Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Help Guys - Question about V35 A/C Controller.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 07:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help Guys - Question about V35 A/C Controller.

Ok. Please help me guys. These might be standard on this controller but I am not sure. To get right down to my questions. The only way my A/C will kick on and blow cold is when I turn it to 60 degrees. I turn it to 61 and it feels like it gets a bit warmer then I turn it to 62 and all hell breaks loose and it blows like your heater is on 85 or 90. Is this normal? If not, what did I do wrong during installation and what are my options. I know you guys can help. Only the best in here!! Thanks, LL

Old 04-08-2004, 07:55 PM
Re: Help Guys - Question about V35 A/C Controller.

Ahhh, I just had that exact same thing happen to me after installing my new stereo components. I did not find the prolem myself but I knew the installers must have either left a temp sensor off or knocked it loose. Sure enough, a loose/disconnected temp sensor was it.

Old 04-08-2004, 08:05 PM

Do you know where this temp sensor is located? Does it plug up into the A/C Controller to where the factory one went into the old one? That whole piece was not connected, or is it totally a sepearate sensor? I also switched the Dual Climate control back and forth and set it on the driver side, but it seems like it still was blowing from the front on both sides. It might be related to this disconnected wire? Thanks for the quick reply. I can not say it enough how helpful everyone here is.....

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by cloudkid on 04/08/04 05:07 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 04-08-2004, 09:34 PM

I'm sorry but I really don't know for sure. My problem began immediately after having the new stereo components installed so I know they had to have disturned it.

Old 04-09-2004, 12:30 AM
Black 2004 G35 6MT, chrome wheels, black, still pristine

I thought the AC controller only had one connection point. How do you mess THAT up??? I'm honestly curious. Obviously, there's more to it than the harness.... I'll be doing the surgery in the next 2 weeks and I want to be prepared. What else is there to do?

Old 04-09-2004, 02:49 AM
Location: Centerburg, Ohio (the geographical center of the Buckeye State)
Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts

Cloud,

can you please copy my latest PM to you into this forum for other people's thoughts?

Old 04-09-2004, 09:28 AM

Received: 04/08/04 11:43 PM
You can check out the AC function before reinserting the HVAC unit.

I don't know, though, if you can adjust your AC's temp control, the ACC SHOULD be connected properly. When my ACC wouldn't work, I couldn't even adjust any button, which means my ACC wasn't connected correctly.

If you have your old stock ACC, I would test that too. You can attach your stock ACC just by the plug and see if your ACC works properly. If the stock ACC DOES work, then you know its not your car side electronics and the problem may be the v35 ACC. ONE CONSIDERATION is that if the v35 does not work and the stock one does, I hate to say that your installer may have fried your v35 ACC IC board by soldering toooooooo much while switching your DCC IC board little green button. Doing the DCC IC button swap is pretty tedious and the solder terminals are pretty tiny. I was worried that I would fry my IC board from overheating the circuits by soldering too much. I know you can fry LEDs by soldering too much and overheating the LED.

Hope fully this is not the case and its as simple as the plug connection. But if the stock ACC works, the problem probably lies within the v35 ACC. Your installer should pay for a new v35 ACC or at least deduct what he charged you. The shitty thing is that you have to order a new one and wait another 3 weeks. The other forseeable problem, though, is the installer may say that there is no way to know whether or not the the v35 ACC worked properly in the first place and its not his fault, even though he did fry the IC board. There's not way to prove him wrong either, you didn't test the v35 ACC before you gave it to him right? I wouldn't have b/c you assume that if it comes new, it should work right? Oh [censored]....

Oh, I forgot......if your installer fried your stock ACC when removing the little green button, your stock ACC may not work too. Then, you or the installer may assume that your car side electronics is malfunctioning. Then what....crap!

Good luck and let me know what happens.

Old 04-09-2004, 02:12 PM

I just spoke to my installer and he said the disconnected sensor that was causing this on my G was just under the forward dash.

Old 04-09-2004, 02:51 PM

I sent you a pm too. Just so we make everyone aware and can document it, when he means just "under the forward dash", where is this location? Is it a wire that connects to the plug on the A/C Controller? I thought the A/C controller just snaps together with the factory male/female end? Thanks for looking into this and if you can ask your installer for more details it would be very appreciated..

Old 04-09-2004, 06:45 PM
Location: Centerburg, Ohio (the geographical center of the Buckeye State)
Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't understand the disconnected temp sensor. I know there is a temp sensor located under the windshield (one of the round ~1.5" black discs that sit on your dash to the right of the front defroster vent, the other light sensor to the left is for your auto headlights) but I don't know how a wire could be disconnected from that.

The ACC should be a simple male/female plug (with those little 2 retaining clips).

Old 04-09-2004, 07:29 PM

That is what I thought. But it looks like his problems was exactly like mine. To the "T". I will be ripping my dash up tomorrow morning and check it out. Try to eliminate as much as possible. And then if all else fails, then I will find another V-35 A/C Controller. And do it again. =/

Old 04-09-2004, 07:31 PM

I know there is more people out there that have installed the Double Din? Help my fellow G Owners!! Thanks, LL

Old 04-10-2004, 12:23 AM

If you find out the problem, please let me know. When my a/c is on 61, it feels like it is set at 90.

Old 04-10-2004, 06:46 PM

DHB. Thanks for you help and information. It turns out that there is a temp connector that plugs into the drivers side, right beside your cigarette lighter. You probably have a small vent where it is at. When my installer put the car back together this was left unplugged! So the reason for the A/C Controller acting up. We plugged this back in and it is as good as new again. Thanks again for everyone's help on this. If you should have any questions let me know.

Old 04-10-2004, 11:41 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

alagolfer,

WITH MY A/C OFF:
When i set my temp to 60, it blows cold air, but when set to 61, the temp difference is HUGE.

This means that your A/C unit is not even kicking in. When you press the A/C button.. do you hear a "click" or loud "tick" coming from the engine compartment? That would signify that your A/C compressor has turned on.

<font color=green>-Rambo</font color=green>
G35c-6MT-DG/Willow/HyperGround/BorlaExhaust/350Z-intake

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help Guys - Question about V35 A/C Controller.