New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

O5 6speed coupe checking in.. Please Help

Old 03-22-2019, 12:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aftermarket paint airbrushed murals RX-8 Wheels gutted cats new y-pipe junk intake Neochrome shift
O5 6speed coupe checking in.. Please Help

Greetings and salutations fellow G people, I've Loved These cars for very long time and I've finally acquired one. After two months however I'm quite dissatisfied with this car #sadface lol😕

first and foremost I would like to thank everyone for their input as I am in desperate need of Direction at this point.. the car was brought to me on a trailer by someone who had replaced the coils and the spark plugs and the cam timing sensors on the front of the motor..
the y-pipe was torn at both flexes and the intake had electrical tape all over it with the MAF being drilled into a metal pipe...
previous owner told me the car needed fuel injectors so I bought six of them, an intake plenum gasket set and a throttle body gasket. Wells disassembled all of the coil harnesses looks to be installed properly however after getting everything together and reading the forms they were in fact not, I.E. four and 4 were swapped...

the car ran off limp mode only long enough for me to realize that they clutch is completely fried:-( as the car sat at idle it got hot( about 75% of the gauge) before I turn to the heater on drove the car home let it cool down and turned it off then proceeded to pull radiator cap and fill radiator from overflow... I have since had zero overheating issues however assuming probably just a stuck thermostat however when I restarted the car and went back into limp mode and has not wanted to come out...

today I discovered that I had pinched the oil fill rubber splash guard Under the intake plenum gasket at the corner, so I immediately corrected the issue as well as installed new PCV valve cleaned MAF with MAF cleaner and reset ECU....

car still has a miss and engine light is now intermittent meaning specifically sometimes it is not on at idle but blinks when accelerating sometimes idle is smooth sometimes idle is rough as is acceleration please help crank and cam sensors are all I can think of other than main bearings or valve issues if anyone has possible Solution please let me know thank you in advance for any love yall's Infinite Wisdom🇺🇸

Old 03-22-2019, 09:32 AM
Received 96 Likes on 89 Posts
any codes

Old 03-22-2019, 11:22 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo
Received 1,432 Likes on 1,180 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
So many things to address.
1. Do you have the OEM intake? If not get one with the proper maf. Electrical tape is not a fix for worn plastic pipes and you probably have vacuum leaks. I can't even envision what metal pipe the MAF is screwed into. Have a pic for us?
2. Were the cam sensors Nissan OEM or Hitachi? It's common knowledge here our cars don't play nice with aftermarket sensors. Since you're an 05 6MT (rev-up motor) you'll have 4 cam sensors and one crank. Codes to look for are P0340/0345 (cam sensors) and 0335 (crank)
3. Have you checked the spark plugs to make sure they're ok? Also watch out for oil leaking into the spark plug wells, the gaskets in the valve covers for the plugs are crap and will wear out over time allowing oil seepage.
4. As far as the clutch that's a shame.
5. Keep an eye on temps. Our cars are notorious for being difficult to bleed properly which will lead to overheating. You can test the thermostat by taking it out and dunking it in boiling water. It should open and if it doesn't, yep it's stuck and needs to be replaced.

That's all I have, let us know how things progress and welcome to the family.

Old 03-22-2019, 12:00 PM
Received 96 Likes on 89 Posts
also you might wanna check compression or verify acceptable oil burn amounts some other way before dumping time and money into it, the 05s are known to burn a lot of oil and this one sounds really beat.

Old 03-22-2019, 12:04 PM
BANNED!!!
Received 815 Likes on 749 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Start with that blinking check engine light. It's telling you what the current problem is.