New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

Hey guys! looking forward to getting involved in this forum

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 10:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys! looking forward to getting involved in this forum

I just purchased a silver 05 G35 6MT.
I have been wanting to get a G coupe for a while but never came to it until recently. I am really enjoying the torque, the ride comfort, and the exhaust note. I am coming from RSX-S so this has been a good upgrade for me Currently, the car has K&N intake and muffler delete... which sounds okay... but I have picked up the stock exhaust and intake to replace it. (I really like the stock sound for some reason..) I am planning to get a plenum spacer for the car as well.

I think it might need some paint matching.... hmmmm

Def. needs paint match.

I bought the car knowing it will need some work... I will be replacing rear passenger side wheel bearing and front left control arm/bushing/balljoint. (I think its all part of one component?) I also will be bleeding the clutch cuz the previous own did a terrible job putting in a stage2 clutch... so I'll be busy in the DIY section
At the moment, I am just trying to get the car to where I think it should be as a nice stock car. I guess my only gripe about the car current is the lack of AUX in the bose system... Need to find a way to listen to my music.

I like how the car information display on the navigation shows mpg and distance until empty. Its nice to know how I am killing off trees by having some fun.
Anyways, I am excited about the car and getting started in this forum

Old 08-12-2015, 11:23 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Daniel, welcome to the G35 Driver forums! Not a bad looking coupe, but will require a few upgrades to make it more enjoyable/fun to drive. Once you complete the few corrections you posted consider installing '06 projector headlights, they're 90% better than what you have. If you have questions use our Search, increase your knowledge by reading all the stickys at the top of the coupe page. Again welcome and enjoy the ride Daniel!
Gary

Old 08-12-2015, 11:29 AM
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts
Welcome to the site!

If I may ask, how many miles and how much did you pay? Just trying to keep tabs on current values, as a lot of people on here ask if a car is a good deal/bad deal when buying, so nice to know what the current market is like.

Car looks good, I like the color. Looks like it may have seen some partial paint/repair in the past. What did the Carfax say? Was it in a minor rear accident? May be one reason for the "muffler delete" as well.

For the stock intake, try and get a 350Z tube instead of the G35 tube, less restrictive (barely) and looses the resonator. I use the Z tube and a drop in (flat panel to replace stock air filter) K&N on mine and test have shown that combo is probably the best (without a tune).

Welcome to the site! Nice Rays.

Old 08-12-2015, 01:50 PM
Originally Posted by gary c
Daniel, welcome to the G35 Driver forums! Not a bad looking coupe, but will require a few upgrades to make it more enjoyable/fun to drive. Once you complete the few corrections you posted consider installing '06 projector headlights, they're 90% better than what you have. If you have questions use our Search, increase your knowledge by reading all the stickys at the top of the coupe page. Again welcome and enjoy the ride Daniel!
Gary
Thank you Gary for the welcome!
Yes, I have been looking at the 06 headlights, and I actually am looking around for those
I do want to upgrade things in the long run. But at the moment, I want to get to know the car from where its at right now I got a lot to read about haha.
thanks again.

Old 08-12-2015, 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by Hatchman
Welcome to the site!

If I may ask, how many miles and how much did you pay? Just trying to keep tabs on current values, as a lot of people on here ask if a car is a good deal/bad deal when buying, so nice to know what the current market is like.

Car looks good, I like the color. Looks like it may have seen some partial paint/repair in the past. What did the Carfax say? Was it in a minor rear accident? May be one reason for the "muffler delete" as well.

For the stock intake, try and get a 350Z tube instead of the G35 tube, less restrictive (barely) and looses the resonator. I use the Z tube and a drop in (flat panel to replace stock air filter) K&N on mine and test have shown that combo is probably the best (without a tune).

Welcome to the site! Nice Rays.
Hey hatchman, thanks for the welcome! No, I dont mind sharing the info. Its 05 with 6mt, it has currently 1390xx miles on it. Considering the high mileage and work that needs to be done, I paid $8800 for it. The carfax was clean without any accident report. However, I hired Autocritic to inspect the car before purchasing. Inspector pointed out the parts I listed that needed replacement and paint job on the front and rear plastic bumper cover. The frame has no damage or sign of work. I actually received the muffler shop receipt regarding the muffler delete the previous owner had done.. but what you have said makes sense though. He might have had it done because he was rear ended.
I am near Dallas, and for some reason i found these cars are a bit more pricy than else where.

The previous owner installed K&N 2-tube-piece intake (not sure what the product #is) Z tube.. now I should look into that. thanks hatchman for the tip

Yeah, I really like the wheels... I was surprised to learn that it came stock.
thanks for the welcome!

Old 08-12-2015, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by Daniel k.
Hey hatchman, thanks for the welcome! No, I dont mind sharing the info. Its 05 with 6mt, it has currently 1390xx miles on it. Considering the high mileage and work that needs to be done, I paid $8800 for it. The carfax was clean without any accident report. However, I hired Autocritic to inspect the car before purchasing. Inspector pointed out the parts I listed that needed replacement and paint job on the front and rear plastic bumper cover. The frame has no damage or sign of work. I actually received the muffler shop receipt regarding the muffler delete the previous owner had done.. but what you have said makes sense though. He might have had it done because he was rear ended.
I am near Dallas, and for some reason i found these cars are a bit more pricy than else where.

The previous owner installed K&N 2-tube-piece intake (not sure what the product #is) Z tube.. now I should look into that. thanks hatchman for the tip

Yeah, I really like the wheels... I was surprised to learn that it came stock.
thanks for the welcome!
Sounds like you did your homework with the Carfax and Autocritic and prior receipts. Even if it was in a minor rear-ender, if there is no frame damage then it's probably fine and I wouldn't worry about it. If there is no frame damage, it was probably just plastic bumper/muffler tip damage, no big deal. I wouldn't worry about it.

8800 sounds good for the year and the mileage. I think you did very well! Car looks great and I'm sure you will enjoy it and moding it.

Again welcome!

Old 08-12-2015, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by Hatchman
Sounds like you did your homework with the Carfax and Autocritic and prior receipts. Even if it was in a minor rear-ender, if there is no frame damage then it's probably fine and I wouldn't worry about it. If there is no frame damage, it was probably just plastic bumper/muffler tip damage, no big deal. I wouldn't worry about it.

8800 sounds good for the year and the mileage. I think you did very well! Car looks great and I'm sure you will enjoy it and moding it.

Again welcome!
Glad to know that it was a fair deal.
Thank you!

Old 08-12-2015, 07:37 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts
Cars looking clean, welcome to G35Driver

Old 08-12-2015, 08:16 PM
Received 575 Likes on 502 Posts
Welcome to the G community! Just keep an eye on your oil. Your year model and a few others have a oil consumption problem. just a heads up. Where you located?

Old 08-13-2015, 09:52 AM
Originally Posted by ExtremeDimensions
Cars looking clean, welcome to G35Driver
Thank you!!!

Old 08-13-2015, 09:59 AM
Originally Posted by bluedevils95
Welcome to the G community! Just keep an eye on your oil. Your year model and a few others have a oil consumption problem. just a heads up. Where you located?
Thanks for the welcome!!
Oil consumption??
Dang... I should check on that today..
Is it something that has been covered in the forum?? I should search about it..
I live near Tyler, TX.
thanks for the heads up!

Old 08-16-2015, 10:11 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Lots of info on here about the OC issue, but it mostly affects the G's with the rev-up motor in 05-07 coupes and 05-06 sedans. (6mt versions) That being said I have an 05 sedan with the automatic trans and I burn a quart and a half every 5000 miles. Poor piston ring design leads to this issue.

Old 08-16-2015, 10:34 AM
As BD said, mostly revup 6MT manuals. I have an 05 5AT and never burn any oil.

Old 11-03-2015, 09:52 AM
Unhappy 3 months in with this car...

so far, this car has been causing more problems than I wanted.
Like bluedevils95 mentioned, there is about a quart consumption every 3000miles and
few days ago my bose cdplayer crapped out ("click click click tap tap tap"..crap...) I pulled the HU out and got the CDs out by going through some of "wrathernaut's double din install faq" page....
Next step is guess will be DD kit and possibly new piston ring for my next upgrade?? maybe?
I guess this is very common for these cars hu?