Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Another OEM Navi Conversion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 11:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another OEM Navi Conversion

here is the navi from an 05 into an 05 coupe i bought off ebay. the install was pretty str8 forward color match the wires couldnt be any easier i also download the wire diagram which was on this site which was very helpful. i know i couldve went with an aftermarket deck with navi and dvd player which wouldve cost less then the $1000.00 including tax i paid for the navi. but hey i love the look of the stock navi how it pops up when the key is in. everything works great with the cd vstypicals provided me which is also a memeber on here. only thing i couldnt get to work is in the info screen i cant get to the fuel info it doesnt even show up only option i have is checkin the trip and when to do oil changes. if someone can help me that'll be great if not then its koo i guess thats what the cluster is for.i needed this option because i just recently moved to utah so i guess it'll be put to use.

Old 11-11-2007, 11:31 PM
Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
looks nice! how much did u pay for the oem navi

Old 11-12-2007, 12:13 AM
thanks, i won it on ebay for $950.00

Old 11-12-2007, 12:23 AM
SEC > Big 12
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Now you should put in a DD monitor. Maybe it's just me, but I always thought it looked cool having both monitors.

Old 11-12-2007, 12:28 AM
Originally Posted by kernel843
Now you should put in a DD monitor. Maybe it's just me, but I always thought it looked cool having both monitors.

i was thinkin of the pioneer avic-3 just for the passengers but thats gonna have to be after winter... just waitin on my sport bumper from a member here and im good for now......

Old 11-12-2007, 12:47 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Very nice. I dont know if you read my thread about doing this but you did a good job. I dont know if its the same for you but, my gas mileage shows up after driving around for a minute. When you first go into the gas mileage information screen, it'll just show *.* for gas mileage. But after driving around a while, it'll show the actual gas economy. If it's not that way for you, maybe you should check your COM data wires. That is where the navi gets its gas info. There is a diagnostic screen that you can go to by holding the map button and the night/day mode button at the same time for more than 5 seconds. This diagnostic will test whether all your connections are correct. Good luck =]

Old 11-12-2007, 01:04 AM
Old 11-12-2007, 01:06 AM
Originally Posted by lilsnoozer
Very nice. I dont know if you read my thread about doing this but you did a good job. I dont know if its the same for you but, my gas mileage shows up after driving around for a minute. When you first go into the gas mileage information screen, it'll just show *.* for gas mileage. But after driving around a while, it'll show the actual gas economy. If it's not that way for you, maybe you should check your COM data wires. That is where the navi gets its gas info. There is a diagnostic screen that you can go to by holding the map button and the night/day mode button at the same time for more than 5 seconds. This diagnostic will test whether all your connections are correct. Good luck =]

i will try that thanks... actually i started reading about your conversion and was like damn looks nice gotta try it out. good thing ebay sold the whole set or else if i had to buy parts by parts i wouldve thought twice about this project lol

Old 11-12-2007, 01:49 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
haha good stuff. let me know how everything works out. feel free to ask me any questions.

Old 11-12-2007, 07:52 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Nice work. Did you take pics during the install to make a DIY?

Old 11-12-2007, 09:32 AM
Originally Posted by Gilley
Nice work. Did you take pics during the install to make a DIY?

to tell u the truth i didnt because i thought it would take me hours. it ended up only taken about 4hrs. it came with the whole main harness but i figure it'll be easier just to cut the wires and color match them. cant really go wrong. i started the project with many question but as soon as i tap the first wire everything got more clear. check out those other trends i posted up should be 3 links. hope this encourages more of the members on here to do a project like this.

Old 11-12-2007, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by lilsnoozer
wires are in for the data 3wires goin through the small plug in the cluster but for some reason it cant be read...what do u think it is?i know its not important to see the fuel info but it would be nice just to know its there thanks...i know its in right...could a bad ground be a problem?

Old 11-12-2007, 09:25 PM
VIP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if you have double din with the indash .. and got a OEM navi installed.. what would you need to get ? will it just drop in ? how does that work ? i have a 04.. coupe

Old 11-12-2007, 09:44 PM
get the bracket for the navi...or modified the stock bracket. you'll need the screen, dvd control unit, navi switch, gps antenna. and to make it easier to install wire harness with the pigtail. i've seen on ebay might be on there still its goin for pretty cheap..

Old 11-12-2007, 10:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Navi gone bad

HI G-rated,

I have 04 G35 sedan. It was factory installed. My DVD drive has gone bad. Is this any DVD drive or do I have to buy one from infiniti itself?

I have been trying to remove the center box , so that I can look at the DVD drive, whether or not I can install another one. I 'm having a hard time removing it. D you have any instructions on removing DVD drive?

Thanks in advance,

Prathab

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Another OEM Navi Conversion