Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

SoundInnovations

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2004, 08:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SoundInnovations

who's G35 sedan is it belong to? i had nice chat today with ernie about redoing the door panels, and installing the N1s, soon as i walk into the doors, i saw yours being install with the AVIC-N1s,darn!!! guess you beat me to it, my would not be in till end of the month, the cubby fabrication coming along nicely, it lQQK much much better than what i have done before. i know you are around here, wanna say "hello" and ask why you didnt go with the double din kit option?... ~shane

03 coupe 5AT DG/G premium,performance

Old 04-09-2004, 08:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: SoundInnovations

That's not my G, but where is SoundInnovations and do you have contact info for them? I'm considering finding somplace (in the SF bay area) familiar with G's to upgrade my system.

Dr. Jim
2003 DesertPlatinum/Graphite G35C 6MT
Aero/Prem/Nav/HyperGround/XMSat/BSM/Tint/ClearBra/CG/NismoChromeShifter/RacePedals/Z-tube/JWTPopCharger

Old 04-09-2004, 09:23 PM

here you go...ernie (510)471-9062...30872 huntwood ave. suite 2 hayward CA

i dont know how many car they have done that was in car audio elect. mag, but i think i saw three in last six month...check him out!!!

Old 04-10-2004, 11:36 AM

I would like to know if you guys could please give me your reasons for selecting the N1 over the AVN. We sell both and everyone seems to prefer the AVN.

Old 04-10-2004, 12:13 PM

So that's my car you saw at Soundinnovations. Check out my other post for reasons. I was hoping the unit would sit more flush but I was not willing to compromise the AC airflow so we came up with this solution. I think it looks pretty good.
Soundinnovations was recommended to me by a co-worker and as far as my experience goes so far, Ernesto's been very professional and all his work examples that I've seen have been top notch.

Old 04-10-2004, 01:37 PM

It's funny that you say everyone prefers the AVN when clearly most people here prefer the N1. Personally, I didn't want a double din unit as the display would be too low for me.

Old 04-10-2004, 03:38 PM

Both pieces are good pieces. I think most people here prefer the N1 because it is a little easier(& maybe cheaper) to get and most have not played with both units sid by side in a showroom or car. When a customer plays with both, they love the "flat in the dash" fact, they love that they do not have to remove their DVD in order to play a cd, Eclipses superior picture & sound quality and the LOVE the 3 year warranty. You figure, a 3 year extended warranty on a $2300 LCD screen usually runs about $300 and with the Eclipse, it is free.

As far as the high in the dash: that is obviously personal preference, but most of our customers seem to prefer the flush look.

Also, most people who buy navigation systems for the first time, don't realize that you listen to the guidance more than look at the screen.

One last thing. The screen angles for easy viewing.

Old 04-11-2004, 01:39 AM

it just depends on individual...when i was in SoundInnovations, they also have another car being install with the AVN's, to me the double din monitor just dont seem to fit well with most of cars, it might be different if its in an SUV, since most of the NVAI came with the SUV have an huge screen display, by the way first AVN i saw, was in an SUV!, if its retrackable it might be different story.

as far as for the picture quality, you think you really can tell that much difference on that lil 6.5 display? and other draw back for the N1 is that you have to swap the disc, but the memory NAVI feature gets around that nicely(maybe)...but most of all, for me it just come down to the PRICE! AVN=2300, N1=1700~ish, eventhough i dont buy electronics on-line, my price for N1 is under 2000, can get lil lower if you shop around in town.

by the way...can you disable the NVAI's voice on either unit? if i cant it will drive nuts...and if i use changer? so i can leave the NAVI's disc in the din, and not to worry about the swaping?...ohohoh one big plus for the N1 is that, the face is detachable!...s.w.