Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Basslink Installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2003, 09:59 AM
► Matt ◄
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Basslink Installed

I am very impressed with how good this little box can perform. It really does give the bose what it needs. It allowed me to turn down the settings on the headunit for the speakers.. so it can go a lot louder. IMO I was going to get this as a temporary thing for the winter but I just might keep it, instead of doing a full out stero. I will take some pics if anybody is interested.

04 DG/G G35 Coupe 6MT
Premium - Navi - Aero - XM

Old 10-26-2003, 11:11 AM
Re: Basslink Installed

Yea..I agree with you on that, I just had mine installed 1 week ago, so far soo good. I just feel that now i need to upgrade my other speakers.. I dont feel as if the bose high's are clear and crisp enough..how do yours sound...but anyway, i was really impressed with the results..im sure yours sounds alot better in the coupe.

here are the pics from my g35 with the basslink

http://hometown.aol.com/ginfiniti35/index.html

Old 10-26-2003, 11:15 AM
► Matt ◄

Well first I did a few things that you didnt do. I put mine cloest to the driver. (on the drivers side righ up against where the seat folds down. My shop is real good at tuning so they tuned the settings on the basslink itself to correspond with the headunit settings. Mine sounds great and I have very little exterior rattling (just the license plate) I will take pics soon as soon as I can get the car washed.

04 DG/G G35 Coupe 6MT
Premium - Navi - Aero - XM

Old 10-27-2003, 05:00 PM

IS300TOG35 or Dazzo ... How did they connect the Basslink to the stock system?

Thanks

2003.g35.sedan.silver

Old 10-27-2003, 07:46 PM

He was telling me that he spliced into the 8" woofer (premium package)...and that it would be powered up from the radio's power button. He also ran an 8 gauge power wire to the battery with a fuse box ...I bought the 8 gauge amp kit ($15)..just in case i wasn't happy with the sound, so i could always install a box, later on...

He gave me the box packaging but he didnt include the manual..so i really dont know if it was done correctly....

I was under the assumption that they would run RCA right to the deck...but he told me that the best way to install it was with the wiring harnesses straight the 8"woofer...

It sounds really good, do you think he installed it correctly or just took the easy way out...DAVE

Old 10-27-2003, 08:01 PM

went to edit my post...guess i dont have that ability yet...but this is what i meant....

He was telling me that he spliced into the 8" woofer (premium package)...and that it would be powered up from the radio's power button. He also ran an 8 gauge power wire to the battery with a fuse box ...I bought the 8 gauge amp kit ($15)..just in case i wasn't happy with the sound, so i could always install a box, later on...

He gave me the box packaging but he didnt include the manual..so i really dont know if it was done correctly....

I was under the assumption that they would run RCA right to the deck (guess its not an option for a stock deck)...but he told me that the best way to install it was with the wiring harnesses straight to the 8"woofer or 6X9's (but we dont got those).

It sounds really good, except now, I need to find some really good highs, cuz, the bose don't sound crisp and clear enough...DAVE

Old 10-28-2003, 09:44 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'm very interested in any additional info anyone has on the basslink install, such as pictures and specifically how it was wired in. Thanks.

03 6MT coupe, red/willow, premium, aero, splash guards, alum pedals, clear corners, 15% tint