Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help adding some bass to my G with Bose. Please help lol.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 02:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help adding some bass to my G with Bose. Please help lol.

Alright fellas this is my third time posting this question lol...im guessin now im posting it in the rite catagory so maybe i can get some help with this.

Im really not into music like that anymore. I used to have a 91 legend that would set alarms off that were down the block and across the street. I still have 1 10 inch sub (my other one fell and broke) which is 2ohms. I also have a 1000 watt 2 channel amp which is also 2ohms for this. Im actually a little skeptical that the G's factory system can handle this bass without being overwhelmed. How does everyone think that will sound?

I am stuck between using this setup and just buying myself a basslink. What im curious about is 1. Does anyone think the g's factory system will be able to handle the power of what i mentioned up top. And 2 would either setup hookup the same to the factory system? Or is the basslink easier to hook up to a factory system? I remember on my 05 maxima i had to use something called the bose pac oem converter or something. Is it the same for the G, and would it be the same for either system i use?

Keep in mind i would like to use what i already have to obviosly save a few bucks and of course i know that it sounds great anyway. I just remember that when these things hit at 2ohms the base was ridiculous, thats my worry the 07 g's bose system will work well with this.

Old 06-17-2007, 03:01 AM
Widdle ya into kindling
I would use your existing sub in a 4080 box, since you already have all the stuff. I remember reading that the older stock stereo is pretty good for after market stuff, I don't know why the newer one would lack in any way. It might be a lot of bass for the stock speakers, but you can always control that with the amp and turn the bass down on the sub.

The 4080 box sets flush in the trunk on either side and holds a 10 inch sub. Here is his website. http://www.4080enclosures.com/
You can search 4080 or email him on this forum if you are interested.

I have one and I highly recommend them, they are of fine quality.

Old 06-17-2007, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by realgone
I would use your existing sub in a 4080 box, since you already have all the stuff. I remember reading that the older stock stereo is pretty good for after market stuff, I don't know why the newer one would lack in any way. It might be a lot of bass for the stock speakers, but you can always control that with the amp and turn the bass down on the sub.

The 4080 box sets flush in the trunk on either side and holds a 10 inch sub. Here is his website. http://www.4080enclosures.com/
You can search 4080 or email him on this forum if you are interested.

I have one and I highly recommend them, they are of fine quality.
ok if i go this route, what do i need to wire it up to the factory bose system? Any specific converters, or just tap into the bose power supply on the amp?

Old 06-17-2007, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by logik05se
ok if i go this route, what do i need to wire it up to the factory bose system? Any specific converters, or just tap into the bose power supply on the amp?
I believe this thread has the info you need:

https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-video-electronics/86249-upgrading-sound-system-keeping-stock-hu.html

Essentially, you can tap in the the wiring before the Bose amp and get the signals you need. That is if your amp accepts balanced input signals.

Old 06-18-2007, 02:10 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by vegaseric
I believe this thread has the info you need:

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86249

Essentially, you can tap in the the wiring before the Bose amp and get the signals you need. That is if your amp accepts balanced input signals.
+1.

See this thread too.
https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-video-electronics/101293-diy-add-sub-your-bose-equipped-g35-coupe.html

The wire colors at the Bose amp should be this, unless things have changed for 05 -07.
Factory speaker harness wiring colors

Front Right + Gray/Silver
Front Right - Yellow/Silver

Front Left + Green/Silver
Front Left - Red/Silver

Rear Door Right + Brown/Silver
Rear Door Right - Black/Silver

Rear Door Left + Green/Yellow
Rear Door Left - Black/Yellow

Rear Deck Right + Blue/Red
Rear Deck Right - Blue/White

Rear Deck Left + Blue/Yellow
Rear Deck Left - White/Green

Head unit output colors

The (+) are all on the same side of the connector.

Head Output Front Right + Orange/Blue
Head Output Front Right - White/Blue

Head Output Front Left + White
Head Output Front Left - Orange

Head Output Rear Right + Blue
Head Output Rear Right - Pink

Head Output Rear Left + Teal
Head Output Rear Left - Purple

Remote Wire Light Blue/ Silver