Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Which cables for '05 non-Bose to Avic D-3 upgrade?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 02:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which cables for '05 non-Bose to Avic D-3 upgrade?

Hey -

I'm sorry for such a basic question, but I'm finally getting around to thinking about a HU upgrade for my '05 base 6MT. I've given up the idea of a new car for a couple years, but I'd love to have nav and ipod, and the D-3 seems like a cheap and effective solution.

Here's my question. FISHR has some excellent threads on this, and I've looked at EASEIN2ITG's posts, but those are about an '04 with Bose, I think.

I assume I need a specific wiring harness to convert the output of the HU, but does anyone know how this works in a 6 speaker setup? I'm hoping the front door and tweets are both powered from a single input (they split at the x-over?) so the 4x50w amp in the D-3 is enough. I know I also need a JDM double-DIN kit (probably from Grubbs), and the AC board. I currently have no dual zone climate - if I solder on the button, can I have it, or is the A/C system actually different on non-premium package coupes?

I'm also searching for info on the D-3 trim ring issue. Hopefully there isn't a problem, I'd like to DIY this if possible to save money...

Sorry for all the questions, I'd appreciate any input!!!

Cheers,
RDaneel