Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

auto door locking??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2007 | 09:22 AM
|
Question auto door locking??

hey everyone, Brian here.. new to the forums. just got an 03 Sedan. got a few questions. . . when i went to the gas station this morning THANK GOD i had my window down cause when i came out, my door was locked. i am guessing after a minute the doors auto lock. if so, what is the use for the auto lock on the key chain. is there anyway to turn the auto lock off? what happens when i forget to roll my window down. it has happened before with a rental truck i had and the doors locked up and keys where in. sucked to say the least. i need to get another key and clicker for the car aswell and wondering the best place to get one. ebay has them cheap and i know i can program the clicker but what about the key? i read in here that infiniti wanted 100 bucks for a key to me made and they wont touch it unless it has the infiniti logo on it.

anyways, thanks for taking time to help me on this. i am on thisw forum daily here at work and love what you guys are doing. as soon as i get some rims i would like to meet up with you guys and take a little stroll.

thanks again -Brian.

Old 03-16-2007 | 09:43 AM
The only time the doors will auto lock is if you unlock them with the fob and then don't open a door within a few seconds (30-60, i forget how many).

Old 03-16-2007 | 10:34 AM
|
so your saying if i go to the store with the car running and windows up, they will stay unlocked?

i only ask cause this happened with a loaner vehicle and was locked out for 2 hours while the truck was on they entire time and a/c was running. heh.

so where can i get key and clicker from?

Old 03-16-2007 | 10:36 AM
100 buck's for the key plus programing. you need to bring the car and other
key so they can be synchronized. i did it for around 150 - 200 plus they gave
me loaner for the day and a car wash, infiniti service is awsome.

Old 03-16-2007 | 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by tha5150
so your saying if i go to the store with the car running and windows up, they will stay unlocked?

i only ask cause this happened with a loaner vehicle and was locked out for 2 hours while the truck was on they entire time and a/c was running. heh.

so where can i get key and clicker from?
I don't see how the doors could auto-lock if you left the fob in the car. You likely locked it inadvertently as you got out.
There is a "lockout protection" feature: If you push the lock button on your door with the key in the ignition and any door open, the the car will lock, then unlock. But if it's running, or the keys aren't in the ignition, it's much easier to lock yourself out.

Old 03-16-2007 | 12:04 PM
|
would be much easier to hide a key somewhere under the car for this reason. but where would you put it? how could i make sure it wouldnt fall off?

i have seen those magnetic key holders but i wouldnt trust those one bit on a car.

Old 03-16-2007 | 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by tha5150
would be much easier to hide a key somewhere under the car for this reason. but where would you put it? how could i make sure it wouldnt fall off?

i have seen those magnetic key holders but i wouldnt trust those one bit on a car.
I got locked out once and suspected I had hit the lock button as I was exiting (I was in a hurry, at the side of the road, to get something out of the trunk). I had the wallet key so I could open the door.

I have been tempted to use a magnetic holder, or just to wrap a key very well in plastic and use roof cement (black) to attach it under a fender or somewhere else where it would be hard to see and hard to recognize as something important. I haven't actually done it for fear of it falling off and for fear of a thief figuring it out, so please don't tell the car thieves this idea.

Enjoy your car!

Old 03-24-2007 | 02:32 AM
The 2006 sedan that i got is when i leave my car inside the car the car dunt like and it beeps and if i walk out for more than 30sec - 60sec the door lock by itself but i dont know how the 03 works.

Old 03-24-2007 | 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by awong
The 2006 sedan that i got is when i leave my car inside the car the car dunt like and it beeps and if i walk out for more than 30sec - 60sec the door lock by itself but i dont know how the 03 works.
What?????Is that jubberish or a double negative

Old 03-27-2007 | 02:24 AM
why would you even leave your car running while getting stuff? A burglar can just jump into your car and drive away while your purchasing your ****...even if your in an arm's distance.

Old 03-27-2007 | 09:53 AM
This has happened to me a number of times, but it is only the driver door that locked. I'm thinking I could have brushed the manual lock lever somehow, but it's not the electronic lock that was activated. The best policy for you to follow (I always do) is never close the door with the keys in the car. If what you are doing is worth closing the door, then take the keys with you.

Old 03-27-2007 | 06:17 PM
Back in SD**
Premier Member
If you need a key just for unlocking your doors, Infiniti makes a wallet key. With that key you can lock/unlock the doors and turn on the ignition, but you can't start the car. I'm not sure if you can use it on the Glove compartment or the rear armrest. The key comes in a plastic case the size of a credit card. When I bought my car the key came with it.

Old 03-27-2007 | 06:23 PM
a friend of mine does something that's pretty clever. He leaves his key in his car while he has the remote attached to his keychain with his house keys in his pocket. That way he can never get locked out cause he wouldn't have to take his keys out.

Old 03-27-2007 | 08:44 PM
Not so good if you have to explain that to your insurance company if the car is stolen...

Old 03-27-2007 | 09:24 PM
true but how would they know?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: auto door locking??