Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Factory iPod Integration Successful...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2007 | 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by LytesOut
1. Do i have to open up the dash to install this? I know the ipod integration from nissan, doesn't require opening the dash.

2. On this one online website it says:

"Compatible with:

G35 Coupe/Sedan - 2004-2006"

I have an 07...is that going to be a problem?
yes you do have to take apart the dash...it is not hard at all...i have an 07 coupe as well...i was worried that i was going to break something or F if up but it wasnt bad at all...literally 10 screws...5 for the radio, 2 to get the side trim pieces and 3 to get the arm rest off...i ran the cable under the arm rest.. used this tutorial https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-video-electronics-diy/90507-diy-06-hu-removall.html to get to the back of the radio...it is the same for the 07

then you take the wire harness that came with the usa spec...unplug the 2 clips on the radio shown here https://g35driver.com/forums/showpos...3&postcount=74
clip the 12 pin(red arrown) into the female end of the usa spec cable and the other end into the radio...and then plug in the usa spec cable into the blue arrow slot...if you get the kit you will understand once you open it up

as long as you dont mind losing the sat radio, this works great...also the bluetooth works...if you have it that is...i was worried that it would not from reading up on the usa spec

edit:..i picked mine up from crutchfield for 119 shipped...here is the post with the coupon code i used https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-video-electronics/177769-us-spec-pa11-nis-119-shipped-crutchfield.html

Last edited by dug1200; 09-26-2007 at 07:59 PM. Reason: link to post with coupon
Old 09-26-2007 | 09:08 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
im a little bit confused. let's say i have 50 different artists on my ipod. if the ipod is in an artist's album playing one of his/her music, am i able to go to another artist's album using the steering controls?
no from the steering wheel you can only control the volume amd seeking throughwhichever playlist you are on wether it be an artist, or shuffle, if your on an artists playlist you have to use the contols on the accual radio to change artists or playlists

hope tht helped a little

Old 09-27-2007 | 02:53 AM
haha its like USAspec vs iPod Factory Integration or dug1200 vs ShanesG

but no... i really appreciate all the info you guys are giving me. it's really helping a lot.

Installation for both seem pretty much the same as far as difficulty is concerned. The iPod Factory Integration does require cutting the foam of under the rear seat. Whereas the USAspec doesn't seem to require modding the car at all (am I right on this?).....but the USAspec disables satellite radio, whereas the iPod Factory Integration only disables it when the iPod is connected. The iPod Factory Integration counters for this by being able to show the music information on the display of the HU, but then again the USA spec is about $70 cheaper. So it's a really hard decision.....so i guess it comes down to which one does the **IPHONE** work on. I have an 80GB iPod, but it would be really nice to use the iPhone on it too since iPhone has the capability to go on www.seeqpod.com and download music while on the road.

So ShanesG and dug1200, does the iPhone work on iPod Factory Integration or the USAspec or both?

Old 09-27-2007 | 11:52 AM
haha its like USAspec vs iPod Factory Integration or dug1200 vs ShanesG

but no... i really appreciate all the info you guys are giving me. it's really helping a lot.

Installation for both seem pretty much the same as far as difficulty is concerned. The iPod Factory Integration does require cutting the foam of under the rear seat. Whereas the USAspec doesn't seem to require modding the car at all (am I right on this?).....but the USAspec disables satellite radio, whereas the iPod Factory Integration only disables it when the iPod is connected. The iPod Factory Integration counters for this by being able to show the music information on the display of the HU, but then again the USA spec is about $70 cheaper. So it's a really hard decision.....so i guess it comes down to which one does the **IPHONE** work on. I have an 80GB iPod, but it would be really nice to use the iPhone on it too since iPhone has the capability to go on www.seeqpod.com and download music while on the road.

So ShanesG and dug1200, does the iPhone work on iPod Factory Integration or the USAspec or both?

my iphone does not work, but there is another thread in this section from RedG that he got his to work...i think i have to play around with the dip switches to get it to work...i think im in playlist mode and i need to be in direct mode...or vice versa...i plan on taking a look at it this weekend...the only modding i did was i drilled a whole in the center console so i could keep my ipod in there...

the $, and the ability to use the controls on the ipod while it was hooked up is why i bought this one...the factory one is nice, the track and artist info is really cool...my friend has it because he has sat radio...i dont have a need/want for sat radio

both do a great job

Old 09-27-2007 | 11:54 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
^^^ lytesout

well first, im not againts the usa spec, i just think putting something in thats factory made is saffer, plus the whole reason i wanted one was to be able to see the songs on the HU, the us spec doesnt do that, if i didnt care about that i would have just gotten a good fm transmitter for like $80, also for the ipod integration, you don't have to cut the foam in the back seat, you are more than welcome to have your ipod hooked up in you trunk, alot do this because you cant use ur ipod while its hooked up, but i'd rather have it with me in the car, also seeing that you have an iphone im sure you will want yours in the car as well, i have heard yet i am not 100% sure, that it does work with the iphone, i think it would work but you'd have to have your phone on the music already, where are you located? maybe you could find someone in your area who would let you use theres to see it it would work, but as far as chooseing which one its all up to you, put i'd stick with factory parts if there available

Old 09-28-2007 | 03:27 AM
does anyone know if the new ipod, like ipod touch would work with the mod?

Old 09-28-2007 | 03:31 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
^any Ipod Will Work, Except Shuffle(diff Plug) Unless The New Ipods Have Diff. Plugs

Old 09-29-2007 | 07:54 PM
Question, wheres a link to the USA spec version?

Old 09-29-2007 | 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by BolivianFuego
Question, wheres a link to the USA spec version?
https://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177769

in this post there is a link to it from crutchfield...can google usa spec pa11-nis too

Last edited by dug1200; 09-29-2007 at 09:52 PM.
Old 10-01-2007 | 09:40 AM
I am curious if anyone may have a detailed list on all the controls.

I installed the OEM Nissan interface in mine and don't like the controls so far.

All I really care about is being able to advance tracks on the steering wheel controls, all the other stuff does not matter to me.

Could anyone offer me some insight to this, thanks!

Old 10-01-2007 | 11:21 AM
There should be a list of controls that came with the kit, but just so you know, i'm pretty sure the 03/04 radio is the same and as i've found out, you cannot skip tracks on the steering wheel. The 05/06 can. I was upset to find this out myself, but have come to just accept it and use the track up/down buttons on the unit itself. Its your only choice.

Old 10-01-2007 | 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by TGMcCoy
There should be a list of controls that came with the kit, but just so you know, i'm pretty sure the 03/04 radio is the same and as i've found out, you cannot skip tracks on the steering wheel. The 05/06 can. I was upset to find this out myself, but have come to just accept it and use the track up/down buttons on the unit itself. Its your only choice.
tgmccoy is right, u have to use the radio console buttons to advance and go back on tracks. i didn't know it was gonna be like that until i installed it too. hey, better than the stupid oem cd player giving u problems right?

Old 10-01-2007 | 04:17 PM
im a little bit confused. let's say i have 50 different artists on my ipod. if the ipod is in an artist's album playing one of his/her music, am i able to go to another artist's album using the steering controls?
Yes but it's cumbersome. Best bet is to make some smart playlists.

The iPod Factory Integration does require cutting the foam of under the rear seat. Whereas the USAspec doesn't seem to require modding the car at all (am I right on this?)
No. Factory kit requires no cutting. You can see how i did it at https://g35driver.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=107 and a video i made with my crappy old digicam of using it at https://g35driver.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=103

so i guess it comes down to which one does the **IPHONE** work on.
My 8gb iphone works. Music is a bit more "tinny" sounding that the regular ipod on same settings. If you get a text or voicemail, the sound will briefly "hiccup" while the iphone plays the new mail sound (on the phone, not through speakers). I did not receive a call while using it there, but since it connects with the bluetooth, i would imagine it would work the same way. Pause the music and cutover to phone. Additionally, all other iphone functions are available while in use. If you try to hit the ipod button, it will tell you there is something attached and won't go to it.

Old 10-02-2007 | 12:05 AM
I have the unit installed and have no complaints. Now I want to add the sirius radio tuner? have an aftermarket Sirius tuner installed in the sunglass holder in the roof but am tired of the FM Transmitter? Anyone know where to pick up a used Sirius Tuner?

Old 10-02-2007 | 10:06 AM
Search the classifieds on Nissan sites (the tuner is pretty universal between nissans) or look for a new one at www.grubbsperformance.com and www.everythingg35.com.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Factory iPod Integration Successful...