Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

G35 Coupe Navigation Question.. Auto Day/Night

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 01:31 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
G35 Coupe Navigation Question.. Auto Day/Night

This question is for anyone here with the Navigation system in their G35 Coupes....

When I first bought my G back in '04, the Navigation system used to switch back and forth between day and night mode automatically whenever the headlights came on. For example, driving in the day with the headlights off.. my navigation would be on the bright(day) mode, and then when it started to get dark and I turned my headlights on, the Navigation backcoloring would drop to the darker night setting.

I went into my Navigation settings a few months ago and played with the Nav brightness and day/night settings, and now it doesn't auto-switch between day and night mode anymore when the headlights come on. The Nav is either in Day or Night mode and I have to manually change it.

I'd like to get it back to the way that it was before where it switched between day and night mode automatically... does anyone know how to do that?

If worse comes to worst, I may have to do a full NAV reset and hope that works for restoring everything back to default parameters according to what this post says for a reset procedure:

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...26amp%3B+reset

Old 09-04-2007, 01:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This usually happens when your auto lights are off but you manually put the display in dark mode. It looses the synchronization. If your lights are off and its in dark mode, put the light on auto( make sure its bright outside so the lights dont turn on) and then put the nav in light mode manually. Next time your lights turn on the display sohould go dark. Atleast this is what I did in my 06.

Old 09-04-2007, 11:57 AM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by tomcatm
This usually happens when your auto lights are off but you manually put the display in dark mode. It looses the synchronization. If your lights are off and its in dark mode, put the light on auto( make sure its bright outside so the lights dont turn on) and then put the nav in light mode manually. Next time your lights turn on the display sohould go dark. Atleast this is what I did in my 06.
It was something like that. I figured it out the night I made this post. By screwing around with the day/night button, it somehow started to work again where it switches to the day/night mode on it's own based on whether or not the headlights are on or off.

Old 09-04-2007, 11:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yup, its when you override the auto switching by pressing the day/night button that it goes out of wack. All you have to do it turn the lights on (on auto) and siwtch it to night mode, or turn off the light(still in auto mode) and swtch to day mode.