Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

AC Problem and Stereo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 12:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 G35 - Factory Circuit Board

Hi guys,

I was reading your posts and I noticed that you guys are having the same problem that I had almost a year ago.

I have a circuit board for sale that I purchased, it worked for a bit, then my refurbished deck came and the circuit board has been sitting at home for about 8 months now.

If someone is interested in purchasing I would let it go for $225 obo shipped; preferably within Canada.

I am not on the forums alot, but if you have any quesitons, call me at (780) 993-1507.

I can take pics and email them if someone is interested.

Thanks.

- Ajit

Old 02-21-2009, 01:46 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by rickjames_mr2
Hi guys,

I was reading your posts and I noticed that you guys are having the same problem that I had almost a year ago.

I have a circuit board for sale that I purchased, it worked for a bit, then my refurbished deck came and the circuit board has been sitting at home for about 8 months now.

If someone is interested in purchasing I would let it go for $225 obo shipped; preferably within Canada.

I am not on the forums alot, but if you have any quesitons, call me at (780) 993-1507.

I can take pics and email them if someone is interested.

Thanks.

- Ajit
I down for that! Pics please.

Old 02-23-2009, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by TIRE_SMOKE96
I down for that! Pics please.
I can do that, email address please?

Old 03-05-2009, 04:30 PM
ok... so mine finally started this stuff today.. radio is completely blank but will work with the steering wheel controls.. The ac unit is on and i cannot use any of the buttons to adjust or turn it off or on.. Gonna try to disconnect the neg. cable first.. then i guess call the stealership.. just to see what they say.. DAMN... just when i was gonna pay it off.. always something.

If any of you have any suggestions.. please hollar back. thanks

Old 03-05-2009, 06:27 PM
so, anybody have one of the bad boards laying around? I want a button off of it

Old 03-05-2009, 06:45 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

hey if anyone wants an OEM Radio/Changer/HVAC unit, I got one on ebay for 03-04 models selling....1 hour left.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=290299230345http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=290299230345

Old 03-08-2009, 09:23 AM
This just happened to my wifes 03 sedan. I'd be careful disconnecting the battery. I lost all the presets on the radio by doing that, and now can't get anything. The temp stays on 75 auto A/C, and I can live with that. The wife bitching about the radio I can't. I've spent about an hour this morning searching the threads about this problem. I think our car is an early 03. I'm going to call the dealer tomorrow to see if they will cover it on the voluntary recall. Don't have much hope for that though. Couple of questions:

Some have had the factory radio refurbished. How has that worked out for you, and how much did it cost?

Are there any Maryland members that can recommend a shop to do the DD conversion? I've read that you will loose the dual climate control with the JDM conversion. I can live with that. Will the steering wheel controls still work with this conversion?

Thanks for your help.

Old 03-08-2009, 12:32 PM
steering wheel controls will only work if you get the interface. PAC and Peripheral are the predominant manufacturers that come to mind - models will generally be determined by your choice of deck. They make universal interfaces as well - you need a deck with a wireless remote control in order to program it though.

Old 03-08-2009, 05:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My early 03 is at the dealer right now having the board and radio replaced. The system has been getting steadily worse for the past two years; it typically malfunctioned on hot days up North and we recently moved to Texas. The dealer indicated from their experience that they could just do the board but the radio would fail soon after - I've read this elsewhere, too. I have read about other people with less milage on the car may get this repair done for ~$300.

As an early 03 with 99,500 miles, Infiniti originally refused to work with me on price and wanted to charge about $1600 for parts and install. After some time we negotiated down to $800. For about the same price I could have a DD conversion done, but my wife would never tolerate the new look. Staying stock I expect the thing will fail again in the future.

Infiniti commented that they would have provided more cooperation if I had gotten it fixed before 90,000 miles. Maybe true, maybe not.

Old 03-08-2009, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by harrisot
My early 03 is at the dealer right now having the board and radio replaced. The system has been getting steadily worse for the past two years; it typically malfunctioned on hot days up North and we recently moved to Texas. The dealer indicated from their experience that they could just do the board but the radio would fail soon after - I've read this elsewhere, too. I have read about other people with less milage on the car may get this repair done for ~$300.

As an early 03 with 99,500 miles, Infiniti originally refused to work with me on price and wanted to charge about $1600 for parts and install. After some time we negotiated down to $800. For about the same price I could have a DD conversion done, but my wife would never tolerate the new look. Staying stock I expect the thing will fail again in the future.

Infiniti commented that they would have provided more cooperation if I had gotten it fixed before 90,000 miles. Maybe true, maybe not.
Thanks for the info. Our car has 45,000 garage kept miles on it. I hope my dealer with work with me as well. I'll post the results either way.

Old 03-08-2009, 09:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah I ended up having the same issues on 2003 g35 coupe. I got the dealer to change it 2 times, then he told me that he wouldn't do it again if it malfunctioned. I decided to sell the OEM CD changer/Board and get a aftermarkete Double Din installed. I installed it myself, with a Kenwood 8120 NAv/cd/dvd/ipod, works great now, glad I made the switch before it crapped out again. It was going to cost $600 for the dealer to fix the faulty board and/or cd player, so I figured I'd sell the working one on eBay while I could to get the $$ to pay for the aftermarket. Very happy I did it, works great.

Old 03-11-2009, 06:52 PM
Update: I have an appointment with the dealer next Tuesday. Turns out the dealer installed the circut board covered under the voluntary recall when I had the car in for a crank sensor recall. Car had 10,800 miles at that time. Has 45,000 now. Service writer would not commit to anything over the phone and my expectations are not high. You never know, so I'll see what they have to say. I'll post the results.

Old 03-17-2009, 04:35 PM
Update # 2. Car went to dealer this morning. They said the radio is bad. The service writer contacted Infiniti to see if they would help. The car is out of warranty. Infiniti said they would give me a new radio if I would pay the $100.00 installation fee. I have no problem with that. That's great service, and standing behind your product. I'm not sure many dealers or car companies would have done that. Props to them. I guess the DD conversion will wait until this radio goes bad.

Old 03-17-2009, 04:50 PM
that is called a goodwill repair. A dealer gets a set amount for each car. They can do this at their discretion. Sounds like a good/honest dealer.

Old 03-25-2009, 02:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
damn it i have this problem now too...... first the compression rods both side, then my window motor twice.... and now the radio.....argggh..... tahts what i get for getting the 1st year of a car i guess.....

So do you need circuit board or a new radio or both?

for us 2003, can we get any year radio or does it have to be 2003-2004?

thanks

Last edited by netcbc; 03-25-2009 at 04:00 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AC Problem and Stereo