New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

04 G35 Hello!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 12:27 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 G35 Hello!

Hello everyone, Ive owned my 2004 G35 coupe for roughly a year now and have been lingering on these forms. Ive decided to finally make a contribution and add to this beautiful community . My car is pretty stock, and hopefully it stays together long enough for me to finish building it one day. Ive upgraded the brakes, lowered on tein s-techs, front and rear camber control arms, and 19x10 square bmw type 95 wheels. the fitment makes for a rough ride, but i have plans to move into a more track oriented direction in the next few years. currently have been dealing with alot of frustrating speed bumps with the car in just the last week alone. I blew a front tire hitting a pothole on the highway, and my size (275/30/19) was uncommon and i could only find one pair at a local shop. nitto n555 tires are not cheap! ended up spending close to 700$ and a heartbreak that morning. Next day the battery gives up and a cell goes bad. I decided to give the car some love while i was at all this fixing business and changed the cabin and air filter while i was at it. The old air filter was pretty nasty needless to say... Now ive got a even bigger issue.. the car runs like ****, and ive been trying my best to diagnose it, even taking it to a few mechanics i know. Still no dice, but i plan on doing a smoke test this weekend to see if the introduction to more air flow has revealed any post-MAF vacuum leaks. Any suggestions on fixing my issue would be much appreciated

The following users liked this post:
12pawsinn (02-28-2023)
Old 09-29-2015, 12:55 AM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
You didn't give us anything to work with other than 'it runs like ****'. What are the symptoms?

Old 09-29-2015, 01:09 AM
Very good point, those would be helpful.
At idle the car sounds like its misfiring, almost like a sputter. idle is around 550 rpm and it nevers dies on me. when i rev it up it almost sounds muffled and the power is definitely not there.. I havent been able to get the car on a lift to check for exhaust leaks, but i feel like the root of the problem is deeper than just that. i plan on doing a Clear Mixture Ratio Self-Learning Control Data procedure tomorrow. (http://infinitihelp.com/diy/gcoupe/p...f_learning.php)

Old 09-29-2015, 01:40 AM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Just clean the MAF and throttle body.

In fact I would change your plugs and pcv valve as well. Sounds like nothings ever been changed. There's no way an exhaust leak can cause that. The exhaust is after the complete air/fuel mix and burn process. Your issue is metered (or unmetered rather) air, and/or a spark/fuel problem. I'm almost certain its a metered air problem tho, but I would change plugs and pcv anyway as well as cleaning the MAF and TB.

Last edited by ScraggleRock; 09-29-2015 at 01:51 AM.
KruZZe (09-29-2015)
Old 09-29-2015, 10:01 AM
Originally Posted by ScraggleRock
Just clean the MAF and throttle body.

In fact I would change your plugs and pcv valve as well. Sounds like nothings ever been changed. There's no way an exhaust leak can cause that. The exhaust is after the complete air/fuel mix and burn process. Your issue is metered (or unmetered rather) air, and/or a spark/fuel problem. I'm almost certain its a metered air problem tho, but I would change plugs and pcv anyway as well as cleaning the MAF and TB.
I plan on cleaning both the MAF and TB. once i find out where my unmetered air is coming from, ill address that issue as well. once ive done those things i think re-learning the ecu and throttle position is my final step. ill let it figure itself out over a few days.

Old 10-11-2015, 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by KruZZe
I plan on cleaning both the MAF and TB. once i find out where my unmetered air is coming from, ill address that issue as well. once ive done those things i think re-learning the ecu and throttle position is my final step. ill let it figure itself out over a few days.
Update! It was an exhuast leak at the test pipe

Old 07-25-2022, 07:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 Infiniti G35 sedan ( Diamond Graphite)
I have a 2006 G35 sedan and so far I changed the catalytic converters,A/T FR/B solenoid,Transmission Temperature sensor, fresh transmission fluid and filter, MAF , APPS ( whole assembly changed), new battery, and new brake pads, plus fresh oil change and filter.

My car symptoms are slip & vdc lights are on at the same time as the check engine light, late gear shifts, hesitant to accelerate from complete stop, RPMs are hesitant when pedal is fully depressed (very sluggish rev ups), reduced power, delayed response when stepping on gas pedal, the RPMs struggles to get to 2000RPMs.

Ive done the idle relearn procedure many times but it's not sticking. Im lost , HELP!

CODES
: P0710 & C1131 !

also received a P0507, P2101, P2128, P2138, P0223, P0123, P0710 , but all parts was replaced as of today Monday, July 25. 2022.

Old 07-29-2022, 10:29 AM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Replied to your other thread.

Old 02-12-2023, 12:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti G37 coupe
Change your spark plugs and coil packs

Very good point, those would be helpful.
At idle the car sounds like its misfiring, almost like a sputter. idle is around 550 rpm and it nevers dies on me. when i rev it up it almost sounds muffled and the power is definitely not there.. I havent been able to get the car on a lift to check for exhaust leaks, but i feel like the root of the problem is deeper than just that. i plan on doing a Clear Mixture Ratio Self-Learning Control Data procedure tomorrow. (http://infinitihelp.com/diy/gcoupe/p...f_learning.php)
Change coil packs and spark plugs and when you do make sure to check to see if there’s oil in your spark plug wells if there is there are many possible causes aka bad gasket seal/blown pistons bad o rings etc but start with that before you go all out thinking your car is ****ed

Old 02-12-2023, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Hello everyone, Ive owned my 2004 G35 coupe for roughly a year now and have been lingering on these forms. Ive decided to finally make a contribution and add to this beautiful community . My car is pretty stock, and hopefully it stays together long enough for me to finish building it one day. Ive upgraded the brakes, lowered on tein s-techs, front and rear camber control arms, and 19x10 square bmw type 95 wheels. the fitment makes for a rough ride, but i have plans to move into a more track oriented direction in the next few years. currently have been dealing with alot of frustrating speed bumps with the car in just the last week alone. I blew a front tire hitting a pothole on the highway, and my size (275/30/19) was uncommon and i could only find one pair at a local shop. nitto n555 tires are not cheap! ended up spending close to 700$ and a heartbreak that morning. Next day the battery gives up and a cell goes bad. I decided to give the car some love while i was at all this fixing business and changed the cabin and air filter while i was at it. The old air filter was pretty nasty needless to say... Now ive got a even bigger issue.. the car runs like ****, and ive been trying my best to diagnose it, even taking it to a few mechanics i know. Still no dice, but i plan on doing a smoke test this weekend to see if the introduction to more air flow has revealed any post-MAF vacuum leaks. Any suggestions on fixing my issue would be much appreciated
Have any of you mechanics pulled any codes?
https://autotrends.org/clogged-catal...rter-symptoms/
Before you start just throwing parts on a twenty year old vehicle I would investigate the catalytic converters. Most likely they along with many other parts on a twenty year old vehicle are at or near end of life. I don't post much on this site very often anymore because after owning three Infiniti's between 2006 and 2022 along with more vehicles than I can count and driving for more than 60 years, I have completely given up on ICE vehicles and only need to rotate tires, change wiper blades and air filters. I think you and many others should begin to recognize what is now occurring in the automotive world.
I love filling up now with regular single phase 240 volt charger at 48 amps beginning at midnight so my vehicle is fully charged and warm at 6 AM for me.
Good luck

04 G35 Hello!-4xadssf.jpg
04 G35 Hello!-gzafviq.jpg

Old 02-12-2023, 03:19 PM
Received 334 Likes on 286 Posts
Coupe, Premium package, sport suspension
I admire your talent for sucking the fun out of life.

Not everyone has a lifetime of earnings to fall back on to buy $90,000 computers on wheels. Plus the cost of a 240 volt charger. Plus the cost of electricity. Plus the cost of insurance for a battery-powered vehicle.

Some people even enjoy the fresh air gained from working out under the shade tree.

I'm off my soapbox now. You should climb down from your (off-topic) one too.

Old 02-12-2023, 04:49 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
I've worked on 3x model S, one model X (and that's not including other brands like Leaf, etc). They're just like every other vehicle, things break, parts are expensive. They have their pros, cons, and quirks, I'm definitely not on board for buying one quite yet but my brother is on his 3rd Tesla and loves it. Power is good, cornering feels terrible (even with the magnaride), FSD beta feels light years better than the standard autopilot even though it's technically the same program, once FSD has fully replaced cruise control that will be ****ING AMAZING.

One of the biggest drawbacks right now is warranty repairs, at least in our area the only licensed repair shop in the region has a backlog of like 4 months, that's a long time to wait when your heat pump goes out in the winter if you aren't willing/able to troubleshoot/fix it yourself. Once they iron out the logistics on repair shops that will be a giant step in the right direction. Wait until your driver side door handle retract motor on a Model S fails, then have the repair shop tell you it will be a 4 month wait and you literally have to go in through the passenger side, up and over the console, just to get into your car... pretty brutal, and the parts themselves are expensive and not very many available in the wrecking yards. This will obviously become more of a problem as they age, less of a problem as aftermarket starts getting into the repair parts business for Tesla.

Body repair is even worse, the only authorized body repair shop is a 3 hour drive... his current P100D has a little ding in the door that the insurance company paid out cash and refused to have the option to fix because of that lol. Can't just roll into any old body shop for Tesla body repairs when they're under warranty apparently?

Fit and finish is still pretty rough, my G was put together better than all 3 of his Teslas (2012, 2015, 2019 model years) but the panoramic glass roof is amazing (and probably crazy expensive to replace) and there's still a TON to love.

Overall though electric vehicles are steadily making ground, people complained about the Prius when that tech was new, look at it now, bugs all worked out and those things are reliable workhorses. Full E will probably follow the same pattern over the next decade. Will it entirely replace ICE? Probably not in the next 20 years but the tech is definitely here to stay and they are constantly innovating new things.

I strongly suggest everyone not trash talk Tesla in particular, but E-cars in general until you've ridden/driven in one, there's a LOT going for them, things like e-pedal is so superior to the throttle pedal on a standard ICE car it's an entirely different driving experience and well worth the test drive or buddy drive if you know anyone who has one. Fuel cost is less than a quarter of most ICE cars. Never going to a gas station again is crazy to even think about.

EDIT: Also, the cabin heating up in LITERALLY SECONDS in the middle on winter when you first turn the car on is creepy AF...

Last edited by cleric670; 02-12-2023 at 04:54 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by cleric670:
telcoman (02-19-2023), Urbanengineer (02-12-2023)
Old 02-22-2023, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by cleric670
I've worked on 3x model S, one model X (and that's not including other brands like Leaf, etc). They're just like every other vehicle, things break, parts are expensive. They have their pros, cons, and quirks, I'm definitely not on board for buying one quite yet but my brother is on his 3rd Tesla and loves it. Power is good, cornering feels terrible (even with the magnaride), FSD beta feels light years better than the standard autopilot even though it's technically the same program, once FSD has fully replaced cruise control that will be ****ING AMAZING.

One of the biggest drawbacks right now is warranty repairs, at least in our area the only licensed repair shop in the region has a backlog of like 4 months, that's a long time to wait when your heat pump goes out in the winter if you aren't willing/able to troubleshoot/fix it yourself. Once they iron out the logistics on repair shops that will be a giant step in the right direction. Wait until your driver side door handle retract motor on a Model S fails, then have the repair shop tell you it will be a 4 month wait and you literally have to go in through the passenger side, up and over the console, just to get into your car... pretty brutal, and the parts themselves are expensive and not very many available in the wrecking yards. This will obviously become more of a problem as they age, less of a problem as aftermarket starts getting into the repair parts business for Tesla.

Body repair is even worse, the only authorized body repair shop is a 3 hour drive... his current P100D has a little ding in the door that the insurance company paid out cash and refused to have the option to fix because of that lol. Can't just roll into any old body shop for Tesla body repairs when they're under warranty apparently?

Fit and finish is still pretty rough, my G was put together better than all 3 of his Teslas (2012, 2015, 2019 model years) but the panoramic glass roof is amazing (and probably crazy expensive to replace) and there's still a TON to love.

Overall though electric vehicles are steadily making ground, people complained about the Prius when that tech was new, look at it now, bugs all worked out and those things are reliable workhorses. Full E will probably follow the same pattern over the next decade. Will it entirely replace ICE? Probably not in the next 20 years but the tech is definitely here to stay and they are constantly innovating new things.

I strongly suggest everyone not trash talk Tesla in particular, but E-cars in general until you've ridden/driven in one, there's a LOT going for them, things like e-pedal is so superior to the throttle pedal on a standard ICE car it's an entirely different driving experience and well worth the test drive or buddy drive if you know anyone who has one. Fuel cost is less than a quarter of most ICE cars. Never going to a gas station again is crazy to even think about.

EDIT: Also, the cabin heating up in LITERALLY SECONDS in the middle on winter when you first turn the car on is creepy AF...
You schedule the charge thru the Tesla App as well as scheduling the time of your morning departure with your preferred temperature setting.
A couple of weeks ago, with the outdoor morning temperature at 7 degrees, when I entered my vehicle in the garage with a 90% charge the temperature in the car was 70 degrees..
No matter how much money the ill informed ICE owners are spending to make their vehicles go faster these EV vehicles will leave them in the dust every time.
I will never return to an ICE vehicle.
Here in NJ there is no state sales tax, no NJ State inspection for zero emission vehicles and a $1500 dollar utility rebate for the installation for a level 2 charge station in your home.
Years ago I thought driving a stick shift 6 speed manual Infiniti was fantastic.
Tesla is so far ahead of every other automobile on the market and their charging network is fantastic.

Urbanengineer (02-24-2023)
Old 02-25-2023, 02:27 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Originally Posted by telcoman
No matter how much money the ill informed ICE owners are spending to make their vehicles go faster these EV vehicles will leave them in the dust every time.
I will never return to an ICE vehicle.
Yesterday I went for a ride in a 900WHP EVOix, and a 1700WHP GTR. Granted these things were some monsters with a lot of time/money into them but they eat every other car on the road and that GTR pulled away from a P100D like it wasn't even moving which is crazy considering how fast a P100D is lol. Compared to a STOCK vehicle then yeah, Tesla eats basically everything else on the road. This is another one of my complaints about EV, your only real option for performance mods is just lightning the chassis, wheels, tires.

A guy with a ZL1 Camaro mildly built with tires/axles/driveline was dead even with the P100D. He said he only had about $60k into the car and was running mid 10s. He said on his street legal tires it's basically 11 flat. Pretty solid performer in the same price/performance as a used P100D

The best bang for your buck though for stock performance is a used P85D, those things run high 11 all day long and you can find them for under $40k now which is incredibly low priced considering how fast they are.

I definitely dislike the Plaid yoke steering wheel though, hopefully there are aftermarket solutions in the future, I can't one-hand steer it very well.

EV's are definitely here to stay though.

Old 02-27-2023, 05:04 PM
Received 84 Likes on 77 Posts
One owner 2004 G35 Coupe 6MT
Originally Posted by cleric670
Yesterday I went for a ride in a 900WHP EVOix, and a 1700WHP GTR. Granted these things were some monsters with a lot of time/money into them but they eat every other car on the road and that GTR pulled away from a P100D like it wasn't even moving which is crazy considering how fast a P100D is lol. Compared to a STOCK vehicle then yeah, Tesla eats basically everything else on the road. This is another one of my complaints about EV, your only real option for performance mods is just lightning the chassis, wheels, tires.

A guy with a ZL1 Camaro mildly built with tires/axles/driveline was dead even with the P100D. He said he only had about $60k into the car and was running mid 10s. He said on his street legal tires it's basically 11 flat. Pretty solid performer in the same price/performance as a used P100D

The best bang for your buck though for stock performance is a used P85D, those things run high 11 all day long and you can find them for under $40k now which is incredibly low priced considering how fast they are.

I definitely dislike the Plaid yoke steering wheel though, hopefully there are aftermarket solutions in the future, I can't one-hand steer it very well.

EV's are definitely here to stay though.
That yoke is awful, and just as bad are the buttons for the turn signals. No stalk like every other car on the road.