Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Best upgrade for the Bose hands down.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2004, 08:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Best upgrade for the Bose hands down.

What would you guys think of the following? Running an audio control eqs to get highs out of the bose and also supply signal to a infinity basslink powered sub keeping the bose amp for everything else? I'm curious if this would give the Bose the highs and lows that seem to be missing yet keep it as stock as possible.

163112-ehren01.gif

Old 01-03-2004, 10:15 AM

koni, hope you don't mind me asking, but how much did the EQ run you? and the install?

Old 01-03-2004, 12:37 PM

I know you didn' t ask me, but I got a used AudioControl EQ off of Ebay. Cost $80...works great. Highly recommended.

"God, Schmod, I want my monkey man!!"
------
Craig Ramseur
G35C/BlkOb/Graphite/5AT/17"
Phoenix Gold/Focal/AudioControlEQ/Basslink
Z-Xtreme Wires/Alum Pedals

Old 01-04-2004, 01:46 AM

Nice info here, I think the EQS is how I'm going to start with my car audio project. I love that it has multiple INPUT zones so I can finally use the fricken' head unit's fader control (been a pet peeve with every system I've built thus far). With the bose/clarion system I'm convinced that the TREble function on the head unit is *broken* (changing above 0 results in an almost no change), and that an EQ is going to be necessary to get treble response.

Ehren, the problem with that diagram is that I'm pretty sure the EQS outputs RCA only, which the Bose amp is probably not going to accept.

Which brings me to my next question, if you are in fact connecting BEFORE the BOSE amp (which I'm most likely going to remove altogether), are you still connecting the output of the head unit to the speaker-level inputs? From the way the documentation reads the unit accomodates a wide variety on its speaker-level inputs so I assume that would work, but I'm curious if that's what you're doing.

Old 01-04-2004, 06:31 PM

AH... unless I'm wrong. the head unit outputs line level, that goes to the line level in of the of the EQS and line level out to the line level in of the bose amp. Any adapter to plug types will be apart of the install.

Old 04-26-2004, 06:06 PM
WAR

Know this thread is old but still very helpful. I am a complete novice at this and was wondering how did you run power to the EQ and the amp? Did you come off of the exisitng Bose power line to the EQ and AMP or did you run addtional power to the battery?

Old 04-26-2004, 06:23 PM

He would have run power from the battery back to the trunk, esp for an amp.
There are threads talking about the various sizes of power wire to run, but a good place to start is 8 gauge or bigger for the amp.