Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

07 g35 coupe - basic stereo upgrade questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 01:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile 07 g35 coupe - basic stereo upgrade questions (non-bose)

Ok, here is some backround info. I just bought my 2007 g35 coupe about a week ago and im ready to get that stereo going . I did not get the bose package, so I have that basic stereo without the premium package. Based on that, im hoping for somepne to help me out with some basic questions that I could not find by doing a search, but I really need some help with before I go an buy stuff I dont need.

1. What kind of kit do I need to change the stock face? From just looking at the current stereo setup, it looks like i am going to have to get a whole new face kit to change what I have to an alpine single din face? Is this correct? Will any professional stereo installation store most likely have something like this in stock or atleast be able to get their hands on something lilke that or am i better off just ordering one from an online store and bringing it in? Any suggestions for a non-bose face replacement? I'm looking fir a very "clean" looking stereo without much sticking out.

2. From what I've read, the alpines seem to work the best with the ipods. Any suggestions which alpine face to get? Should I go another route other than alpine for my ipod connection? The ipod connection is most important to me.

3. With the non-bose stereo, can i still get component speakers for the front or is this not possible? I'm looking for something along the lines of the infinity kappa 6.5'' components, but will those even work with my car setup? I dont see anywhere to put the tweeters. Can I even get component speakers or should i just go with the regular 2-way 6.5'' speakers?

There seems to be different infinity kappa component 6.5'' speakers. I see that there are the Infinity Kappa perfect 6.1 as well as the Infinity Kappa 60.7 - Which will fit my car? Any other front speaker suggestions. I like rap, so I lilke it loud and with bass.

4. What do you suggest I do with the rear speakers? What size should I get and are they even worth replacing?

5. Should I buy the 6.5'' spacer from Zenclosure for the fronts? From reading previous posts, it seems like they are absolutely needed to replace the front speakers. What about the rears? Are the rears even worth replacing? Will the Zenclosure spacers even fit the rear?

Anything else that I may be missing? All of this stuff is going to go with my one 10'' solobaric L7, Memphis 16-MC1000D amp, and custome Zenclosure for a 10'' L7. Any input at all is very much appreciated. Please help out to make my stereo sounding the best it can (within reason of course). Thanks!

Last edited by pmezo; 04-16-2007 at 10:05 AM.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone?

Old 04-18-2007, 09:50 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
1. What kind of kit do I need to change the stock face? From just looking at the current stereo setup, it looks like i am going to have to get a whole new face kit to change what I have to an alpine single din face? Is this correct? Will any professional stereo installation store most likely have something like this in stock or atleast be able to get their hands on something lilke that or am i better off just ordering one from an online store and bringing it in? Any suggestions for a non-bose face replacement? I'm looking fir a very "clean" looking stereo without much sticking out.

You didn't search very hard for double DIN, because there is a lot of info on this. That said, you need the JDM double DIN kit, which consists of the DD trim piece and the AC controller. www.grubbsperformance.com and www.everythingg35.com.

2. From what I've read, the alpines seem to work the best with the ipods. Any suggestions which alpine face to get? Should I go another route other than alpine for my ipod connection? The ipod connection is most important to me.

I can't help you on this one.

3. With the non-bose stereo, can i still get component speakers for the front or is this not possible? I'm looking for something along the lines of the infinity kappa 6.5'' components, but will those even work with my car setup? I dont see anywhere to put the tweeters. Can I even get component speakers or should i just go with the regular 2-way 6.5'' speakers?

There seems to be different infinity kappa component 6.5'' speakers. I see that there are the Infinity Kappa perfect 6.1 as well as the Infinity Kappa 60.7 - Which will fit my car? Any other front speaker suggestions. I like rap, so I lilke it loud and with bass.

You already have component speakers in the front doors. The tweeters are in the small sail panel at the front corner of the window. 6.5 inch components will fit. You aren't going to get rap music kind of bass out of any 6.5 inch door speaker. That's what subs do.

4. What do you suggest I do with the rear speakers? What size should I get and are they even worth replacing?

The non-Bose only have 6.5 inch speakers in the side panels. You can replace them with coaxial speakers.

5. Should I buy the 6.5'' spacer from Zenclosure for the fronts? From reading previous posts, it seems like they are absolutely needed to replace the front speakers. What about the rears? Are the rears even worth replacing? Will the Zenclosure spacers even fit the rear?

Yes, get the spacers. Replacing the rear speakers is up to do. They don't do much and some people don't use them at all.

Anything else that I may be missing? All of this stuff is going to go with my one 10'' solobaric L7, Memphis 16-MC1000D amp, and custome Zenclosure for a 10'' L7. Any input at all is very much appreciated. Please help out to make my stereo sounding the best it can (within reason of course). Thanks!

What else do you want to do? You'll need to run power wire from the battery to the amp, RCA's from the head unit to the amp, and speaker wires from the amp.

Old 12-30-2013, 12:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pmezo, what set up did you end up putting? do you still have the car, what do you reckon about the sound system?

Old 12-31-2013, 09:27 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,038 Likes on 611 Posts
Originally Posted by franklingc
pmezo, what set up did you end up putting? do you still have the car, what do you reckon about the sound system?
You dug up a 6-year old thread to ask some generic question like that?

Old 12-31-2013, 10:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What is weong with my question, the guy might still have the car and his opinion would be valid. Opinion don't necessary expire after some time.

The following users liked this post:
mikedevalk (04-08-2021)