Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Speaker level or RCA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 10:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speaker level or RCA

OK, ive done plenty of stereos, but ive never needed to use speaker level inputs. my question is, (sound wise) would it be worth my time splicing RCAs onto the speaker wires, and going into the amp like that. or.. since its coming from the same source, save time and money by using the speaker level ins.
my guess is, the signal can only get weaker with every splice, so go with speaker level. what do you guys say?

Old 09-22-2006, 03:26 AM
the DICKENS I say.

dont splice RCAs onto speaker wires. actually dont splice anything on to anything. first ask a real question.

Old 09-22-2006, 06:57 AM
oh yeah, i guess i forgot to mention in my first post. INTELEGENT replies would be appreciated.

Old 09-22-2006, 09:22 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by M4Gunner
oh yeah, i guess i forgot to mention in my first post. INTELEGENT replies would be appreciated.
Wow.. I was going to give you an answer, an intelligent one too, until I saw this. how about you search... this has been covered before. not that it matters, you've "done plenty of stereos" (how's that working out for you?), so you know more than any of us. *******.

Old 09-22-2006, 12:55 PM
hahah. wow, youre a complete fvckin moron. how would you respond to a post like that. it made no sence, whatsoever. my guess is that you understood it perfectly, seeing as how youre on the same dumb-fvck brainwave. and i have searched, but wasnt able to find a post comparing the two. and yes, i have done "plenty of stereos", however, im failing to see the part where i claim to know more than any of you.
next time, if all you have to say is stupid bull****, just save it for your next little dungeons and dragons meet. you fvckin nerd.

Old 09-22-2006, 01:50 PM
Are you talking about the Bose system in the G? If you are, just splice into the input wires into the bose amp.

I'll save you the trouble of searching cuz it took me FOREVER to gather the info:

Signals coming from the bose head unit before the amp is pretty much level. You'll get good frequency response by tapping in there. After the amp, the signal levels are all f'd up. Too much equalization in all of the wrong places.

If you don't have a bose system in the G and you tap into the head unit, you'll get a modified frequency response just like you do after the bose amp. It's driving me nuts! I have some awesome amps and subs and they sound like crap.

I've been debating whether or not to put in a whole new head unit ($$$) or just go and buy the JL cleansweep.

Man. I HATE these integrated headunit systems. It makes it so hard to get good quality sounds into a car.

Old 09-22-2006, 02:59 PM
no, i understand that part of the install. im just talking about, between speaker level, or splicing RCAs onto the speaker feeds, sound quality wise. i dont think there would be any difference, but i figured id ask. ive got nav, so this is the only reason for not just bypassing everything, and making my life 10x easier. oh well... i know its not going to sound as good as a whole new setup, but it can sound better than it does!

Old 09-22-2006, 06:03 PM
hahah. wow, youre a complete fvckin moron. how would you respond to a post like that. it made no sence, whatsoever. my guess is that you understood it perfectly, seeing as how youre on the same dumb-fvck brainwave. and i have searched, but wasnt able to find a post comparing the two. and yes, i have done "plenty of stereos", however, im failing to see the part where i claim to know more than any of you.
next time, if all you have to say is stupid bull****, just save it for your next little dungeons and dragons meet. you fvckin nerd.
Your maturity just keeps becoming more and more defined. First, your excessive use of swearing (though common on the internet) shows that you have a very hard time communicating at any "brainwave", as you put it. Also, it's "sense", not "sence." Also, if you aren't sure how to respond to a post why don't you just be nice, not jump his nuts, and wait for someone with a more useful post to come along? I fail to see how:

1. Telling him he shouldn't post
2. Saying I'm a nerd who plays dungeons and dragons (when you're the one on the internet worried about which sounds better, speaker level inputs or RCAs, splicing)

Helps you at all in your desire for an answer. It just shows you're angry, and feel like you need to prove yourself. Both are sad.

However, the Dungeons and Dragons thing was slightly more original than I've seen from others. Congrats on that.

Old 09-22-2006, 08:30 PM
tell ya what. just stop breathing. you're ruining the world for everyone else. my "excessive swearing" is just how i ball! its got nothing to do with the "internet". trust me, if we were face to face, id let you know exactly how i feel. actually, we wouldn't even be having this conversation, because you (and the other guy) wouldn't have your computers to hide behind. so next time you post, pretend that you're actually talking to someones face, and maybe it wont come out sounding like you're a 18 year-old mommas boy, hiding behind daddy's lawyer. (NO, IM NOT PICKING ON 18 YEAR-OLDS!)

Old 09-22-2006, 09:20 PM
tell ya what. just stop breathing. you're ruining the world for everyone else. my "excessive swearing" is just how i ball! its got nothing to do with the "internet". trust me, if we were face to face, id let you know exactly how i feel.
oh... sorry, I didn't realize I was "fronting" with a gangsta yo.

Old 09-22-2006, 10:03 PM
lol, im glad you can read between the lines and see a joke when it slaps you in the face... yo.

Old 09-22-2006, 11:09 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Go ahead and splice onto your speaker lines with RCAs and come back when your amp is fried. You sound like a complete idiot because you have to defend yourself by "e-thuggin" If you don't have any idea what you are doing why are you coming into this forum asking for help and then running your mouth. Go do some more research, I'll bet you'll find the answer soon enough, most likely something Amthar posted since he helps almost anyone out. Takes a real douche to **** him off enough to not answer your question

Old 09-23-2006, 12:52 AM
Originally Posted by redlude97
Go ahead and splice onto your speaker lines with RCAs and come back when your amp is fried. You sound like a complete idiot because you have to defend yourself by "e-thuggin" If you don't have any idea what you are doing why are you coming into this forum asking for help and then running your mouth. Go do some more research, I'll bet you'll find the answer soon enough, most likely something Amthar posted since he helps almost anyone out. Takes a real douche to **** him off enough to not answer your question
lol thanks, douche

Old 09-23-2006, 01:47 AM
hahahhaa.. do you guys all get together and blow eachother? if you actually read the posts, youll see that i never said anything to him in the first place.. you dumb fvck. hahahah you talk about "e thuggin" when i just spelled it out, the fact that it was a joke in the first place. way to pay attention. your mom should have swallowed you.

Old 09-23-2006, 02:09 AM
OK, ive done plenty of stereos, but ive never needed to use speaker level inputs. my question is, (sound wise) would it be worth my time splicing RCAs onto the speaker wires, and going into the amp like that. or.. since its coming from the same source, save time and money by using the speaker level ins.
my guess is, the signal can only get weaker with every splice, so go with speaker level. what do you guys say?
I just hooked up a JL amp to my stock deck and used a JL RCA converter. I used the factory front right & left speakers and ran them to the JL converter. It sounds good to me. Although I was told to run speaker wire all the way to the amp and plug the converter's RCAs directly into the amp, instead of extending the RCAs from the head unit to the amp. I did this and have no "hiss" or interference. So it can be done effectively if you get a good converter. I didn't even used the JL Cleansweep, just a regular $20 converter. I've searched on this forum and wasted hours trying to find stuff. It's not always as simple as some make it out to be, although with enough patience the search feature can provide a wealth of info. Some members like browsing the forums to see what's new and answer questions; some don't want to answer questions, they like to respond "do a search"
To each his own I guess