Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Factory iPod Integration Successful...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2007 | 11:43 AM
So I wanted to confirm that this does work with the IPHONE. I know the "tinny"ness of the music can be controlled by the equalizer or the sound adjustment features that I think are better for upgrade 1.1.1.

Old 10-06-2007 | 04:01 PM
Is this the kit for a maxima? I called my dad the other day who works at a nissan dealership and he told me that they did not make a kit for the 350Z and I called an Infiniti dealership and they said that there was not a kit for the G only for the M. So who do I need to get the kit from and how hard is it to install???

Old 10-10-2007 | 04:42 PM
Also Interested

I guess those of us who are interested would like to know where and how we can order a kit.

Old 10-10-2007 | 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by Teamsr2k1
Is this the kit for a maxima?
Actually i think it was for the Nissan Quest, if i remember my instruction book correctly. It's in this thread somewhere.

Originally Posted by Baconbit
I guess those of us who are interested would like to know where and how we can order a kit
They're pretty much everywhere now. I think Joe may have quit selling them by phone, but it is on the website everythingg35.com/g35parts.com/whatever else resolves to it, amongst a few others. Additionally, you can get the exact part numbers you need (from the first few pages of this thread) and order it directly from your local Nissan Dealer.

Old 10-11-2007 | 10:56 AM
Re: Ordering iPod Conversion Kit for G-35

Thanks much for the info friend. I noticed when going through the board, you had provided a download of installation instructions for the iPod Kit. I take it that if I order a Kit and give my audio guy those instructions, he should pretty much be able to figure it out, right ?

Have you put your iPod on the shuffle setting and just let it run with this system ? I would be curious to know if that works smoothly.

Thanks again.

Old 10-11-2007 | 12:27 PM
I take it that if I order a Kit and give my audio guy those instructions, he should pretty much be able to figure it out, right ?
I'd like to think so However, it really is a 10 minute or less install if you're putting it in the trunk. All you need is a 10mm wrench. When i wrote those up, i don't think any others had been posted and i was just figuring it out as i went. It might seem a little more complicated than it actually is.

Boils down to pull out floor mat/covering, unbolt 1 or 2 10mm nuts securing plastic cover piece, plug in the loose harness, secure the box and slide the ground ring under a nut, and zip it back up. I'd recommend taking a look at the trunk yourself to gauge whether or not you want to pay someone for 10 mins work.

Have you put your iPod on the shuffle setting and just let it run with this system ? I would be curious to know if that works smoothly.
No. I use smart playlists mostly. I have used the RND (random) mode that is available on the radio menus from the adapter and that works well enough, but only shuffles for whatever mode you're in. i.e. if you're in rock genre, it will shuffle all your rock songs, if you're on Artist-Aerosmith, it will shuffle all your Aerosmith songs, and same for the other selections including playlists. If you are in the song selection, it will shuffle all.

I know it's been mentioned repeatedly in the threads but i'll say it again. Unless your library consists of 10-20 cds worth of music or less, you are HIGHLY advised to make use of smart playlists and just select those. There are some links i put up earlier in the thread with some samples. I have several kind of playlists that rotate and change based on what i've listened to so i never have to hear the same tracklist twice.

Old 10-11-2007 | 02:28 PM

Hey, that sounds like a plan. Once again, your input is most appreciated.

Just as a side note, I have called all the Infinity dealers in my area, as well as the Nissan dealers, and no one in their parts departments have a clue about this product. So I guess I'll try to order through Joe in Arizona (everythingNissan.com) Don't know if there is anything else online.

Old 10-11-2007 | 04:20 PM
I have called all the Infinity dealers in my area, as well as the Nissan dealers, and no one in their parts departments have a clue about this product.
Did you ask them to look up the specific part numbers? If you mention infiniti or G35 they won't have a clue. If they insist on a vehicle, tell them it's an 05 Nissan Quest, with or without sat, whichever you have.

EDIT: Joe lists the part numbers here: https://g35driver.com/forums/showpos...0&postcount=68

Last edited by Glycerine; 10-11-2007 at 05:25 PM.
Old 10-11-2007 | 05:12 PM

Great, I'll give that a shot with them. All the best to ya !

Old 10-17-2007 | 12:14 PM
So would you guys with the USA-spec integration say that this is the best route to take sound quality wise? I'm looking to get the best SQ out of this connection. Also, does the iPod still sound clear when I drive through areas where there is bad satellite reception since its getting plugged in through this?

Thanks for any input.

Old 10-17-2007 | 02:46 PM
Also, does the iPod still sound clear when I drive through areas where there is bad satellite reception since its getting plugged in through this?
The transmission source is your ipod in your trunk/cabin... not a satellite or ground based repeater. There is no antenna in the equation... The signal will be fine whether you're in a field or parking garage.

Old 10-17-2007 | 03:44 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
y not get the factory one????

why the USA-spec

Old 10-17-2007 | 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by bigwhale
So would you guys with the USA-spec integration say that this is the best route to take sound quality wise? I'm looking to get the best SQ out of this connection. Also, does the iPod still sound clear when I drive through areas where there is bad satellite reception since its getting plugged in through this?

Thanks for any input.
i cannot tell the difference in sound quality between the 2...i have the usa spec and a friend of mine has the factory...i wanted to be able to use the controls on the ipod....he wanted text on the radio display

the ipod will sound the same where ever you are...its hard wired to the factory radio

Old 10-21-2007 | 02:02 PM
Brian
Originally Posted by dug1200
i cannot tell the difference in sound quality between the 2...i have the usa spec and a friend of mine has the factory...i wanted to be able to use the controls on the ipod....he wanted text on the radio display

the ipod will sound the same where ever you are...its hard wired to the factory radio
Yup. After reading every single post in this thread, this is the summary of what the two competing products do. Which you prefer is up to you. I choose the US Spec because I want direct control of my iPod and want to keep it up front with me by the dash.

Old 12-18-2007 | 01:34 PM
i got my kit from the infiniti dealer

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Factory iPod Integration Successful...