Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody has this on their G?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 03:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody has this on their G?

Hi, i'm looking to buy a Navi system for my G, I was going to get the Avic-Z1 untill i saw this, anybody has this on their G? how does it comepare to other aftermarket navi units?? http://store.mp3car.com/ProductDetai...Code=DSH%2D009

Old 02-06-2007, 03:42 PM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Real nice product I give it a thumbs up review. A lot of memebers on here have that installed. Go check out the audio forums.

Old 02-06-2007, 03:44 PM
G35driver Addict
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was thinking about gettin this too, but I had some questions and couldn't find it when searching. That price is for the housing and the screen. I think you need the software and some sort of carputer to run it. i heard that there was an update on the screen for a new non-glare type, but never got the info on it. i was wondering also if the site was up and operating. I just gave up searching, but more info from someone who knows would be nice.

Old 02-06-2007, 05:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hi-Tech_G
Go check out the audio forums.
this is the audio forum Dee Dee Deeeeee

Old 02-06-2007, 05:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 4 Door Skyline
this is the audio forum Dee Dee Deeeeee
Maybe he meant search the audio forum, carlos.

Old 02-08-2007, 09:21 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is the Audio, Video, Electronics forum, which means this post is totally appropriate.

For a quick answer: what you linked us to is a touchscreen only, that's it. So asking how it compares to an aftermarket nav unit is like saying: "How does this 15" Dell LCD monitor compare to a Garmin?"

You would need something hooked to the screen. That screen is generally used for in-car computing setups... which often include GPS applications. I'm a fan of computer-based GPS software over portable/aftermarket GPS hardware... but that's just me (and it is definately more expensive and harder in the long-run).

That being said, there are quite a few of us with that screen, myself included. For more targetted help, however, I'd post/ask your question inside the Car PC subforum.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.