Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Radio/ AC Control Problem HELP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 04:43 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Radio/ AC Control Problem HELP

ok so i was driving and my radio is wokring fine..its just that the display isnt showing and the buttons arent working..i can control it fine with my steering wheel controls..but none of the buttons on the headunit and ac controls are working...what could it be?!...

oh and when i start the car once in a while the buttons work fine..but then after driving a bit all controls go away..

Old 06-15-2007, 05:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had this issue come up three times in the past two years. Basically, the head unit keeps playing but none of the controls work except for the steering wheel. The display doesn't work either. As soon as I restart the car, it's fine. It's really bizarre and so rarely happens that I'm not sure the dealer would be cool with replacing parts. It usually happens when I'm fiddling with the climate controls. Not sure if it's that particular circuit board or the headunit itself.

Old 06-18-2007, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by vick_gandhi
ok so i was driving and my radio is wokring fine..its just that the display isnt showing and the buttons arent working..i can control it fine with my steering wheel controls..but none of the buttons on the headunit and ac controls are working...what could it be?!...

oh and when i start the car once in a while the buttons work fine..but then after driving a bit all controls go away..
same problem any fixes?

Old 06-18-2007, 07:49 PM
i unpluged the battery terminal and plugged it back in...and its fine now

Old 07-29-2007, 12:04 AM
well the problem is back again...and unplugging the battery terminal isnt working anymore...
the ac is stuck on auto ..
and none of the controls seem to be working

what are my options?

any solutiuons?!

Old 07-29-2007, 02:11 AM
Received 56 Likes on 48 Posts
i have the exact same problem. A friend told me to check all the fuses and take them out and plug them back in. Im going to try it tomorow and ill let you know how that works out.

Old 07-30-2007, 12:22 AM
I pulled the Radio fuse out and plugged it back in and the radio seems to be working fine so far, but i cant get the a/c and air flow buttons to work.

Old 07-30-2007, 10:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this has happened to me twice so far on my 03 sedan. anyone have any fixes or ideas as to what could be causing this ?

Old 07-31-2007, 04:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bump ??

Old 08-11-2007, 01:35 AM
anyone know what the part# is for the circuit board and where I can buy it?

Old 08-11-2007, 03:38 AM
its covered under warranty. If your warranty is out then check the dealer for the part.

Old 08-17-2007, 09:58 PM
All, sounds like I have the same issue. Has anyone confirmed how to fix it? Here's what happens, often when I start the car the climate and radio controls on the center stack stop working, this problem just recently started. The car is drivable and headlights work and I have found that if I shut the car off, and restart, it may then work fine.

I will take to the dealer this Wednesday, Please let me know if you fixed this issue, and if you had to go through the dealer, and for how much $$$. Thanks a bunch. I'll repost once I get some feedback from the Dealer next week.

-Ray

Old 08-19-2007, 10:29 PM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
Same issue, same questions...anyone?

Old 08-21-2007, 09:57 PM
I recently got into my 03 G35 sedan today and the exact same problem you just mentioned happened to me, all centre controls went out and the ac was stuck on high then i noticed that my compass was going crazy as soon as i pressed the little compass button which turned it off all lights came back on and everything is working fine ..............i personally do not mind having the compass off anyhow since ive never used it once since i had the car and my cars controls have been working fine for days now so give it a try and post your results im confident if this has worked for me it will work for you too.

Old 08-21-2007, 10:49 PM
dealer quote

Looks like other forums have shown a bunch of guys having this problem - usually on an '03 sedan.

Funny - it happened to me on my '03 sedan. !%@%#^$&$$(!!!!!!

It's gone on and off sporatically over the last 6 months, and has now been off for a couple weeks, and probably for good.

I spoke with the dealer today and they are familiar with the problem, but that they'd need to diagnose the problem, and that it could be a bad radio or some other doo-hickey. Either way, after labor he quoted $550 if it's the radio and $1100 if it's the other thing.

Again, let me state the following: ^%#!@#&#($&$^@!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Radio/ AC Control Problem HELP