Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Sick of Bose

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 10:18 AM
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy Sick of Bose

I finally am fed up with the quality sound of Bose so I started to look for some good subs. Since I barely know anything about it, which are better? 10s? 12s? My friend offered me a Pioneer 760 Amp, 1 Pioneer sub, and a custom box for around 400. At the same time I don't want to lose that much of trunk space. Then since I was browsing for boxes, I came upon this set up:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Infin...em250095383795

or the set up my friend was talking about:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Infin...em290095830809

Would that be a clean set up? I don't have that much money to even begin with. I just want a lil bit more umpth to the system. I'm just looking around to spend about $450-550 range. Which is better? I have a lot of time still to look. I don't wanna rush this little project; just wanna make it clean as possible and a really nice sound to it. Any suggestions?

Old 03-24-2007, 10:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm going to do 2 (8 inch) wont lose much of my trunk. I will however
toss that bose out of there for a different head unit/amp/speakers

Old 03-25-2007, 08:58 AM
I honestly don't know which set up would be better. Whats the best or at least decent Amp and Sub(s) to put in the G? Anyone? Any suggestions?

Old 03-25-2007, 02:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anything will beat the stock system lol Whats your budget? Do you just want SQ (sound quality)? Do you want SPL (loudness)??

Old 03-25-2007, 07:29 PM
guys u cant get wrong iwth a JL w6 and JL 500 watt amp. Probably the best hitting bass sub out there. If u dont bleive me go review it online. The sub alone is 400 dollars and teh amp is 500.

JL is brand name top quality. Mess wit the best only.

Old 03-25-2007, 11:59 PM
check out fi car audio, tc sound, and digital designs all are excellent drivers...i especially like fi because the owner is a great guy and will help you put something awesome together

Old 03-26-2007, 12:21 AM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
I'm fine with my bose.

I'd rather have the stock bose, than adding 100 lbs in aftermarket stereo equipment.

Old 03-26-2007, 12:52 AM
Hey,
I just went and got some stuff priced for my car today so I might be able to help. First of all getting a 10" or a 12" will depend on the kind of music you listen to and how much space you are willing to lose. I like 10" subs because I listen to a little more rock music than rap and R&B. Also if you can find it around the area whereever you are at look at a sub brand called Focal. They are a french group and hand make all their stuff and most is made out of kevilar. That a a little more expensice that JL but the sound quality is fantastic. I have them in my Trans Am as well. They also make great speakers and amps.
Now the best place to put them with the box is the part I am trying to figure out. If you are looking at your trunk you have a space to the left and right. On the right side you have your jack under the carpet. On the left side however there is nothing. I am going to have a fiberglass box fit in that spot and it is great room for a 10" sub. Then I am having the awp strapped to the back seat. The only downside is that the box will cost about 500-700$ alone but that is a sacrifice I am willing to make for the space it will save and how good fibergalss sounds. There will be minimal vibration coming from you trunk. I HATE systems where you hear the trunk more than you hear the bass. If you have anymore questions let me know. I have put some pretty good sound systems in all my cars and I am pretty particular about the way I have my stuff done.

Old 03-26-2007, 01:39 AM
Well, I want a little bit of both; sound quality and loudness. My range is from $400-550, but I'm guessing I need a little more than that. I hate that also, hearing the trunk rattle more than the bass. I just want a little more umpth out of this system. Nothing too huge or crazy. Thanks guys, all of you are seriously helping me look more into this =)

Old 03-26-2007, 01:56 AM
the bose system has been pissing me off lately as well...
its good if you dont want to listen to your music loudly...but
the moment you get past 24 on the volume control its not
the level of sound that is increasing ...but the level of clarity
seems like once u pass that point it turns to crap

Old 03-26-2007, 03:15 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i really
like how
you write
on the forums
I will
start typing
like this from
now
on

Old 03-26-2007, 04:14 AM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by skaterbasist
I'm fine with my bose.

I'd rather have the stock bose, than adding 100 lbs in aftermarket stereo equipment.

adding aftermarket stereo equipment only adds like 40 pounds

Old 03-26-2007, 08:14 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Gam3
the bose system has been pissing me off lately as well...
its good if you dont want to listen to your music loudly...but
the moment you get past 24 on the volume control its not
the level of sound that is increasing ...but the level of clarity
seems like once u pass that point it turns to crap
This is what makes the Bose amp such a terrible piece of audio equipment and why you should tap into the audio signal BEFORE it reaches the Bose amp, and not after. Tapping into the rear speakers for signal is bad. The Bose amp has EQ curves built into it.

The 4080 enclosure is an excellent enclosure that doesn't take up much room at all and you retain the pass through of your trunk. www.4080enclosures.com But with your budget, you're going to have to go with something else, or save up more money.

I know many people who have bought from the ebay seller of your second link, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Infin...em290095830809, and he's a good guy. His website is www.zenclosures.com

Another option for a stretched budget is to look in the G35Driver audio marketplace. https://g35driver.com/forums/marketplace-29/

Old 03-26-2007, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by EndlessWaltz112
Well, I want a little bit of both; sound quality and loudness. My range is from $400-550, but I'm guessing I need a little more than that. I hate that also, hearing the trunk rattle more than the bass. I just want a little more umpth out of this system. Nothing too huge or crazy. Thanks guys, all of you are seriously helping me look more into this =)
check out fi car audio there q series would be perfect

Old 03-26-2007, 02:28 PM
Dude that a lot of trunk space to be losing. There are boxes that go on the side of the trunk so you onlu lose a portion of the trunk. You should check those out instead

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sick of Bose