Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Factory iPod Integration Successful...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2009 | 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by MikeGrote
just read the entire thread...is there anyone that can verify that the iphone works with the usa-spec version? i want to control everything from the iphone and to be able to watch movies while its plugged in. anyone?

yes the PAC and USA Spec work with iPhones. HOWEVER if you have a 3G you'll need to make sure you get the upgraded/latest cable so that it will charge the 3G iPhone and new Touch iPods. you can read more about the updated cable on the USA Spec site.

Old 03-03-2009 | 01:10 PM
thank you sir, i will make sure i get the newer 3g cable...
edit: i am unfamiliar with the PAC, link?

Old 03-03-2009 | 01:15 PM
and why do all the ebay ones say they dont work with bluetooth? i have bluetooth but i thought it was supposed to work with it...

Old 03-03-2009 | 03:38 PM
Ohio G Club Member
Old 03-03-2009 | 04:03 PM
ok, looks like none of the pac products will charge the iphone3g so i guess ill go with spec then. hopefully my bluetooth doesnt stop it from working...

Old 03-07-2009 | 09:34 PM
+1 for the usa spec! easy instal and works great

Old 03-07-2009 | 11:11 PM
I just installed my ipod integration and it's so much better than an FM transmitter. I routed the wire into my glove box though since I wasn't sure how to go into the center console and it was dark outside :P

Old 03-10-2009 | 02:57 PM
ok guys quick question;

I have a 2005 coupe with the factory bose system and the factory navi. I just want to be able to plug my iphone/ipod into a cable, and have it play through the factory speakers; but with all of these part numbers, cable names, etc etc flying around im a bit confused as to which would suite my desire!!

Super Breakdown:
I have a 2005 6MT coupe, factory navi + Bose system. Which cable do i need for the easiest plug and play?

Thanks!!

Old 03-10-2009 | 03:31 PM
I like the factory Ipod kit taht is offered, because it plays through your SAT. Radio input section on stock radio, and is all controlled through the stock headunit interface.

Its easy to install(at least for me as my car didnt come stock with SAT. Radio), with the hardest part for me was taking out the back seats, and making a nice little hole for the rubber grommet where the arm rest is to fit in the top portion of the arm rest. Its all plug and play with VERY easy instructions.

I have my Ipod in there with the little velvet case protecting it inside my arm rest area. With the cable nicely routed through the trunk to the front all hidden and installed as cleanly as possible.

A tip for those that want to copy my installation, use a wire hanger to tie the cord to and to pull through the little section of carpet that is in the rear seating area through to the arm rest area carpet.

Old 03-10-2009 | 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by tazraz01
ok guys quick question;

I have a 2005 coupe with the factory bose system and the factory navi. I just want to be able to plug my iphone/ipod into a cable, and have it play through the factory speakers; but with all of these part numbers, cable names, etc etc flying around im a bit confused as to which would suite my desire!!

Super Breakdown:
I have a 2005 6MT coupe, factory navi + Bose system. Which cable do i need for the easiest plug and play?

Thanks!!
you've got 3 or 4 different options. each with their pros and cons. check out the comparison chart on my site for some more info.

Old 03-10-2009 | 08:43 PM
cool thanks Fishhouse! i have a small question though...on your site, when it says the USA Spec adapter isnt satellite compatible, what does that mean? Is that referring to my GPS, or satellite radio?

Thanks!!

Old 03-10-2009 | 08:48 PM
it means you can't use the USA Spec unit with factory sat radio. one or the other - not both. so if you have sat radio, then look for one of the other options.

Old 03-11-2009 | 04:37 PM
PA11-NIS Install Successful!?! - Don't be an *** like me

I posted this before but probably better here-
Make sure you read install manual fully before install!!!!
So I do a masterful install - Didn't mess up any of the interior (very proud of myself and with help of a DIY on here) but what did I do??
Didn't eject the cds before install..now they are stuck in there and cds wont play at all!!!! I even put it back to factory and no go.
Yes Im an anus!!!!
Spoke with the owner of USA-Spec, real cool guy, said its now in mechanical failure due to moving around during install and it happens alot with us newbies doing self installs and sometimes, though rarely, it may start working again.
But...at least I have my Ipod working and have over 20 days of music!!!!
Ignorance is not always bliss !!!!

Old 03-15-2009 | 03:28 PM
anyone else having trouble with the usa spec not charging iphones anymore? mine did charge right out of the box, but quit for some reason.

Old 04-13-2009 | 08:33 PM
I have on 06 sedan with Bose. I purchased the XM unit from Grubbs this week and plan to install it Saturday. After I did some research, I figured I should just do the iPod and XM install at the same time.

Will the factory iPod unit work with the XM unit? I'm assuming so. Also, in what order should I install them?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Factory iPod Integration Successful...