Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

I thought this was funny from the Bose website.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 12:37 AM
Received 167 Likes on 147 Posts
I am not saying "Bose" blows...I just think their Infiniti system sucks. Although I can not entirely blame them it is probably Infiniti's fault as well...but, the fact that they would not provide a customer with the specs for their system is just plain stupid.

Old 07-17-2006, 05:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone who really thinks that BOSE makes good products really owes it to themselves to go to a forum like avsforum.com and read up, or go to a real home theater store and audition something like B&W's. There are such better products out there for the money.

Old 07-18-2006, 10:15 PM
Review of Bose system in new G35

For the sake of full disclosure, I work for Bose.

The new G35 should have a decent Bose audio system.

http://stereophile.com/news/071706infiniti

Old 07-24-2006, 07:27 PM
It's all in the eye of the beholder. If you are a person that considers yourself an audiophile you will no doubt think the Bose system is no good. If you think the stock sound system in your minivan is great you will probably think the Bose rocks. Here is something pretty interesting. I recently installed an AVIC-D2 in my ride. I had them just run it through the stock amp and speakers for the time being because I plan on building something truely impressive when I get the cash. I thought I was going to get absolutely no gain in sound quality since I was still using the stock system except for the head unit. To my surprise the Pioneer unit sounds waaaay cleaner than the Bose unit. The treble is far more defined and the bass is kicked up quite a bit. It was no doubt a huge upgrade to the stock system. This really made me think. Is the Bose equipent really that bad or is Pioneer really that good?

Old 07-24-2006, 10:20 PM
Bose doesn't make the radio/headunit

Originally Posted by G Money
(snip) Here is something pretty interesting. I recently installed an AVIC-D2 in my ride. I had them just run it through the stock amp and speakers for the time being because I plan on building something truely impressive when I get the cash. I thought I was going to get absolutely no gain in sound quality since I was still using the stock system except for the head unit. To my surprise the Pioneer unit sounds waaaay cleaner than the Bose unit. The treble is far more defined and the bass is kicked up quite a bit. It was no doubt a huge upgrade to the stock system. This really made me think. Is the Bose equipent really that bad or is Pioneer really that good?
The headunit is not from Bose. The OEM choses to source the headunit from a variety of suppliers, based on some formula which considers price, features, performance, reliability, etc. Bose is simply informed that they have to work with the chosen headunit supplier.

John Feng

Old 07-25-2006, 01:46 AM
Originally Posted by feng
The headunit is not from Bose. The OEM choses to source the headunit from a variety of suppliers, based on some formula which considers price, features, performance, reliability, etc. Bose is simply informed that they have to work with the chosen headunit supplier.

John Feng
there was a big thread about this a while back here on Driver. the headunit is actually a Clarion unit IIRC. according to this particular thread, the door speakers are actually OEM Nissan as well, and only the 6x9 rears and amp are Bose manufactured. i gotta see if i can dig up a link to it

Old 07-25-2006, 11:24 AM
Originally Posted by SI_G35Coupe
there was a big thread about this a while back here on Driver. the headunit is actually a Clarion unit IIRC. according to this particular thread, the door speakers are actually OEM Nissan as well, and only the 6x9 rears and amp are Bose manufactured. i gotta see if i can dig up a link to it
The 6.5" door speakers are from Bose.

John Feng