Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

anyone here with a jl 1000/1 + jl 450/4 or similar setup?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 09:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
anyone here with a jl 1000/1 + jl 450/4 or similar setup?

I'm currently running jl 500/1 and a jl 300/4 in my car with a 10w7 and a set of components up front...

I'm experiencing jerkiness in my car's shifting under heavy loads of bass when i have my system on. My gains are all set accordingly and properly, about 1/4 way up on all amps...

However I plan on upgrading to a jl 1000/1, jl 450/4... but i don't even think my car electrical system will be able to handle it, since it cant even handle what i have now...

I'm trying to figure out whats the cause of my car's jerky response when it shifts, not sure if its my battery. I ran a test on it with a digital multimeter to see how many volts it runs at with the car on and system off... it shows about 13.8v - 13.9v

I know a few of you here are running jl 1000/1 + jl 450/4 combos or something similar. My question is, how are you guys running these monster amps in your car and not experiencing the same problems as me? Perhaps a 5AT uses more power than a 6MT since there's more electronical stuff involved? Even so, I wouldn't think it would make that much of a difference.

I'd appreciate any advice on what to do... I posted another thread earlier about possibly getting my stock alternator replaced with a more powerful one, or finding someone who can rebuild it, but out of luck for either one. That was my only and last resort. I really don't know what to do now. It really is dissappointing when you can't even enjoy your music loud while you're driving due to this... I had a similar setup in my old integra, which was using more powerful amps, and I never ran into this car jerking problem. This has been bugging me for a long time now. I just never took the time to really find out what was wrong with my car.