Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Rear View Rattle

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 12:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear View Rattle

Ok I know this has been address on here before and I saw the tutorials on how to fix it but I am thinking that my problem is a little different.

When my bass hits in a certian way (the vibrating type bass) the rear view mirror shakes like normal but then sometimes it starts rattling. Nothing on the mirror rattles the actual mount its on rattles. The mirror is very loose and so it moves around a lot when the bass goes off. Has anyone had a problem like this with their mirror? Like I said nothing on the mirror is rattling, its the actual mirror vibrating.

Old 01-09-2007, 03:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by avengence
Ok I know this has been address on here before and I saw the tutorials on how to fix it but I am thinking that my problem is a little different.

When my bass hits in a certian way (the vibrating type bass) the rear view mirror shakes like normal but then sometimes it starts rattling. Nothing on the mirror rattles the actual mount its on rattles. The mirror is very loose and so it moves around a lot when the bass goes off. Has anyone had a problem like this with their mirror? Like I said nothing on the mirror is rattling, its the actual mirror vibrating.
Yes, I took my G in for the TSB, and it solved the problem for a while, now I have the same rattling problem. The rear view mirror unit that Nissan sourced, needs to be redesigned. That's the only solution I see here.