Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Class action lawsuit - Ridiculous Cd Changer Failure...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 10:57 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
I don't really understand your frustration.

If it's out of warranty IT'S OUT OF WARRANTY!

I'm pretty sure that BMW is going to tell you the same thing when you bring them a car that is out of warranty by a second or an inch.

Old 08-27-2007, 10:59 AM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Not a bad idea.

Old 08-27-2007, 11:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my cd changer went out on my 05 about a month ago- im at 38000+ miles and i had my changer replaced under warranty

Old 08-27-2007, 02:19 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My changer failed in my 2nd month of ownership, dealer replaced it, got my CD's back in about 2 wks. I knew that this could be a problem B4 I bought, as I had the same problem with my 04 Maxima, which, dealer replaced also.

Old 08-27-2007, 02:31 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
Bottom line... x amount of miles or x amount amount of months, whichever occurs first with vehicle warranties. Know it seems unfair, but thats how it is.
IMHO...you'd be better off with a non-Bose aftermarket unit anyways.

Oil consumption issue on the other hand...count me in. I'd sign in a heartbeat.

Last edited by V35 Skyline GT; 08-27-2007 at 02:33 PM.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:52 PM
I will sign the petition. Tell me when!! A four year old car should not be having thsese problems. Let's do it girls and boys!!

Old 08-27-2007, 09:20 PM
so true

Old 08-27-2007, 10:09 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Defective CD players are on that notorious list of Infiniti Issues along with premature tire wear and rattles.

Old 08-28-2007, 12:18 AM
vbx
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bocatrip
Defective CD players are on that notorious list of Infiniti Issues along with premature tire wear and rattles.
Anyone figured out why the tires wear out so quick? My rear axle bolt was loose and I got that fixed. Still cant seem to figure out why the tires wear out so fast. I do have RAS but that should't effect my thread wear that bad.

Old 08-28-2007, 12:33 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Bose head unit when out after 1 year. I was told that it was a known problem and they had to wait for the units to blow before they could do something.

Old 08-28-2007, 12:52 AM
sick and tired with the infiniti....... but i just cant stop driving it

Old 08-28-2007, 01:31 AM
Originally Posted by vbx
Wow, my Integra, a 5 speed, 11 year old car, doesn't have that "normal operating noise". Weird. My shifter on the Integra also doesn't vibrate at all when compare to the G. My tires, 17" falkens, the cheapest tires in the world, lasted me 80k+.. And I drive this car like it was stolen. Not only that, it does all that with better gas milage.
I'm sorry, but did you honestly say that? Clutch chatter is normal in a lot of cars; it all depends on the specific setup. The shifter on the Integra doesn't vibrate as much because it's connected through shift linkage, not directly to the transmission. Lastly, those tires lasted longer because they're cheap and hard, and your car didn't have close to the hp of the G. Likely, also, is that your suspension/camber setup wasn't quite as aggressive.... Completely different cars....

Old 08-28-2007, 02:07 AM
I mean how could you be whining about the warranty did you buy the car without knowing how long it lasted? or if it even still existed?

Also with the tire wear issue can be fixed and extend tire life with realigning the camber and toe set up to be less aggressive, since the G35c already comes with a aggressive camber toe set up, but as you know the tire life isnt so great with it

Old 08-28-2007, 04:08 AM
Originally Posted by JOKER
I don't really understand your frustration.

If it's out of warranty IT'S OUT OF WARRANTY!

I'm pretty sure that BMW is going to tell you the same thing when you bring them a car that is out of warranty by a second or an inch.
My frustration is that buying a $35-$40k vehicle and to only have essential features of that vehicle go bad right after the warranty mark seems like a low quality product. I mean lets face it, when you purchase a vehicle do you expect for that car to run after its warranty has past? Sure do! Do you expect that car to start falling apart at mileages below 35k? Not if I'm pay that price! To me it sounds like you're the perfect customer for for a dealership to make money from making this comment. Regardless of warranty issues or not some things need to be handled by the manufacturer. This is why we have recalls. In this situation I personally believe the high rate of failure of the cd changer should permit a recall on these units or some comparable replacement.

As for being pretty sure about BMW telling you the same, you are wrong. I have owned two 5 series both out of warranty by a far margin and BMW has taken care of a few common issues including replacing the gauge cluster b/c of bad pixels AT NO CHARGE! I can also tell you that I'm not the ony one who has receive these services. Several BMW owners on various boards can vouch for out-of-warranty services at no charge.

I've heard so many stories of dealerships bending their customers over and lying about common problems to earn an extra dollar at the owners expense. Whether you want to be that person or not is up to you guys. The reason I urge you all to take action is not so much to repair my unit or yours, but to prevent Infiniti's negligence from further expanding into their new products and showing them that relying on a warranty issue will not always get them out of the dirt. In the end we all end up buying a better, more reliable quality product because of our actions.

Last edited by Socale39; 08-28-2007 at 04:12 AM.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:17 AM
Originally Posted by PEtaG35
I mean how could you be whining about the warranty did you buy the car without knowing how long it lasted? or if it even still existed?

Also with the tire wear issue can be fixed and extend tire life with realigning the camber and toe set up to be less aggressive, since the G35c already comes with a aggressive camber toe set up, but as you know the tire life isnt so great with it

I didn't know that stereos in an Infiniti only lasted 32k miles and sometimes less.....

Usually when I purchase a vehicle I figure even after a 30k mi warranty, my cd changer should still work. But hey thats just me and then again thats probably why I have decided to own BMWs or any other maufacturer at that....lol.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Class action lawsuit - Ridiculous Cd Changer Failure...