Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

A/C acting weird, stuck at 60F ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2007 | 02:52 PM
It is normal for the AC to go full speed on Auto because you are telling it that you want the cabin temperature to be 65 degrees (or whatever your temp is set at) so it turns itself on high to accomplish that.

If you go to a DD HU, the AC will still do that, butyour CD player will then work.

Last edited by Gilley; 08-01-2007 at 03:42 PM.
Old 08-01-2007 | 03:15 PM
Well that was a pretty stupid question now that I think about it, I thought something might be acting up though....I plan on the DD and aftermaket HU anyway which is why I thought Id ask....

Do you have any idea if the sideview mirrors not having power could be linked to the HU error...they have no juice to the it seems and yes I did check the fuses which was a PITA but I never did find the problem...

Old 08-01-2007 | 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by elvisin3d
Well that was a pretty stupid question now that I think about it, I thought something might be acting up though....I plan on the DD and aftermaket HU anyway which is why I thought Id ask....

Do you have any idea if the sideview mirrors not having power could be linked to the HU error...they have no juice to the it seems and yes I did check the fuses which was a PITA but I never did find the problem...
I cannot imagine that the stock HU would have any bearing on the side view mirrors not functioning, but I have seen some strange things before!!

I LOVE my G, don't get me wrong, but these cars are an electrical NIGHTMARE!!!

Old 08-01-2007 | 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by jayjay1122
I cannot imagine that the stock HU would have any bearing on the side view mirrors not functioning, but I have seen some strange things before!!

I LOVE my G, don't get me wrong, but these cars are an electrical NIGHTMARE!!!

Yes, Im finding that out the hard way...I have no idea what could cause the mirrors to go dead...Checking/replacing fuses one by one only to get no where doesnt help the process...

Old 08-03-2007 | 05:00 PM
You can check the sensor without removing the panel.
Turn the ignition to ON position, within 10 sec press and hold the OFF switch for 5 sec. Press the Temp UP switch until you see code No. 51 on the display and press the DEF (there are 2 of them, not the one with a square pic) one time, it'll display the ambient sensor temp (located infront of the vehicle, right next to the horns), press the DEF second time for the in-vehicle sensor temp (this is the one located on the lower driver side panel), and press the DEF third time, it'll show the intake sensor temp. My in-vehicle sensor temp was -22F . I pulled the panel off to check the sensor and found out that one of the 2 connection pins was bent. Everything is working good now.
Hope it helps.

Originally Posted by jberry
hello,

I havnt even took apart the dash at the bottom of the steering wheel yet, just been so busy!

I did have my friend at NISSAN/INFINITI check it out, he said when I hit the temp button to 61*C the valve opens up a full 180degrees and all the hot air blows out, he said for every 1*C or one degree up, the valve is supposed to open 1/4" and NOT turn a full 180*. He will check if one of two things is brokem, and I forgot which two he said he will check.

Old 08-05-2007 | 04:04 AM
Sorry don't mean to thread jack or start a new topis in someone else's thread, but does any one know how to get cold air to come in while the a/c is off and ur using the outside air button??? when i have my a/c on its set at 60. When the a/c is off i push the outside air button, but all i get is hot air. i try turning the temp. **** but i kan't adjust the outside air temp. comming in. i kan use the outside air and adjust the temp. when the a/c is on but not when its off.

Old 08-05-2007 | 09:16 AM
|
hey g35ATX,

yup I am seeing -22F on mine as well, I gotta take apart the bottom dash and check it out, thanks for your help!

Old 08-05-2007 | 04:24 PM
Originally Posted by G35_7o2
Sorry don't mean to thread jack or start a new topis in someone else's thread, but does any one know how to get cold air to come in while the a/c is off and ur using the outside air button??? when i have my a/c on its set at 60. When the a/c is off i push the outside air button, but all i get is hot air. i try turning the temp. **** but i kan't adjust the outside air temp. comming in. i kan use the outside air and adjust the temp. when the a/c is on but not when its off.
The outside air can only be cooled when the AC is on. Otherwise, the outside vent air will likely be warmer when it comes inside because it passes through the vent that is under the hood.

Old 08-06-2007 | 11:12 PM
|
Originally Posted by g35ATX
You can check the sensor without removing the panel.
Turn the ignition to ON position, within 10 sec press and hold the OFF switch for 5 sec. Press the Temp UP switch until you see code No. 51 on the display and press the DEF (there are 2 of them, not the one with a square pic) one time, it'll display the ambient sensor temp (located infront of the vehicle, right next to the horns), press the DEF second time for the in-vehicle sensor temp (this is the one located on the lower driver side panel), and press the DEF third time, it'll show the intake sensor temp. My in-vehicle sensor temp was -22F . I pulled the panel off to check the sensor and found out that one of the 2 connection pins was bent. Everything is working good now.
Hope it helps.
This did it!! yay! I took out the panel you have to take out one 10mm then 4 screws under the steering and pop everything out. I found out someone disconnected the white harness going to the cabin sensor!?! now AC is fine and im setting the temp to 69*F

Old 08-08-2007 | 07:49 PM
^^^
Guys,

Do you have any pics/diagrams of this white harness?( As to where it is fed to/from)

I have a schematic from the service manual but its hard to decipher.

Where are these "four screws" under the steering. My cover has only the single 10mm screw in order to remove the bottom cover.

Where exactly is the harness located...behind the radio?

Thx!!!!

Just performed the self diagnotic and the "in vehicle sensor" read -30C( I'm in Canada and no its not supposed to be that cold in the summer...hahaha!!!)

Last edited by 35bills; 08-08-2007 at 07:57 PM.
Old 08-08-2007 | 11:28 PM
35bills, the white connector is on the right side of that panel with the one screw (by the hood latch release) under the steering column. On the front right of that panel are a few slotted openings. That is the air sensor intake. The white connector and black hose are on the back side at that location.

Old 08-09-2007 | 04:41 AM
|
Originally Posted by 35bills
^^^
Guys,

Do you have any pics/diagrams of this white harness?( As to where it is fed to/from)

I have a schematic from the service manual but its hard to decipher.

Where are these "four screws" under the steering. My cover has only the single 10mm screw in order to remove the bottom cover.

Where exactly is the harness located...behind the radio?

Thx!!!!

Just performed the self diagnotic and the "in vehicle sensor" read -30C( I'm in Canada and no its not supposed to be that cold in the summer...hahaha!!!)
i just took out the four screws under the steering wheel so I can better pop out the dash under there, its not necessary though to take out the 4 screws.... but my AC is working fine

Old 08-13-2007 | 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by Gilley
35bills, the white connector is on the right side of that panel with the one screw (by the hood latch release) under the steering column. On the front right of that panel are a few slotted openings. That is the air sensor intake. The white connector and black hose are on the back side at that location.
And just to add to what Gilley is saying, all you need to do is lower the bottom dash panel. The hose will either be disconnected from the sensor or it will disconnected from the white tube...and the sensor cable MAY also be unplugged.

Old 08-13-2007 | 04:24 PM
Thanks jayjay,

I'll be looking at it tomorrow. I

I think the harness is stuck behind something. I'll find it!!!!

Old 02-25-2008 | 05:19 PM
i have the same problem, but when i did the diagnostic, mine read 65, is that normal? but i still don't get the ac on at 61 are higher

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A/C acting weird, stuck at 60F ?