Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

05 Navigation Problems.Please Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 06:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 05 Navigation Problems.Please Help

Hey guys,

Wonder if someone can help me out. I have a 05 coupe with about 16,xxx miles on it. The only thing I added to it was the USA PAC Ipod adaptor. Until recenlty the navigation was working fine.

Recenlty its been acting up and was wondering if any of you have experienced the same problems. All of sudden the enter button does not work when the screen pops up. It just sits there at the "I agree screen". None of the other buttons work either. When it does work the map goes haywire. The Navi is not following the car anymore and the hairpin cursor comes on and you cant do anything. You can't even push the map button to get back. If you leave it for awhile it then seems to work again, but then it just goes haywire again.

So anyways I took it to Infiniti and they replaced the whole thing because of warrenty but as soon as I drove it started up again. I took right back and they fixed it again. Everything was fine when i picked it up but the service guy was saying it was the possibly the "Ipod connection" that was causing interfernce with the Navi??? I was like WTF???? Anyway it was working so I just took it home. 2 days later and the **** is acting up again!!!! So fustrating!!! I know if I go back the dealer is going to blame the Ipod. Thats complete BS!!!

Anyways sorry for the long rant but has anyone heard of this problem??? I know it is not the Ipod connection, thats just an excuse for the dealer. I cant believe that an Ipod convertor would cause interference to the navi. I mean that would pretty bad for a 40K car. Any thougts or input guys.

Thanks.

Old 07-17-2006, 11:32 AM
Any mod is going to be blamed when its close to the problem area they can't figure out. Honestly, just pull out the PAC and take it back to the dealer or even another dealer. They are probably only repalcing the "easy" parts of the navi. Such as the DVD reader; it sounds like the control panel needs to be replaced...

Old 07-17-2006, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the info. Its just a pain to take the PAC out, currently its working but once in awhile it starts to act up again. They did replace the screen and they said they did replave the DVD player. Ill wait a couple days i guess. Thanks again.