Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Another OEM Navi Conversion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 11:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the dvd control unit u would have to buy from infiniti/ebay or maybe even try out Lqk http://www.lkqonline.com/. if u go on ebay right now there should be one up for bid....try out this link for removing ur panels http://www.g35frenzy.com/downloads/2...anual/I/ip.pdf
Originally Posted by prathap
HI G-rated,

I have 04 G35 sedan. It was factory installed. My DVD drive has gone bad. Is this any DVD drive or do I have to buy one from infiniti itself?

I have been trying to remove the center box , so that I can look at the DVD drive, whether or not I can install another one. I 'm having a hard time removing it. D you have any instructions on removing DVD drive?

Thanks in advance,

Prathab

Old 11-13-2007, 11:38 AM
VIP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey

Originally Posted by G-Rated
get the bracket for the navi...or modified the stock bracket. you'll need the screen, dvd control unit, navi switch, gps antenna. and to make it easier to install wire harness with the pigtail. i've seen on ebay might be on there still its goin for pretty cheap..
do u have the link ???

Old 11-15-2007, 10:23 AM
the dvd control unit u would have to buy from infiniti/ebay or maybe even try out Lqk http://www.lkqonline.com/. if u go on ebay right now there should be one up for bid....try out this link for removing ur panels http://www.g35frenzy.com/downloads/2...anual/I/ip.pdf
Thanks so much for your help. I have the same PDF as well. In or oder for me remove the DVD drive, I guess I would need to remove the center box first.

Per the instructions on your PDF, it says remove the screw on the center box upper lid. I don't know where exactly its at? I am looking above the glove box lib and I don't see a screw there. Perhaps, I need to take something else apart, so that I can get to that screw.

As you probably figured by now, I'm a newbie to this type of work. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

PK

Old 11-15-2007, 04:51 PM
Thanks so much for your help. I have the same PDF as well. In or oder for me remove the DVD drive, I guess I would need to remove the center box first.

Per the instructions on your PDF, it says remove the screw on the center box upper lid. I don't know where exactly its at? I am looking above the glove box lib and I don't see a screw there. Perhaps, I need to take something else apart, so that I can get to that screw.

As you probably figured by now, I'm a newbie to this type of work. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

PK
G-rated,

Could you give me a couple of steps that you followed for you to remove the center box, when you installed your NAV? I have the same PDF as well. It's not very clear as to what screws need to be removed for the center box to be removed.

Thanks,

PK

Old 11-15-2007, 08:02 PM

Thanks,

PK
G-rated,

Could you give me a couple of steps that you followed for you to remove the center box, when you installed your NAV? I have the same PDF as well. It's not very clear as to what screws need to be removed for the center box to be removed.

Thanks,

PK

Old 11-15-2007, 10:08 PM
get the bracket for the navi...or modified the stock bracket. you'll need the screen, dvd control unit, navi switch, gps antenna. and to make it easier to install wire harness with the pigtail. i've seen on ebay might be on there still its goin for pretty cheap..
I just picked it up, full navis set up with pigtails. Wish me luck

Old 11-15-2007, 10:56 PM
G-rated,

Thanks,

PK

glove box... has 4screws when open inside top ..and also one at the bottom left and right outside the glove box...u'll have to remove the right plastic panels and rubber....and just pull...

Old 11-16-2007, 09:45 AM
glove box... has 4screws when open inside top ..and also one at the bottom left and right outside the glove box...u'll have to remove the right plastic panels and rubber....and just pull...

Thanks so much for your help. I was able to remove it. I guess in the past, I had all the screws removed but wasn't pulling hard enough. Well, there wasn't much I could do. something is wrong with the drive. Everyone on ebay don't want to sell the drive by itself. They want to sell the whole set.

Old 11-16-2007, 10:12 AM
here one i just seen on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-04...spagenameZWDVW either buy this or buy the pioneer avic-d3 and hook up a tvnavi to go lol now that wouldnt be a badasss setup either

Thanks so much for your help. I was able to remove it. I guess in the past, I had all the screws removed but wasn't pulling hard enough. Well, there wasn't much I could do. something is wrong with the drive. Everyone on ebay don't want to sell the drive by itself. They want to sell the whole set.

Old 11-16-2007, 10:26 AM
im thinkin this is why the navi control unit cant read my fuel in the combination meter http://www.riversideinfiniti.com/j/i...LineParts.html

someone please correct me...seems to be a cluster with navi option and without... who figures

Old 11-16-2007, 10:33 AM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
+1. Awesome install though!
Originally Posted by kernel843
Now you should put in a DD monitor. Maybe it's just me, but I always thought it looked cool having both monitors.

Old 11-16-2007, 10:42 AM
just called up a lkq for salvage parts and they ask if i needed the cluster with navi or without so i guess it does matter...i've seen a few wires back there with the same color code damn i dont want to just tap into it lol ....so tempting

Old 11-25-2007, 01:50 AM
Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts
thanks for all the info

Old 11-25-2007, 06:01 AM
here is the navi from an 05 into an 05 coupe i bought off ebay. the install was pretty str8 forward color match the wires couldnt be any easier i also download the wire diagram which was on this site which was very helpful. i know i couldve went with an aftermarket deck with navi and dvd player which wouldve cost less then the $1000.00 including tax i paid for the navi. but hey i love the look of the stock navi how it pops up when the key is in. everything works great with the cd vstypicals provided me which is also a memeber on here. only thing i couldnt get to work is in the info screen i cant get to the fuel info it doesnt even show up only option i have is checkin the trip and when to do oil changes. if someone can help me that'll be great if not then its koo i guess thats what the cluster is for.i needed this option because i just recently moved to utah so i guess it'll be put to use.

GET A DOUBLE DIN SCREEN ASAP. That headunit you got there looks ugly in the G and the piece of plastic you used under it to cover the din that you're not using looks cheap.
Good job on installing the OEM navi though.

Old 11-25-2007, 07:16 PM
thanks no problem lol...i know it looks ugly but it'll do till spring time till i get something like the pioneer avic-3...i cant stand it myself either haha....it was either the dd screen or 06 bumper so i had to go for the bumper first

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Another OEM Navi Conversion