Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Does the service manual have wiring diagrams?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2004, 12:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does the service manual have wiring diagrams?

Hi,
I am trying to decide if I should buy an aftermarket alarm or additions to the OEM alarm. I have been reading that it is possible to break our lock mechanism on the door and then somehow disconnect our alarm. If this is true then it would probably be a waste to buy additions (motion sensors etc) for my existing alarm. Unfortunatly, I cannot find a wiring diagram anywhere other then @ nissantechinfo.com, which has a fee. Before I pay this fee I want to be sure it includes a complete set of wiring diagrams. Has anyone bought this manual? Does it have a wiring diagram? Thanks.

Old 02-28-2004, 08:19 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Does the service manual have wiring diagrams?

Yes, the Service Manual includes dozens of wiring diagrams. Section BL (Body, Lock, and Security) probably contains what you are looking for. Also keep in mind that for the one-day subscription fee of $20, you can download ALL the sections of the SM.

<font color=blue>'04 G35S 5AT, Black Obsidian/Willow, Prem/Nav/Sat</font color=blue>

Old 02-28-2004, 09:13 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

it is possible to break our lock mechanism on the door and then somehow disconnect our alarm

<hr></blockquote>
no, it does not "disconnect our alarm." It just puts the windows down. The alarm is still fully functional. Regardless, there is a post on freshalloy with a method to deactivate the window down using your key feature, to prevent this.

Keep in mind, that if you have a shock/motion sensor, i can't see any way someone could pop the door handle mechanism and get the windows down without triggering the sensor.....and no shock sensor or alarm system can stop someone from just smashing a window and grabbing something inside the car.

it would probably be a waste to buy additions (motion sensors etc) for my existing alarm.

<hr></blockquote>
i came to the opposite conclusion. For me an aftermarket seemed like a waste. With a 6MT they would not install a remote start unit and I wouldn't use it if they did. So all I would get from it is an ignition kill, siren and 2 stage shock sensor. The car allready cannot be started without the key, so ignition kill is a waste. And our stock horns are pretty darn loud. So i went with just adding the shock sensor on my own. Saved about $565 on the alarm.

Also.....someone may be developing a dual stage add on unit for the shock sensor, which would make its functionality even better.

Does it have a wiring diagram?

<hr></blockquote> Dude, it has EVERYTHING, you could practically build the car with it.

03 6MT coupe, red/willow, premium, aero, splash guards, alum pedals, clear corners, 15% tint

Old 02-28-2004, 02:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Regardless, there is a post on freshalloy with a method to deactivate the window down using your key feature, to prevent this.

<hr></blockquote>

Oh this would be great. Unfortunately, Freshalloy forums seem to be having problems today (i cannot get on). Been poking around the rest of the web and havn't found anything. Maybe if you remember how you can do a write-up on these forums=).

i came to the opposite conclusion. For me an aftermarket seemed like a waste.

<hr></blockquote>

if i can get away with not buying an aftermarket alarm I am all for it.

Thanks for the info.