Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Pioneer avic-z2 Problem... Help Plz~

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 03:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Pioneer avic-z2 Problem... Help Plz~

Hey guys... for some reason my Z2 Head Unit has been acting really really strage lately. Okay, so here's the story: About 3-4 weeks ago, when i start my car, i looked at my Z2 and yeah, for some reason it just got stuck in the introduction screen but since it's connected to my Ipod, the musics still seem to play with no problem, just that now since i can't get throught the intro screen, i can no longer select the songs i like though the Z2 head unit. Since i was really busy at school, I just let the Navi Chill and never really thought of fixing it.. then the next day, for some reason, it starts working fine again. It went throught the intro screen no problem then i was like.. OH! everything must be fine then. It's functioning properly for about 2 more days.. then the freezing problem happened again.... well.. since then,that problem has been happening on and off, and i still haven't found a way to fix it. I am thinking maybe i should reset it, but i can't seem to find a reset button on the Z2. I later notice whenever the N2 freeze, the only way it might fix itself is to just leave my car there for like a day or something, and the next day it usually has a high chance of working again. But if i just turn the car on and off attempting to restart the Navi, it wont work....if it freezes the first time, it usually continue to freeze no matter how many time i restart the car. I am just wondering has anyone heard of such problem or know what might have cause those problems on my Headunit and what should i do about it? Thanks In Advance.

Old 10-20-2007, 12:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First of all you are posting in the wrong section, it should be Tech Area under the audio, video and electronic. About your Z2 problem, go to this site and download the update http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...027848,00.html. You should know Z1 or Z2 has the start up problem under the cold condition. It start up better when its hot. I hope this help.