Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cd Err Fo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 11:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cd Err Fo

I know many of you had gotten the infamous CD ERR FO and felt like crap after getting it. I had gotten this over the weekend from a cd that was also a DVD. I have a stock HU and i accidentally put the disk in on the dvd side so thats what created the error. Well after hours of trying to get it out and searching the site for CD ERR FO and coming up with 2 solutions that didnt work: Holding the eject button in and unplugging the batter for atleast 30 seconds to reset the HU. Then after reading that I would have to take it in to the dealer and get it serviced, which isnt a problem since im under warranty, its the the wait or if they cant do it today then the separation anxiety from my G would be more than I could handle. After bitching about the error message to everyone and then goign to my parents house and teling them about it. Without knowing my mom goes into my car and gets the cd's out within 30 seconds. She comes into the house and hands me the CDs. The look on my face was classic. I asked what the hell did you do to get them out....She said I held the eject button and with another cd i poked the disk that was in the player and they all came out. I was like wha????? I asked if she pushed down on the cd and she said no she just went straight in and try tappin the cd that was spinning when the eject button was pushed and it came out. I asked her how she come up with doing that? She says it happens to her all the time in her van and thats how she gets them out.

This is for all the people who got the CD ERR FO message. So you wont have to take it to the dealer with out without a warranty. This is especially for people without the warranty, im sure you could use the 350 they would charge you to fix the HU.

Thanks and Thanks mom!
hahahaha wouldve never thought my om would fix my car...gotta love moms

Old 08-07-2006, 12:49 PM
Evil Bastard
pics?

Old 08-07-2006, 01:10 PM
Can't wait to go home and try this tonight! I've been waiting on a backordered HU for weeks!

Old 08-07-2006, 02:50 PM
Pic Of What? The Steps? Just Hold Eject Button Till You Hear A Noise From Within The Hu And Poke At The Cd In The Hu With Another Cd And They All Will Come Out.

Old 08-07-2006, 04:57 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Good discovery, r15k.......certainly worth a try next time we get stuck...
C.

Old 08-08-2006, 10:32 AM
thanx, it will save time getting that thing repaired and money...300+ maybe a sticky for a week or 2 just incase people have this problem?

Old 08-08-2006, 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by vt_maverick
Can't wait to go home and try this tonight! I've been waiting on a backordered HU for weeks!
Tried this out and no dice. Guess it's back to the waiting game on a new HU.

Old 08-08-2006, 11:45 AM
dont give up....this works. you just got to hit it just right...

Old 08-08-2006, 12:17 PM
Maybe... but the CD isn't even spinning to begin with, which is something you mentioned in your original post.

Old 08-08-2006, 12:20 PM
you turn the car off, turn the car on or to ACC and right when the radio lights up hit the eject button you should hear it spin.

Old 08-10-2006, 02:47 AM
Angry Dang it!

I just took mine in to the dealer for this problem day before yesterday!!! They said they had to send the cd changing unit to the manufacturer, then they would get the cd's out and send them back...sure...I'm not too sure I'm ever going to see those cd's again.

Wish I could have tried this fix.

Old 08-10-2006, 12:59 PM
it didnt work for me either...

Old 08-14-2006, 10:51 AM
Im sorry that it hasnt worked for you all. I would try n duplicate it and put it on video but i dont want it to be really be stuck and then i gotta take it in and wait a few weeks for the HU and the cds to come back to me. ;(

Old 08-14-2006, 09:29 PM
Had the same problem with a CD/DVD on our G. Tried messing with the stuck CD with another CD, like you mom did. Then I just left it for a couple days.

So a couple days later I got in the G, turned on the CS player, and was listening to CD #6 ( my player would still play the CD's sometimes), I hit eject and 6, then down the line to where the stuck CD was, #1. When I got to it I just pushed eject, selected #1 and out it came.

Im sure poking at it like you mom did got it to at least go back in, although it wouldnt play. But it allowed me to start ejecting from 6 on down and out it came.

Old 06-12-2007, 02:59 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
She said I held the eject button and with another cd i poked the disk that was in the player and they all came out. I was like wha????? I asked if she pushed down on the cd and she said no she just went straight in and try tappin the cd that was spinning when the eject button was pushed and it came out. I asked her how she come up with doing that? She says it happens to her all the time in her van and thats how she gets them out.

This is for all the people who got the CD ERR FO message. So you wont have to take it to the dealer with out without a warranty. This is especially for people without the warranty, im sure you could use the 350 they would charge you to fix the HU.

I am not calling you or mom a liar, but this is for a "CD ERR FO" in Infinity Cars with the 6 disc Bose HU???

Just so we are clear here she holds down the EJECT button and taps the CD in the carriage with another CD and all 6 eject?

I am gonna try it cause I am desperate, but it really does not sound possible!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cd Err Fo