Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Navigation/Satellite Rooftop Antenna came off!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 12:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Navigation/Satellite Rooftop Antenna came off!

was washing the car today, and when drying, the cloth caugth the antenna lightly and came off! Underneath, four magnets hold the antenna to the top of the car. I was surprised to see that its just stuck on there like that. The glue on each of the four magnets had weakened so three of the magnets had remained affixed to the paint while the antenna broke free.

The black rubber cover for the wire is also loose. there is a bunch of dirt under there. The magnets were hard to take off the paint, and scratched it like a mother when i tried to get them off.

Anyone else have this issue? what did you do to resolve it...seems like water pools up under there and weakens the glue. Its only been 2 yrs!

Old 07-12-2006, 10:55 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
if you got the sat installed from the dealership...take it in and they should replace the entire antenna under warranty.

Old 07-13-2006, 02:11 PM
Actually, i purchased the car used, but the satellite radio was a dealer option listed on the window sticker.

anyone else have any experience with this issue? I want them to replace the whole thing, but the rubber chase covering the wire leading to the antenna is also coming off.

Old 07-13-2006, 02:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Actually, i purchased the car used, but the satellite radio was a dealer option listed on the window sticker.
i would expect that to be covered by the warranty.

Old 07-14-2006, 01:58 PM
To clarify the antenna is only for the satellite radio. The navi antenna is actually on the dash looking up through the windshield.

This issue should be covered by warranty. Otherwise you could use the opportunity to get a new antenna and put it on your rear-deck.

Old 07-22-2006, 12:35 PM
Well I just came back from the dealer last night, and they told me they would not replace the antenna under warranty since its not an Infiniti supplied unit. Even though I bought the car used, it still had the original new car window sticker in the glove box. On there, XM satellite radio is one of the installed options from the factory. Why did my car come with a freak antenna? Does anyone have any pictures of their antenna. Mine is black plastic and says "XM" on it. The magnets underneath have come off the unit and are scratching the hell outta the paint. the guy siad that i would hvae to get the entire roof repainted. I'm really upset. Any advice? I called Infiniti Customer Affairs and the useless person who answered was questioning me about why I still hvae the window sticker from when it was new. I guess she's just pissed off that it supports my argument and not hers. I asked her to stay on subject and she kept asking me, "Who keeps their window sticker after all?"
Any advice? thanks