Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Little Fuse Help Needed for 4 Gauge Amp Wire

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 05:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Little Fuse Help Needed for 4 Gauge Amp Wire

I currently have a sub, amp, computer in my trunk hooked up to a distro block with a 4 gauge wire going to my battery. Everything was working fine for a couple years when it was all installed until recently I had to put in a new battery.

Now what happens is sometimes the sub, computer won't start on ignition (as it should) or sometimes I will be driving and hear the sub hit and turn on/off. There's no real rhyme or reason when it does this. Things just seem off so I'd have to guess it was the fuse or possibly the fuse holder, right? Would it be possible to have this kind of behavior or do you think its something else? It could also be a bad ground I assume but since nothing was touched where the ground is I figured that was not the culprit.

I read you can go up to 125 amps max on the fuse for a 4 gauge and anything less is sufficient.

Would I be okay with going with something like this:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=search

That should be okay, correct? Also where can I purchase a fuse holder for the car from? I guess I should first swap out the fuse and see if that does it. The fuse holder is getting a little worn out but i can't figure that would be the problem. Any help is appreciated!

Last edited by Pratik; 02-18-2008 at 05:23 PM.