Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Orlando DD install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 11:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Orlando DD install. Know any Installers?

I'm in Orlando. Any recommendations on who to use for a conversion to DD. I have an 03 6mt with factory Nav. And don't say Best buy or circuit city unless you can name the person i need to ask for.

Last edited by Symbolic-G; 01-22-2008 at 08:47 PM.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:28 PM
radio active on west colonial or ultimate audio, both are good in my opinion, me personally I do all of my own work but stuff I cant I send to radio active 1st and if their booked i send it to ultimate audio

Old 01-21-2008, 07:59 PM
Thanks Bro

Thanks, i have their info, but it would be hard for me to drop it off over there during the day.
Does anyone know some one up around Altamonte or close to the airport.

Old 01-21-2008, 10:17 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
You need to get the DD parts for the installation and take it with you to the shop.

Old 01-21-2008, 11:02 PM
Ok, But...

Ok, but I am not really an "audiophile" like some of you. Does someone have a complete list of what I will need?

I'm getting that damned ERR F0 error on my changer!!! And from what i see here, there is no sense in replacing something that is just going to break again.

Last edited by Symbolic-G; 01-21-2008 at 11:07 PM. Reason: addition
Old 01-22-2008, 06:17 AM
Location: Centerburg, Ohio (the geographical center of the Buckeye State)
Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Symbolic-G
Ok, but I am not really an "audiophile" like some of you. Does someone have a complete list of what I will need?

I'm getting that damned ERR F0 error on my changer!!! And from what i see here, there is no sense in replacing something that is just going to break again.

do you have 03-04, 05+? check grubbs or riverside infiniti for DD "Kit" which includes dash trim finisher, JDM Ac controller. You can also get the Metra kit which has become more popular b/c its cheaper (which IMO is reflected how cheaper it looks, but thats personal opinion ).

you will also need nissan antenna adapter and Wire harness adapter (that you connect your aftermarket HU wire harness to the stock wire harness) e.g. Scorsche NN03.

If you are using stock Bose amp, then you should buy your own LOCs (line output converters)..otherwise, you have to buy usually overpriced LOCs from your installer.

Hope this helps.... good luck! If you can do it yourself, #1 you will save alot of installation costs and #2, you will gain a certain appreciation of you and your car and become one with your car with great satisfaction accomplishing this somewhat difficult project. BUT, if you do not know what you're doing, do take it somewhere to have it done. The last thing you want to do is scratch your shifter console, fry your AC board, blow multiple fuses, screw up your BCM, ruin your AC controller harness connector (you know who you are who have done this already ).

doc

Old 01-22-2008, 08:02 PM
It's a 2003. There are also aftermarket amps already installed. And a 4080 box?

Any one else in Orlando know a good installer.