Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Got sub, now just a few install ?'s

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 07:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got sub, now just a few install ?'s

Ok, so I finally got the pieces together for my little system. I ended up getting one 10" alpine type-r, and an alpine mrp-m650. I guess my biggest question is on how to get the signal from my headunit to the new amp. I have the bose system, and from what I understand, I need to tap into the wiring before the bose amp. I've read that most people get a LOC and tap into the factory wiring, so that they can have RCA's going to their new amp. On the alpine, it looks like it takes regular speaker wires with the supplied harness. There is a square box on the side of the amp that takes a R+, R-, L+ and L- input. This is located right next to the RCA inputs, and the manual says that you use one or the other. So I am wondering whether I can just splice into the factory wiring with regular speaker wire and connect to the corresponding wires on the harness to the amp? Anyone know what I am talking about?? It seems too easy to me, but I guess it could work. I am also planning on mounting it directly about the stock bose amp underneath the plastic baffle thing (with minor cutting to the underside of the baffle). If anyone has any comments or answers, i would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

Old 12-28-2006, 07:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One other quick question...the wiring going to the bose amp is the blue harness, right? just want to make sure...