Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Gee Wiz Info for new G Owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2008 | 04:25 PM
|
Gee Wiz Info for new G Owner

Hi Guys and Gals,

I just bought a O5 G35 coupe 6MT (scroll down to the black 05 w/24K miles if your interested in a look) http://www.infinitiofkirkland.com/?h...nitiofkirkland

Im going to be interested in putting in an after market stereo/speakers/bluetooth/sub here shortly. I've seen some threads on here with some awesome car stereo setups, which tells me I can put an after market unit in. I'm interested in learning how the stereos fit into the brushed aluminum center consoles our G's have. Does the brushed aluminum centerpiece have to be modified to fit those large 6.5/7" display radios, can i fit a normal after market style stereo in there? I like Alpine, and Kenwwod, and I want to add good ipod control as well as a blue tooth support. DVD playback as well as GPS would be a perk but not necessarily needed, not at first anyway. Any suggestions/knowledge you have on the topic would be great appreciated, or even if you could point me in the direction of a thread I've missed I'd really appreciate it.

Secondly I'd like some suggestions and some nods in the rite direction about making the exterior of the car look cleaner. I.E. removing some of the lettering, clear corners (even though im not sure what those are?). My previous two cars were a 94 explorer and a 67 mustang so this kinda stuff is new to me. Again, any hints, suggestions, pictures, links would be greatly appreciated.

I'd like to become less ignorant on these topics so thank you very much for all your help,

Eric

Old 02-19-2008 | 05:46 PM
For your first question, if you are looking to add a double din screen to your car, there is a special dash kit made for this. I suppose you could try to cut up your stock dash but the best thing to do would be to buy the double din kit. Here is a link to a vendor...

https://g35driver.com/forums/questionable-posts/167927-g35-double-din-kits-back-stock.html

For your second question, it pretty much depends on your personal taste. Many common exterior mods are to debadge the car, upgrade the headlights to the 06+ headlights which have projectors, upgrade the tails to 06+, lower the car, and add rims...There are many exterior mods that can be done, best thing to do is to look around the boards and get some ideas, then incorporate them with your own taste and style...

Old 02-19-2008 | 06:33 PM
Hi Eric, congratulations on getting the G35.

Old 02-19-2008 | 06:47 PM
|
Thanks 1trueG, and 2K6G35!! Wow that kit is pricey!

Is there a kit for non double din?

Keep the info coming this is great.