Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Elemental Design (11OV.2) and 4080 box

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 10:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Elemental Design (11OV.2) and 4080 box

Is anyone running this set up in their coupe? I'm just looking for some reviews and to verify that the ED sub fits in the 4080 box.

TIA

Old 08-17-2006, 11:04 AM
i've got two 11ov.2s but i am running them in a dual zEnclosure. I can give a review.

I am satisfied with the speakers... they get loud and they handle the 1200 watts im throwing at them without a problem.

BUT....

I had issues with one of the drivers. The surround was not completely glued down and I had to re-glue the surround to fix. This fixed the issue and the speakers sound fine now, but this is a problem that should have been caught by QA and just wasnt. I wasnt that thrilled that I had to do this but i think I got lucky that the fix was so simple.

You get what you pay for. The 11ov2s are a great deal for what you pay, but I felt that this issue should have been caught. If you dont feel comfortable with DIY repairs then consider this before buying ED equipment. I couldnt be happier with their amps but I wouldnt go with their loudspeakers again due to this.

Old 08-17-2006, 11:15 AM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
being a Ed dealer, i can say that their stuff is pretty good, great if you consider the price...as far as issues like surround coming unglued, in my years of selling stuff, i have seen soo many manufactueres with issues like this from time to time its not even funny...

just to mention a few:mtx, xtant, jl, kicker, even Morel!

things happen from time to time...i personallyhavent experience a higher failure rate wtih Ed's stuff than most of the other major brands i have dealt with over the years.

the 11ov is a good sub, can take a lot of power and get loud. my only comment is that in order to get the most super low bass out of it, you would want ti place it in the largest size recommended by Ed.

thismeans the 4080 box acutaly is a better box for the 11ov than the zen enclosure

Old 08-17-2006, 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by 16psibrick
being a Ed dealer, i can say that their stuff is pretty good, great if you consider the price...as far as issues like surround coming unglued, in my years of selling stuff, i have seen soo many manufactueres with issues like this from time to time its not even funny...

just to mention a few:mtx, xtant, jl, kicker, even Morel!

things happen from time to time...i personallyhavent experience a higher failure rate wtih Ed's stuff than most of the other major brands i have dealt with over the years.

the 11ov is a good sub, can take a lot of power and get loud. my only comment is that in order to get the most super low bass out of it, you would want ti place it in the largest size recommended by Ed.

thismeans the 4080 box acutaly is a better box for the 11ov than the zen enclosure

this post helps me a ton. because I want to use the 4080 box for the install. I am also most likely going with their Nine.1 amp to run the sub.

I appreciate it.