Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nav and tunnels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 12:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nav and tunnels

I was recently going to Boston and had entered my destination and while going throught the "big dig" and tunnels, my nav did not work well and could not tell me to take the correct exit which was in the tunnel. Is this a common problem? or is my nav not working correctly?

ps- i have other nav issues.... for one, it will not give me a proper route to VA (from CT). it consistently sends me 150+ miles out of my way through PA. I know the correct way (mostly) so I did not go to PA but... The dealership has no idea how to fix this issue, even after two new units, new antenna etc.
thanks,

Old 07-28-2006, 12:35 PM
Received 384 Likes on 196 Posts
The central artery project has recently been completed (in terms of opening / closing of ramps).

It will take a little for maps and nav to be updated.

In regards to sending you to PA, it's simply the algorithm it uses, combined with the data it has for roads. You may know that highway X is more direct, but if it calculates that Z is faster because of posted speed limits, it will direct you that way.

One of the main reasons I am getting the Z1 rather than any other unit is that it learns how you drive, where you drive, and such, to make better decisions.

Old 07-28-2006, 12:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You Nav System Uses The Satellite Signals And The Tunnels Might Cause Interference, Especially With All Of The Metal Braces/supports In There. As Far As The Improper Route, Map Updating Could Be An Issue (have Some Here In Dallas) But The Shortest Route/quickest Route/avoiding Hwys/time Restricted Roads Should Be Properly Selected. Have You Checked All Of Your Settings? Maybe Something Is Checked/unchecked. Other Than That, I Have No Idea. Keep Nagging The Dealer Or Dealers About It. Never Heard Of That Problem Before.