the hood pin switch. Turns out that was the sensor for the temperature gauge.Can anybody tell me specifically where the hood pin plug is? Is it in the engine bay?

Old 03-13-2011, 07:51 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
nevermind. i'm an idiot lol

The following users liked this post:
Captain Supreme Sausage (12-19-2012)
Old 09-12-2011, 11:42 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I had this problem recently as well. I replaced the battery in my key fob and it hasnt happened since. (keeping fingers crossed). Not sure why it seemingly fixed the problem, but it hasnt happened in a few weeks, whereas it happened twice a week or so before...just food for thought.

Old 09-13-2011, 12:11 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had this problem, unplugged the hood pin and hasn't happened since. I think I may order a new one next time I'm at the dealer.

Old 09-30-2011, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by WhosRich
Old thread but maybe some one can help me. I've been having this problem for a week now, and with my hellatones, I've definitely been annoying the neighbors. I disconnect a black plug on the passenger side crash bar thinking it was the hood pin switch. Turns out that was the sensor for the temperature gauge.Can anybody tell me specifically where the hood pin plug is? Is it in the engine bay?
did you find the location?

Old 09-22-2012, 05:52 PM
G35 coupe doing the same thing. It's becoming a nightmare as it keeps going off unpredictably whether day or night, the latter of which I'm sure is pissing my neighbors off while also ruining my sleep.

I've seen several mentionings of the hood pin, how do I go about disabling it to test if that's causing the issue? Could it be caused by a low battery?

Thanks for the help fellas, this is driving me nuts. Hopefully the fact that this is old topic can be definitively put to rest.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: random alarm triggering