Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Help reprogramming remote key fob

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 01:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello all,
I can't go any further past step 3 - the hazard lights flash and then I turn the key to the ACC position ... Nothing happens after that.
Please help
Thanks
P. S. went to a local lock smith for a new key and programming - cost $85. Way better than a dealership ($179 for the key + $118 for programming + one hour labor + tax). Damn stealer-ships.

Old 06-28-2012, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by o-five
Hello all,
I can't go any further past step 3 - the hazard lights flash and then I turn the key to the ACC position ... Nothing happens after that.
Please help
Thanks
P. S. went to a local lock smith for a new key and programming - cost $85. Way better than a dealership ($179 for the key + $118 for programming + one hour labor + tax). Damn stealer-ships.
This is exactly where i am at. I turn to the ACC position and press any key on the fob and nothing happens. I even went through with the entire process (just to see maybe it registered without the flash?) and nothing. I would hate to spend a dime on this. Is there something i am doing wrong or can try? Suggestions?

Old 09-01-2012, 10:19 PM
Hi, I bought a 2005 g35 coupe at carmax (not a good experience) . They never gave me the key fob. I’m not sure if my g came with a key fob from the factory. Thank you!

Last edited by Rafael C. Reyes; 09-03-2012 at 12:38 AM.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:01 AM
Hello
The reason why I couldn't get past step 3 is because the key chain fob was a 'dud'.
I went to Nissan and they used a volt meter to check the fob ... It was fried.
So I bought a key chain fob off of a buddy for $40 an it works.
It could be that you have a faulty key chain fob.

Old 09-02-2012, 11:02 AM
]Hello
The reason why I couldn't get past step 3 is because the key chain fob was a 'dud'.
I went to Nissan and they used a volt meter to check the fob ... It was fried.
So I bought a key chain fob off of a buddy for $40 an it works.
It could be that you have a faulty key chain fob.

Old 09-22-2012, 01:39 PM
Does this work with the 06 coupe model? I've inserted the key in and out more than 6 times straight (completely in and out).

Old 01-11-2013, 08:11 PM
Angry Help

My car will not enter programming mode for some reason. I disconnected the battery for fifteen minutes. TWICE. i am so lost!

Old 09-06-2013, 09:00 AM
Did the programming set up, hazards flashed. But my remote did not get program, bad remote? Checked the batteries and + faces towards the plastic

Old 11-04-2013, 05:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
how do you reset the ASTU15 fob? Anyone know?

Old 10-07-2014, 01:05 PM
Can't program after hazards light up and unlocking doors ?

Hey guys so I had bought a remote from amazon and well I went to program it it wasn't working to unlock the doors ( note: it would still make the hazards light up when I hit a button while programing) so I was racking my head trying to figure it out . I also read that you needed the original key to do this and so I bought one from amazon as well . Well I had the key programed and cut for 55 bucks ( **** the dealer ) the guy there tried to program it with the factory key and still nothing. So he then going and gets another remote they had and tried it with that one and it worked. So this entire time I had a faulty remote even though it still will respond while programming. So if you buy one from amazon or ebay and having trouble try and use another controller and see if it works . Lots of times these replicas come out faulty. ( I got lucky and the guy was willing to do and exchange without extra charge )

Old 12-11-2014, 09:53 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i own a 2005 g35 sedan and it has that plastic key. I'm buying an extra key fob and I want to program it myself. I'm in Pomona, California btw. Can anyone direct me to where I can get the programming instructions?

Old 12-15-2014, 09:20 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Rafael C. Reyes
Hi, I bought a 2005 g35 coupe at carmax (not a good experience) . They never gave me the key fob. I’m not sure if my g came with a key fob from the factory. Thank you!
I'm in the same situation as you as I own a 2005 g35 sedan and there's a plastic key in place. So what do we do???

Old 12-20-2014, 08:08 PM
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
I think you can only reprogram 03 and 04 key fobs. Didnt work on my 05. Dealer is $160 for keyfob.

Old 03-23-2015, 11:14 PM
Switched batteries and remote not working anymore!! Tried programming everything seems to go as it says but for some reason it still doenst programm!! Lights flash and all!! Help

Old 04-11-2015, 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by PatrickBoz
Hey I need to reprogram my keyless remote because only 1 of the 2 actually works(And the batteries are fine) but I'm a little confused on how to program the second one so any help would be appreciatedStep 5 is where I'm lost)

1. Close all doors and lock all doors

2. Insert and remove the key from the ignition key cylinder more than six times within 10 seconds.
(The hazard warning lamp will then flash.)
NOTE:
Key should be withdrawn from ignition key cylinder completely each time.

NOTE:
Do not rush the insertion/removal key cycling process. The side
marker/tail/license lamps and interior illumination will flash twice when this step is
accurately completed.

3. Insert key on ignition key cylinder and turn ignition key switch to "AAC" position
At this time, the new ID code is entered and original (previous) ID codes are erase.

4. Press any button on the new remote controller once. (The hazard warning lamp will then flash)

NOTE:
Do not press the button more than one time in the above step. If the button
is pressed more than one time, the programming procedure will not be successful.
The side marker/tail/license lamps and interior illumination will flash twice when this
step is accurately completed and programming is successful.

If there is only one remote controller skip step 5.

5. Additional ID code entry
Release the door lock, then lock again with door lock/unlock switch
(In power window main switch)

6. Remove key from ignition

7. Unlock driver side door, open driver side door and then close the door. (END)

NOTE:
If you need to activate more than two additional new remote controllers, repeat
the procedure on step 5 "Additional ID code entry" for each new remote controller.
Hi, I have a 2003 Coupe and I lost my remote so I ordered 2 from amazon and about to program them today. But I do not understand your instructions for programming the additional remote. (Do I "Release the door lock" with the remote or the button by the door?)
Can you reword it for me? Anyone, help would be appreciated.

EDIT: I programmed both remotes package came with a more detailed instructions

1. Get inside the vehicle close and LOCK all doors using the lock/unlock switch on the
driver's side door. (do not use the remote)
2. Insert your key into the ignition and remove it 6 times within 10 seconds. You will need
to fully insert and remove the key during this step each time in roughly one second
intervals. The hazard lamps will flash when done correctly. If the hazards do not flash do
the procedure 10 times rather than 6.
3. Insert the key in the ignition and turn it to the ACC position.
4. Within 5 seconds push the lock button once on the new remote(your hazards will flash
confirming programming.
5. If you have other remotes including new and existing working remotes follow this step, if
not skip to step 6. UNLOCK then LOCK the doors by using the lock/unlock switch on the
driver's side door. (do not use the remote) Within 5 seconds press the lock button on the
remote you are now programming. Your hazard lamps will flash to confirm programming.
Repeat this same process for all remaining remotes to be programmed.
6. Once you have programmed all remotes turn the ignition to OFF and completely remove
the key from the ignition. UNLOCK all doors using the lock/unlock switch on the driver's
side door. (do not use the remote)
7. Test all remotes to confirm programming.

I got my remote from Amazon with the seller from remotesremotes(dot)com
Did it in 30 secs

Last edited by Vanessarino; 04-11-2015 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Problem solved

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help reprogramming remote key fob