Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Installed USA Spec PA11-NIS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 06:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
another successful install......

just installed the usa-spec pa11-nis in my car. I have a non-Bose, non-Navigation and no Satellite and it worked. No thanks to the sales advisor at Crutchfield for telling me 'No, it won't work, you have to have a cd chnger button on your dash." blah, blah blah. I told him I'm gonna buy it anyway and he kind of laugh, like I was gonna be returning it.

So to those thinking of installing it into your factory HU, do it. Mines is all the most Basic model and it works. Don't listen to Crutchfield.

Old 05-21-2007, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by g035sedan
just installed the usa-spec pa11-nis in my car. I have a non-Bose, non-Navigation and no Satellite and it worked. No thanks to the sales advisor at Crutchfield for telling me 'No, it won't work, you have to have a cd chnger button on your dash." blah, blah blah. I told him I'm gonna buy it anyway and he kind of laugh, like I was gonna be returning it.

So to those thinking of installing it into your factory HU, do it. Mines is all the most Basic model and it works. Don't listen to Crutchfield.
So what button you press to switch to AUX? Most sales folks are idiots anyways.

Old 05-21-2007, 10:30 PM
The Ipod plays off of disc 6....so I just make sure there's a disc in slot #6, play it and then press CD button again to switch over to the Ipod. That's it. Took me a few minutes to figure it out. I also have it in Direct Mode which I think is easier.

When you leave the car and unplug the Ipod, the screen will say "eject cd" (something like that) just hit the CD button and you'll have access to your 6 cd's again, or ofcourse hit your radio button for radio.

Last edited by g035sedan; 05-21-2007 at 10:37 PM.