Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Will the Parrot Bluetooth CK3100 Fit in our Ashtray?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 02:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will the Parrot Bluetooth CK3100 Fit in our Ashtray?

In my last car I had bluetooth integration via the parrot unit. I really enjoyed it and was thinking of getting it again for this car. Below are the tech specs. I was wondering if the keypad will be able to fit into the ashtray?

Parrot CK3100 LCD Black Edition

Dimensions
LCD screen / keypad:
2.8 x 1.7 x 0.5 in. – 2.6 oz
(72 x 43 x 15 mm – 74 g)

Old 01-21-2008, 03:21 PM
Sorry for the stupid question but how exactley do they work? Also is the wiring a big problem?

Old 01-21-2008, 09:45 PM
Evil Bastard
i can't say i know the measurements of the ashtray off the top of my head, but it should be doable with a simple tape measure. Based on the measurements of the unit itself, i'd guess that the problem you'll run into is getting it to fit height wise (top of screen to bottom of the buttons). width and thickness should not be a problem.

or you can do what i do with everything, and just velcro that biotch on somewhere. I can't believe my exhaust and glass eye hasn't fallen off yet.

but yeah... height might be a problem.

Old 01-23-2008, 07:36 AM
I just installed the CK3100 in my '06 G sedan. I hid the Parrot blue box up behind the passenger heater duct. I used a direct connect kit from Quick Connect and that box went under the mounting brace behind the Radio/AC finish bezel and the control/display went between just above the drivers right AAC vent. If i get a chance I will try to take a picture.

Rich Dunklee
NR2D

Old 01-29-2008, 04:18 PM
I installed it in 05 sedan on this past weekend. It was the Ck3100 with the quickconnectproducts.com wiring harness. The parrot bluetooth control box is above the driver's feet sitting above the plastic shroud and wire-tied there tucked out of the way. The quickconnectproduct control box is under the plastic shroud in the passenger compartment under the glove box, near the side vents. I wanted that to be easy to get at in case I change my mind on the volume level or the fuses blow, tucking it behind the radio could mean that I would have take everything apart to get at it. That was my thinking anyway.

Now to the question about it fitting in the ashray...That was my original plan because I thought it would be a nice and clean install. When I had everything apart and I started to look closer at the LCD screen and the ashtray I believed it wouldn't fit even after quite a bit of dremel work. The problem is that the wire to the LCD unit comes out of the bottom. If it was to come to out of the back then I think you could trim everything to fit. I ended up putting in the head unit of it in the space that would house the nav screen. Mine is empty so there it went. I ran the mic up to the post for the review mirror and have it poking out of there.

If anyone wants some pics of where I put everything I can post them to the thread.

Old 01-30-2008, 04:58 PM
Photos please....

Old 02-08-2008, 02:11 PM
So here is the Parrot installation. The light was very poor and therefore the quality of the pictures is bad. Plus, I can't take very good pictures.
The microphone is right above the rear view mirror, the bluebox that you see is the parrot controller and that is tucked behind the plastic near the brake pedal and wire tied out of the way. The other box, with the purple fuses in it, is tucked in behind the plastic in the passenger side near the carpet and center console. I put this there because this is what partially controls the volume of the parrot, there are two volume screws on it which may need to be tweaked. Also, there are two fuses there and if the fuses are there, they may need to be changed at some point. The wiring harness was just long enough for me to stash the box in the passenger side where I did. Another 2 inches would have made it a lot easier.
I use the voice commands for calling so I don't really need to open the nav cover to access the LCD screen. The only case is if a call comes in and I want to see who it is.
I just really wish the LCD would have fit in the ashtray for sure.