Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Comments on Garmin Ique 3600?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2004, 11:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Comments on Garmin Ique 3600?

Anyone have any updated reviews about the Garmin Ique 3600? I'm seriously considering this product and saw that others have been using it. Anyone care to comment?

Thanks in advance.

Old 03-26-2004, 11:59 AM
Re: Comments on Garmin Ique 3600?

I use it in my car and I am really amazed how well and accurate it is. Even downloaded some pics of my car onto the palm pilot to show my car to friends. Picked up a 256mb SD card for it at circuit city for 60 bucks after a 15 dollar rebate. The 512mb runs about 230 dollars. Why the huge price dif, I don't know. I can download street level data on the card from Virginia to Dallas texas and still have plenty of room for my MP3's on it. Yes it plays MP3's.

215735-Garmin.jpg

Old 03-26-2004, 10:27 PM

I got the 3600 before I got my G. It is amazing.

Pros:
1)Extremely accurate.
2)Searches are relative to your current position rather then by city name. Unless of course you want to search using a city name. This feature alone is golden compared to the G nav.
3)Search function has a large amount of filters for points of interest (ie. government offices, airports, parks, etc.)
4)search functions are integrated with your PDA address book.
5)"Turns" function is better at alerting the user when a turn is coming. This function also knows when to return to the main map rather then stay on the turn menu like the G nav.

Cons:
1)Battery life is probably about 2-3 hours if you are doing heavy GPS, search, auto route functions. For some reason I think the manual suggests a much larger value. Good news is you can also purchase an in-car adapter that hooks up to the lighter.

2)Speaker is not loud enough. It is very difficult to hear the voice commands if you are in your car with the radio on.

3)finding a method of mounting the thing in your car. Garmin offers a "sandbag" type mounting system for your car but that is just ghetto. If you have any good mounting suggestions let me know cause I have not found anything (less building one myself).

Well this was the first GPS system I have ever owned and I think I became spoiled by its functions. When I got my G with nav I was definitly dissapointed by its abilities compared with the 3600. Also, I have never been let down by its directions. Extremely important considering I do a lot of traveling for buisness. If you dont have one and are considering a hand held GPS that also serves as a very respectable PDA then you should definitly get this. It is my 2nd favorite toy. Cost me $30,000 for my first fav.

Old 04-01-2004, 07:47 PM

Thanks for the help. Just ordered mine and should have it next week. I'll give it a good test when I take my big road trip at the end of the month and report back.

Old 04-01-2004, 08:42 PM

Hey if your planning to get detailed maps for a road trip you should probably consider picking up extra memory for it.

-JustICE

Old 04-11-2004, 01:16 AM
G35driver.com Moderator

darn, just put mine up on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3091143292
Dont get me wrong, its a great unit for the price concious consumer. The reason i am selling it is because i dont need its PDA nor NAV capabilities, and now i can afford to put a Pioneer AVIC-N1 into my G...

You will need the expansion memory for sure, dont get anything less than 256MB.

<font color=green>-Rambo</font color=green>
G35c-6MT-DG/Willow/HyperGround/BorlaExhaust/350Z-intake