Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clifford Matrix RSX 3.5

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2003, 10:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Clifford Matrix RSX 3.5

Just wanted to give a quick review of this system, and ask a question to other owners of this system. It seems pretty good so far. I got the remote up/down windows option installed for $40 extra, rather than the $150 for the module. The only problem is that I can't roll up/down the windows when the car is remote started. That's not a big deal, but I am going to ask them about it. So far, I am not impressed with the range. It didn't work in Home Depot, Target, or the movie theatre until I got close to the door. The other wierd quirk is that when I remote start it, I have to put the key in the ignition before I close the door, otherwise my seat will not automatically slide forward. That doesn't bother me too much, but the range does. Where have other people put the antenna? They put mine to the right of the rear view mirror, behind the blue tint. I have heard that doing that reduces range. Where should they have put it? Oh, and WHY oh WHY is there no backlight on the remote? I can't see it in the dark (like the movie theatre, or at night). Sounds like I am bashing it, but I do like the system. It has alot of options, and I am sure when I get the kinks worked out I will love it.

'03.5 Brilliant Silver Sedan
Premium, Aero Kit/Package, Sport, Winter
Stillen Air Box, Z pipe, Clear Corners, Alum Pedals
Polk Tweeters

Old 11-23-2003, 11:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Clifford Matrix RSX 3.5

Im not sure where the antenna is on my car. Is it the square box with the two "arms" sticking out? That is laying flat on the driver side of the dashboard in my car. I didnt get the remote start feature so I cant help you with any of those problems. The remote does have an illuminated display. Whenever I press a button the backlight turns on. To enable this you have to enter the programming mode. Press and hold all four buttons on the remote simultaneously until a long beep is heard. within five seconds, press the "unlock" button. The remote will beep once for on, twice for off.
Hope this helps.

Old 11-24-2003, 02:12 AM

I have been thinking about getting the very same alarm...minus the windows modules. Did you have to give up a key to make the remote start work?

Thanks,
Louis

----------------------
2004 Diamond Graphite Sedan

Old 11-24-2003, 06:49 AM

Thank you sooooo much. I have to admit I haven't had a chance to read the entire manual, I just skimmed it. I completely retract my statement about the backlight. It is such a cool color too! It's like an orange color. Yeah, the antenna is the little square with the two antenna's sticking out at right angles. Do you get good range with it on the dash? Does the alarm work in malls, movies, stores, etc? I kinda like that idea better, too. You won't see it while drving if it is on the dash.

Polk Tweeters

Old 11-24-2003, 06:50 AM

could you tell me exactly where on the drivers side? (you might not be able to get more specific). Thanks

Yes, I gave up the "valet" key. The alarm has a built in valet mode, and I am not sure, but I would guess that replacing the valet key is cheaper than the regular key.

Polk Tweeters<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by khsonic03 on 11/24/03 03:52 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 11-24-2003, 07:53 PM

Also, are you able to send a command in a store/building? I cannot, unless I am near a window, but I am wondering if I can receive a signal from the vehicle. Does the range of the vehicle-to-remote exceed the range of the remote-to-vehicle? If so, then that is not bad, but if not, then what is the point of a two way if I won't even know the vehicle is being tampered with? I am going to try to go back to the installer this week, but I am pretty busy. I need to find out why my range SUCKS! Also: If the remote blinks "rx," does that mean I am in range of the vehicle sending a signal to my remote?

Polk Tweeters

Old 11-24-2003, 08:32 PM

I havent tested the range of the remote much. In an open area I would say that I might have 30 yards of range. Im not sure of that. I was in an open parking lot and was playing with the remote for a little while. Went back as far as I could and it was still receiving. I havent done anything while in shopping malls or theaters. Its range is way better than the alpine alarm thats in my truck.
The antenna is in the lower corner of my dash. Thats about as specific as I can get. The left antenna is almost touching the window post.

Trending Topics

Old 11-24-2003, 09:15 PM

Thanks for the reply. I picked up another key today at the dealership...OUCH! Is the range on the alarm always pretty poor or just at certain places? I was looking at the alarm at Best Buy and one of the installers had it installed on his car and it had pretty awesome range.

Louis

----------------------

Old 11-24-2003, 09:53 PM

I took a look at the dash today. And I see exactly where you must have it. I live on a farm, and I went about 1/4 of a mile away, and it still worked remote-to-car, so I have no doubts about open areas, but I thought the main point of the alarm was to warn you if you are in a building if your alarm goes off. So far I HAVE NOT experienced a situation in a crowded building where the alarm DOES work. So I'm a little skeptical. It only works at home and in non-crowded buildings. Maybe I could get better range where you have the antenna mounted. Other than that, the alarm is great. It has tons of features and no doubt has 20 fold better range. Grandmaster: How much did you pay for the new key? Was it the valet key or the master? Was there a price difference?

'03.5 Brilliant Silver AT Sedan
Stillen Air Box, Z pipe, Clear Corners, Alum. Pedals
Polk Tweeters, Clifford RSX 3.5 two-way alarm

Old 11-24-2003, 10:40 PM

I got a standard key...DAMN, did not even think about getting a valet key instead. That might have been a little cheaper! The cost broke down like this:
Key: $90.76
CutKey: $9.00
Labor: $26.70
So $126.46+tax, which beleive it or not was the cheapest I found after calling like 7 dealerships in 3 different cities.

Louis

----------------------

Old 11-24-2003, 10:53 PM

WOW! Maybe I'll hold off on the key for a bit. Maybe the valet key is a little cheaper.

'03.5 Brilliant Silver AT Sedan
Stillen Air Box, Z pipe, Clear Corners, Alum. Pedals
Polk Tweeters, Clifford RSX 3.5 two-way alarm